N-Europe

"See what happens when kids who are bullied have had enough"

ReZourceman

Here in Canada for instance, you're only allowed to fight back if you're completely trapped in a corner. Apparently having a 4th story window behind you also disqualifies that particular corner.

You have to jump out of a 4th storey window rather than fight back? Sounds like something out of South Park!

I never responded in kind, though there were times I wished I had. You see, I was taught that violence begets violence, that it forms and endless cycle where the victim eventually becomes the bully. Then his victim eventually becomes the bully and so on.

Sorry, but that can't be true. I've punched many a scumbag, and yet I never attack or bully anyone. Even verbally, I avoid saying things that might upset someone.

I was brought up with two rules about this:

1) If someone hits you, hit them back

2) Never kick them when they're down

This is the problem, people don't know the appropriate level of violence. Using these rules, I've never actually been bullied, because bullying requires some sort of cycle. A swift smack in the chops if they hit you means you never become their victim.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but that can't be true. I've punched many a scumbag, and yet I never attack or bully anyone. Even verbally, I avoid saying things that might upset someone.

This is the problem, people don't know the appropriate level of violence. Using these rules, I've never actually been bullied, because bullying requires some sort of cycle. A swift smack in the chops if they hit you means you never become their victim.

Here's the point: .

Here's you:

x

Do you see what you did there?

Edited by Iun

I completely agree with this. I've had fights before because I was pushed over the edge when I got bullied about my weight and then the next day, we'd stay out of each other's way. Also, those two rules are exactly what I do and believe in. If someone hits you, you're not going to stand there and take it, you hit back twice as hard so they get the message that you're not going to be their victim. When they're on the floor, walk away. If they hit you again, you hit them back hard. Simple as that. Let them know you're not taking any bullshit and they'll leave you alone, that's the only way to get it through to bully's heads because they are thick and they are dumb.

Also, I've had a fair few fights yet I'm a nice guy. I'm not malicious or nasty or spiteful or disrespectful to anybody at all but I won't tolerate bullying from anybody. Bullies are cowards today, they go around with their little friends thinking they're tough but watch what happens when you get them on their own, they won't be so tough then.

HA! Even the mom is on Casey's side! Even she is saying the little shit got what he deserved. I'd punish the little shit by taking everything he owns away.

I love how the woman says "Violence doesn't solve anything, try to talk it through"...yeah, I'm sure that kid who was punching Casey in the face sure did want to talk about how he should stop bullying him...Seriously, has she ever been bullied in her life??? I've never known ANY bully stand there and listen to what you have to say.

Edited by Animal
Automerged Doublepost

I love how the woman says "Violence doesn't solve anything, try to talk it through"...yeah, I'm sure that kid who was punching Casey in the face sure did want to talk about how he should stop bullying him...Seriously, has she ever been bullied in her life??? I've never known ANY bully stand there and listen to what you have to say.

Because it's politically incorrect to encourage fighting back, even if it's only in self-defence.

I hate how she still says at the end that walking away is the best option. That just opens you up to more taunts and the bully is safe in the knowledge that you are a target that will not fight back.

And she says that everyone has a right to defend themselves but only if their defence is equal to the threat? Bullshit. Like they said, he took a couple of hits and did nothing but the little shit kept on him so Casey just dealt with it. That's self defence and it shouldn't matter if the bully came off worse or not. Casey was provoked into a fight and shouldn't be punished for losing his temper. For anyone with common sense it should be completely understandable.

Her point, really, is on the 'demonisation' of her son. It's true - why should this one event shape his life? While i understand that bullying is lame, it is ultimately something that people endure in some way through their social development. I know there are extremes, such as kids taking their own lives, but her point stands - Ritchard (or however he spells it) will have to deal with this reputation, and this worldwide focus will change who he will become far more than it should. He's just 12 years old and yes, he made a mistake of trying to be 'cool' and yes, he picked on the wrong kid, but... he's only 12! I'm really starting to feel sorry for him, now.

I hate how she still says at the end that walking away is the best option. That just opens you up to more taunts and the bully is safe in the knowledge that you are a target that will not fight back.

And she says that everyone has a right to defend themselves but only if their defence is equal to the threat? Bullshit. Like they said, he took a couple of hits and did nothing but the little shit kept on him so Casey just dealt with it. That's self defence and it shouldn't matter if the bully came off worse or not. Casey was provoked into a fight and shouldn't be punished for losing his temper. For anyone with common sense it should be completely understandable.

Exactly. If anything, it did even up: Casey got three punches, the bully was thrown to the ground. People should really focus on the fact that Casey was the bigger man! (And here I mean metaphorically.) He walked away from the fight after having disabled his attacker. That's exactly the philosophy behind self-defence.

If I may ...

What is your point, then? :heh:

That despite bullying, war, famine, strife, unhappiness and the general existential dilemma of the human condition, we soldier on tirelessly towards a better dawn and rebirth of our consciousness.

And that the two sequels to the Matrix were enormous piles of shit. As was Starfox Adventures.

Her point, really, is on the 'demonisation' of her son. It's true - why should this one event shape his life? While i understand that bullying is lame, it is ultimately something that people endure in some way through their social development. I know there are extremes, such as kids taking their own lives, but her point stands - Ritchard (or however he spells it) will have to deal with this reputation, and this worldwide focus will change who he will become far more than it should. He's just 12 years old and yes, he made a mistake of trying to be 'cool' and yes, he picked on the wrong kid, but... he's only 12! I'm really starting to feel sorry for him, now.

I completely agree. The backlash he'll experience because of this is really not deserved. Yes, he was a prick, but he's only twelve. People can change, and he a whole life in front of him to do so.

That despite bullying, war, famine, strife, unhappiness and the general existential dilemma of the human condition, we soldier on tirelessly towards a better dawn and rebirth of our consciousness.

:) Well, that's a lovely sentim-

And that the two sequels to the Matrix were enormous piles of shit. As was Starfox Adventures.

You motherfucking piece of shit! I'm gonna kill you!

The reaction was a bit extreme, but it sent quite a big message to the bully, which acts as self defence in the long term. He won't be trying anything again.

Although the sad thing is, he'll probably come back at Casey with a bunch of friends. That's what most pussies tend to do.

I sort of feel sorry for him, since he's been properly embarrassed on a global level. On the other hand, he would be laughing his scrawny tits off if Casey had been embarrassed on a similar scale, so fuck him. People can argue that he's a kid and might change his ways when he grows up, but by then everyone will have forgotten about it so he won't have to worry. He's proven hes a total cuntbag at the present time, so he deserves everything he gets at the moment.

I hope the smaller boy will now think twice before picking on anyone. I don't care about what he does from now on, he could change or he could not - but that video shows him being a pathetic little prick and right now that's what he is. It's up to him to change that.

With an apology broadcast on youtube.

People can argue that he's a kid and might change his ways when he grows up, but by then everyone will have forgotten about it so he won't have to worry. He's proven hes a total cuntbag at the present time, so he deserves everything he gets at the moment.

I agree with you, except I think the point is that due to the internet, people actually may remember him, and that would very likely affect his life.

Now, I'm sorry to get all socio-political here, but would you say the same of the two boys who murdered James Bulger? Would you say that the rest of their lives should not be affected by what they did?

A ship on the wrong course changes direction when it hits a storm.

Because it's politically incorrect to encourage fighting back, even if it's only in self-defence.

Even so, it doesn't solve any problem. If it did, the world would be a happier place and bullying wouldn't even exist in the first place. If anything, not fighting could make matters worse because they know you're an easy target who won't do anything.

I agree with you, except I think the point is that due to the internet, people actually may remember him, and that would very likely affect his life.

Yeah, but does anyone really remember any of the other old memes? I bet no one knows any of their names or recognises them in the street (unless they promote themselves as their meme). And all we have seen of this kid is a blurry YouTube video. The only people that will remember this are the people that know him personally, which would be the same for anyone who is found to be a bully.

I don't think he will over-retaliate, especially now the whole world is watching. I think he's been given a chance to truly think about what he's done. We see in the video an older kid, probably in casey's year, who is blates part of the reason why Richard is acting so tough, steps forwards near the beginning and at the end. Ritchechard will consider his reasons for acting like a little shit, and look at his social ties.

If he's got any brains, that is. But either way, his future in education is tarnished forever - casey will be treated like a celebrity at his school for years to come. Rithchechchard is a weedy little shit who probably chose to side with the bigger boys and be their pimped weasel in order to save his own bacon -- chances are his 'mates' will turn on him and laugh at him now.

The reaction was a bit extreme, but it sent quite a big message to the bully, which acts as self defence in the long term. He won't be trying anything again.

Although the sad thing is, he'll probably come back at Casey with a bunch of friends. That's what most pussies tend to do.

I sort of feel sorry for him, since he's been properly embarrassed on a global level. On the other hand, he would be laughing his scrawny tits off if Casey had been embarrassed on a similar scale, so fuck him. People can argue that he's a kid and might change his ways when he grows up, but by then everyone will have forgotten about it so he won't have to worry. He's proven hes a total cuntbag at the present time, so he deserves everything he gets at the moment.

You say this but you may find that there would be people sticking up for him at that school now. I mean, who would really want to stick up for the prick after that unless you were his friend in the first place or just a dumbass who likes nasty, spiteful pricks. I hope this is the case anyway.

Now, I'm sorry to get all socio-political here, but would you say the same of the two boys who murdered James Bulger? Would you say that the rest of their lives should not be affected by what they did?

A ship on the wrong course changes direction when it hits a storm.

Bad argument, there. Situation A is not the same as situation B. Of course actions should have consequences, but the punishment needs to fit the crime, and I'd say the bully in this case has more or less got the punishment he deserved. The rest of his life being affected by this is really not fair.

Even so, it doesn't solve any problem. If it did, the world would be a happier place and bullying wouldn't even exist in the first place. If anything, not fighting could make matters worse because they know you're an easy target who won't do anything.

Oh, but I completely agree. I just stated the reason. :)

Yeah, but does anyone really remember any of the other old memes? I bet no one knows any of their names or recognises them in the street (unless they promote themselves as their meme). And all we have seen of this kid is a blurry YouTube video. The only people that will remember this are the people that know him personally, which would be the same for anyone who is found to be a bully.

The Star Wars Kid didn't exactly have it easy after he was humiliated online. He managed to get life back on track, but we must not underestimate the power of the media.

Yeah but her point was that if anyone meets him in future and googles his name, then they'll find this stuff.

Goafer; in his social circle this meme will live on a hell of a lot longer. The people that interact with him daily will cause a certain change in his life, regardless of how soon the rest of the world forgets. That's the damage the tornado of internet fame does to regular lives.

The rest of his life being affected by this is really not fair.

I have to vehemently disagree with you. I was bullied constantly during primary school. Even after when I saw the same gang of kids in my town I had to turn and walk the other way. There were places it wasn't safe for me to go alone.

This little shit deserves to live with what he has done for the rest of his life. His victims will have to live with it - he didn't give them any choice.