NEurope
Ashley

Plastic Surgery

In a Nip/Tuck mood (the last few episodes of season three are shaping up to be so good) and thought I'd ask a question that "affects our society" as they say in crummy PSRE lessons.

Would you ever consider plastic surgery for vanity reasons? If you were in a serious accident or something then it doesn't count, but if you just didn't like you're nose, of felt like a tummy tuck, would you?

Personally I would never say no. There's nothing I dislike at the moment (and not in an "im great" way but in a "i dont hate myself" way) about my body, but in the future maybe. Some light work perhaps? Nothing OTT and Carol Vordamonesq. I'd never be able to have a rhinoplasty though, it just creeps me out thinking about it cause after watching N/T I know what they do and its weird and scary.

I'm very sure I never would, unless I have an accident but you said that didn't count.

What is the thing that women most like to change when they opt for surgery?

Nose!

Never in a million years. I had surgery on my eye when i was younger, and it was deadly sore, and i still have a scar which hurts when i look towards my nose.

my friend had her nose fixed for medical reasons, and it was scary :S blood and ugh

Stupid, thats my quick sum up, its worse that godforsaken make up

Its stupid that people who have been disfigured in an accident should want to look the way they were previously?

K.

If you are disfigured in an accident then fine i never said it wasnt, i mean people trying to change the way they already look, now that, in my opinion, is dumb

I don't have a problem with the way i look so i would say NO. But if someone wants to look differnt and has the money why not. Though i find the whole face stretching thing rather weird, i don't see why people don't just grow old gracefully, but each to there own and all that.

I don't think its stupid or anything, as I see it as a progression of make up and such. Sure if you find that fundementally stupid then you're not going to like plastic surgery but its just about changing yourself so you are happier. I see it no different to the fact I recently died my hair because I wanted a change that I controlled. My friend has had a breast reduction and she feels much happier because of it. So maybe we shouldn't give into our vanity in our ideal world but ideals are often not for the best in actuality.

And some surgerys are not "too much hassle". You can get a lunchtime botox, or even surgerys where everything is clear within a week.

Nothing wrong with dieing your hair either.. i say just give yourself a face pack if you must and go on a diet

Sometimes people do go on diets and end up with excess skin that dieting can't fix. Should they just live with flabby excess skin? Lipo im not sure how I really feel about that, some people use it to be lazy sure. Plus the procedure itself is yuck.

If i had lipo, i'd want to keep the fat and throiw it at people ^_^

seriously though, i probably wouldn't have it done, unless i had a lot of money and wanted an 'oddity' put on... (EG. make my nose just that little bit bigger)(not that it isn't larger than average already) Since i'm kinda like that :/

If i had lipo, i'd want to keep the fat and throiw it at people ^_^

you got issues dude

I had my nose fixed like, three years ago.

*will wait to get hit by rotten tomatoes or something*

I can see why other people would have it done, i have nothing against them, but i wouldnt, because i am perfectly happy with how i look. However, i might consider some sort of laser treatment to rid me of my acne.

I had my nose fixed like, three years ago.

*will wait to get hit by rotten tomatoes or something*

Well if you feel better for it then don't expect rotten tomatoes. Do what makes you happy.

I don't find anything wrong with plastic surgery. Though I'll keep my original face for now.

i don't want to get too deep on this but i believe you are who you are because of your experiences in life.

Changing your image just because you don't like it is not being true to who you are.

i do except that if you are physically injured the ability to have your appearance saved by plastic surgery is a necessity

but hay if some model wants to increase her bust to 64FF it’s her business especially if it costs £10,000, which you could buy a car for, albeit not a good car but still.

Car or boobs???

i don't want to get too deep on this but i believe you are who you are because of your experiences in life.

Well on that note, I change my image in ways because of experiences in life. I dyed my hair to actively make a change in my life, due to changes being made externally by my brother-thing. I got a piercing when I got a crush because I just wanted some mark of sorts. I may get a tattoo with two of my friends because they mean the world to me and I'll be leaving for uni so I want some signal of how much they meant to me. Memories are great, but its just special.

Enough of my gushing. Obviously plastic surgery is a bit different but people could still change their appearance to mark an event or to put the past behind them.

I had my ears pinned back when I was younger. They used to be real jug ears - they didn't just stick out a bit, they stuck out a lot. I got some really harsh bullying because of them, so I decided to get them pinned back before it got to be too much. They look fine now.

Enough of my gushing. Obviously plastic surgery is a bit different but people could still change their appearance to mark an event or to put the past behind them.

The plastic surgery for me was something to give me a fresh new start. I'd been feeling bad and depressed even about myself, mainly because of this nose I had. Got too many comments on it and I'm already very insecure as it is, so that just didn't help me at all. After I finished secondary school/highschool (whatever you want to call it), I had a talk with my mom and she understood why I wanted it and a couple of months later I had my nose fixed. Takes weeks before your face is fully recovered; you look like you've been in a car accident or something, kind of scary. But anyway, everything was looking normal again right when I got to go to college, ready for a new start. And I can tell you I've never felt better about myself and I will never ever regret that I did this.

I'd make my dick bigger.

(And I'm just waiting for someone to say, "why is it really small?)

I wouldn't want it now, but I guess it's possible at some stage in the future.... BoTox or something....