Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sonic Generations

Ike

£16.99 @Amazon!

Is this likely to drop below £10 I wonder?

The price of Sonic games always drops like a stone for some reason.

Apart from a rather annoying last boss, I loved almost every second of this game.

I only have 2 other real annoyances:

1) The missions with the helper characters were pretty bad, and

2) What did they do to my precious Planet Wisp?

Eggman may have been cutting up the environment but Sonic Team took a mallet to the level design and pummelled it senseless. After 16 incredibly fun levels (well 15, Seaside Hill Classic is good, not great), I hit upon PW expecting great things.

Were the games made by two completely different teams within Sonic Team? For anyone wondering, those levels certainly aren't representative of the level design of Sonic Colours - Colours plays more like all the other fun levels.

I'm not going to raise issues over length as it's just as long as most other Sonic games these days and whilst more would have been welcome (where is my Sonic 3 Ice Cap Zone?), I'm pretty grateful for what is there already.

For the past month, I've been playing this and Zelda SS and I can easily say I enjoyed this game more.

Funny story: I wasn't confirming my skill selection (with the start button) after assigning them to the slots so I ended up beating the game without using any skills.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DLC would be amazing, this is one of my favourite Sonic games along with Colours. I still can't believe I paid £40 for it to then see it for £20 a few weeks later but I suppose that was my own fault :p

It was worth it for the Sonic Avatar costume.

Ah well I'm glad I got in there quick! Pays to wait some of the bargains I've picked up have been amazing this year!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!