NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Community

That was possibly one of the best episodes ever.

This season has started a bit shaky, I've felt like the heart wasn't there... but this self-contained episode was amazing!

The timeline where the apartment catches fire and Pierce gets shot, Troy walks in with blood spattered everywhere and the troll sitting in the flames and just says 'You' - brilliant. Also the one where they just sit in silence and Troy starts with 'You guys are my best fri-' and Jeff cuts him off

:laughing:

Edited by The Peeps

The timeline where the apartment catches fire and Pierce gets shot, Troy walks in with blood spattered everywhere and the troll sitting in the flames and just says 'You' - brilliant.

The best part was how they followed that up at the end.

I loved how Pierce absolutely had to mention that he'd had sex with some woman in every timeline... except when he got the perfect opening. That cracked me up for some reason.

But there were a lot of great moments in this episode.

Glee wishes it were half as good as this.

And now we wait for one of NBC's mid-season sitcoms to flop so they can bring back Community. :sad:

So just started watching this last week and blitzed through Season 1 in like 4/5 days on with Season 2 and god I love, its my new favourite show. I love all the movie references and such I love how self aware it is and boy there are tons of 80's references in there which I LOVE!

So just started watching this last week and blitzed through Season 1 in like 4/5 days on with Season 2 and god I love, its my new favourite show. I love all the movie references and such I love how self aware it is and boy there are tons of 80's references in there which I LOVE!

S01E23

S02E19

These two episodes are the perfect examples of why this show is good... it's a shame that more episodes do not display the caliber of these... my problem with this show, being a weekly follower of it since it started is that while there are about 10 episodes that are absolutely perfect, most of the episodes are... well, average. It's like they were written by two completely different teams, like there's a brilliant team in charge of some episodes and a bunch of guys who just keep things running the rest of the episodes. Meh...

Glee wishes it were half as good as this.

And now we wait for one of NBC's mid-season sitcoms to flop so they can bring back Community. :sad:

No... it's taking a break so that 30 rock can come back

I'm going to do my favourite thing now and watch the whole season back-to-back. I now have Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, The Big Bang Theory (leave me alone!) and this to watch. That'll give me something to do over Christmas.

S01E23

S02E19

These two episodes are the perfect examples of why this show is good... it's a shame that more episodes do not display the caliber of these... my problem with this show, being a weekly follower of it since it started is that while there are about 10 episodes that are absolutely perfect, most of the episodes are... well, average. It's like they were written by two completely different teams, like there's a brilliant team in charge of some episodes and a bunch of guys who just keep things running the rest of the episodes. Meh...

I dunno I think there are some episodes that aren't quite as funny but then the concept of the episode is awesome and still makes them great to watch. For example S1 i think episode 16...the breakfast club scene made that episode I could not stop laughing.

There are very few episodes I didn't enjoy. I know its kind of like wow they did that but I hated the Season 2 xmas special....not interesting at all.

The Big Bang Theory (leave me alone!)

Never. That show represents everything bad about TV.

I dunno I think there are some episodes that aren't quite as funny but then the concept of the episode is awesome and still makes them great to watch. For example S1 i think episode 16...the breakfast club scene made that episode I could not stop laughing.

There are very few episodes I didn't enjoy. I know its kind of like wow they did that but I hated the Season 2 xmas special....not interesting at all.

There's not a single episode I dislike, but there's only 10 or so I really like, was my point. The show is great when it's good, but it's mostly average, is my point.

Still one of the 5 best comedies on TV, though...

I can't believe I had no idea what season episode shut up Ashley 20 would be about. Usually these things are all over the internet at least a week before the episode airs. The other two episodes were good, too, though they were never going to top the season 2 finale.

In other news, Dan Harmon is officially out as showrunner. Way to kill my excitement for season 4, Sony. :sad:

Edited by Magnus

Yeah this season has been a bit of hit and miss. I'll obviously watch a 4th season if there is one but I no longer care :(

I can't believe I had no idea what season 20 would be about.

I'm just glad it's apparently been picked up for 16 more seasons.

Yeah, it's weird how quickly I went from "hooray, they've renewed it for another season" to "ugh, I'd rather they just mercy kill it." :sad:

I'm just glad it's apparently been picked up for 16 more seasons.

Hey, if The Simpsons can remain good for twenty se-

No, I'm sorry. I can't finish that sentence.

Yeah, it's weird how quickly I went from "hooray, they've renewed it for another season" to "ugh, I'd rather they just mercy kill it." :sad:

Yeah I totally feel that way. I was so happy when it returned and got syndicated and then had a new season green lit I was excited, now after the awesome finales on Thursday I'm not so sure....

Dan Harmon made the show and I really worry they are gonna tone done what makes it great in the hope of making it more accessible to the masses. Although it's being moved to late Friday nights in the US which is typically an out to die slot so it maybe not so true that they are making this big push for further numbers.

WHAT THE CHANG!

Only started watching in season 3 but enjoy it a lot and will hunt down 1&2.

It runs a fine line (especially with Troy and Abed) between being too "wacky"/"random" but always seems to save it with a strong character point. Having so many threads building through the season makes me happy. Jeff's ego episode was pure gold.

The way the 3rd season ended you wonder if Harmon saw it coming.

The way the 3rd season ended you wonder if Harmon saw it coming.

"I can't count the reasons I should stay... one by one they all just fade away." :sad:

They filmed the season finale before the show was renewed, so that's probably why it ended the way it did.

"Any comment on the whole Dan Harmon situation?" :smile:

"We are ve-ry much look-ing for-ward to film-ing the next sea-son of the cri-tic-ally acc-laim-ed T-V show Com-mu-ni-ty. Beep boop." :blank:

The final few episodes of the season were pretty good. The video game episode was amazing :laughing:

I can't see Community having the same essence to it for season 4 if Dan Harman is out. It's a shame... but who knows, maybe it'll get better!

No, I don't believe that

I thought it was worth bumping the thread to say that,

a) the show is returning in February (but we've known that for a while), but mostly

b) Chevy Chase is leaving the show. And he's in such a hurry to leave that he won't even appear in the two episodes that haven't been filmed yet (but he will appear in the season finale, as it's already finished).

I guess that's the show officially canceled, then, if anyone was still holding out hope for a season 5.

The show has popped up on UK Netflix....but when I tried to watch anything it said that it's "not available for instant streaming". Well what is it available for then Netflix, you're a video streaming service!

Re-reading through this thread (although skipping spoilers) it's bizarre to read how quickly this show went bad.

The first half is nothing but good things being said, then instantly a switch it flicked, and everyone saying, they shouldn't bother making a new series.

Sign in to follow this