Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Friday

Daft

• A thing that is indisputably the case

• she lacks political experience—a fact that becomes clear when she appears in public
    • a body of fact

[*] Used in discussing the significance of something that is the case

• the real problem facing them is the fact that their funds are being cut

[*] A piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article

[*] The truth about events as opposed to interpretation

• there was a question of fact as to whether they had received the letter

Ok.........

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.........

You don't seem to get it apparently.

What Paj said was not indisputably the case.
  • Used in discussing the significance of something that is the case
    Once again, it is not the case.
  • A piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article No evidence was given.
  • The truth about events as opposed to interpretation
    What Paj said was his interpretation of the quality of music of Rihanna and her music. Also not fact.

I hope you understand now.

Edited by Diageo

You don't seem to get it apparently.

What Paj said was not indisputably the case.
  • Used in discussing the significance of something that is the case
    Once again, it is not the case.
  • A piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article No evidence was given.
  • The truth about events as opposed to interpretation
    What Paj said was her interpretation of the quality of music of Rihanna and her music. Also not fact.

I hope you understand now.

Oh dear, you've done it again.

Prepare yourself to be "Giffed"...

Diageo, you are the epitome of awful. (on here anyway)

What's wrong with you?

Seriously. Do you think I'm not aware of the whole subjective vs. objective thing? Do you really think I don't know that "really it's all subjective"? Lord.

Edited by Paj!

Seriously. Do you think I'm not aware of the whole subjective vs. objective thing? Do you really think I don't know that "really it's all subjective"? Lord.

Then why do you keep saying things are facts, when they're clearly not? I could understand if the whole post was written tongue in cheek or whatever, but it never comes across that way.

From now on, I'm going to post as a huge racist. But it'll be ok because I'll be aware of it.

I don't like Rebecca Black because I don't like blacks.

Diageo, you are the epitome of awful. (on here anyway)

What's wrong with you?

You have a funny way of showing it.

Seriously. Do you think I'm not aware that you're aware of the whole subjective vs. objective thing? Do you really think that I really think that you don't know that "really it's all subjective"? Lord.

Evil-Stepsisters-cinderella-1974433-300-221.jpg

I posted it in response to your post, before I'd seen Diageo's.

Then why do you keep saying things are facts, when they're clearly not? I could understand if the whole post was written tongue in cheek or whatever, but it never comes across that way.

From now on, I'm going to post as a huge racist. But it'll be ok because I'll be aware of it.

I don't like Rebecca Black because I don't like blacks.

I would thank the hilarity in that, but I don't want to be grouped into your evil ways!

"Fact" is a strong word. I'd hope people would guess that me saying Rihanna is a good popstar could be taken with a pinch of salt, or rather, that people could just be like "wtf THIS again?" and move on, rather than try and tell me what a fact is... :laughing:

Also:

diageo.jpg

Basically my thoughts on it. It's all fine and dandy being aware of everything, but it's a bit grating when people seem to actively try to provoke discussions by acting in a certain way, then defending themselves with being aware of it. Just seems to add insult to injury. [/this bit being a general annoyance not particularly aimed at Paj!]

Yes, we've had the subjectivity debate before. So why even risk bringing it up again by using the word "fact"? We may disagree on this subject, but can we at least respect each other's opinions and not risk provoking each other if we're not interested in taking the debate again?

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Basically my thoughts on it. It's all fine and dandy being aware of everything, but it's a bit grating when people seem to actively try to provoke discussions by acting in a certain way, then defending themselves with being aware of it. Just seems to add insult to injury.

I agree. A lot of people seem to think being aware of something makes it ok.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!