NEurope
Nolan

Saints Row 3

Fair enough. I would be tired of him but I think with Brotherhood they made him older, developed his character and he became much more interesting. So I'm happy to see them push that even further. I've always said this but their aren't enough older protagonists in games. MGS4 did is probably the only other example.

It might have also help that I did hate Ezio in AC2.

I'd rather they carry on this story and leave AC3 for the next generation. Then we can have a full on change. Also we don't have to wait as long between these games. I'm not going to complain as long as they're good, fingers crossed for ACR.

GODAMMIT PEOPLE TELL ME WHERE TO GET MY CUFFLINKS

(I'd be 360 when I eventually got it btw @killer kirby)

I thought that was an aussie deal. Better sweet talk killer kirby.

Well, 360 version it is then, I never got to spend co-op on saints row 2, but very eager with this one though

Buy Saints Row: The Third on PS3, get SR2 free

Buy a copy of Saints Row: The Third on PlayStation 3 before 13th February and you can claim a complimentary download of Saints Row 2, THQ has announced.

The deal was announced earlier this week for customers in North America but the publisher has now confirmed it's good for Europe too.

To claim your copy, just enter the Online Pass code included with the game and access the download voucher, which can be redeemed from early next week.

The deal appears to be a make-up offering following the no-show of promised PS3-exclusive content in the finished retail release.

The Volition-developed sequel launched last week to measured Eurogamer acclaim, picking up a 7/10 in our Saints Row: The Third review.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-18-buy-saints-row-the-third-on-ps3-get-sr2-free

I've been playing it. It's fucking awesome. Pretty much what you expect. Some of it is hilarious. I'm not far into it. I've heard it's annoyingly short so I'm going to take my time.

Anyone up for co-op on the PS3?

I've been playing it. It's fucking awesome. Pretty much what you expect. Some of it is hilarious. I'm not far into it. I've heard it's annoyingly short so I'm going to take my time.

Anyone up for co-op on the PS3?

360 bro sorry :(

But I have finished the game (Main story, fuuuuck loads more to do, including wanting the 1000 gamerpoints) I don't think it's short, would think it's like number 2, 2 felt long cause you needed respect all the time to start a mission, in this game you don't need it.

I really like what they have done with the respect this time, it was one of the main annoying things with the 1st and 2nd one. Plus there are some side missions that I loved in 2 that are not in this one which makes me upset :(

Anyone up for co-op on the PS3?[/color]

I got the PS3 version. Just gimmie a buzz when you want a game.

Schweeeet! Tomorrow at like 6:30 I should be on. Sound good? You use a headset?

How does coop work? Does one of us join the other's game?

don't have a headset really should get one though. I guess you just invite them into your game or something

don't have a headset really should get one though. I guess you just invite them into your game or something

Cool, I'll be on at 6:30.

Where are you in the game? I just did the boxer dude's first mission, which is an insurance fraud.

Whoever's furthest back should send the invite, me thinks. Sound good?

Sounds fine to me

I finished the main story, i'm just doing the territory stuff and the like.

Holy crap is this game good. If the next GTA doesnt have combat atleast as good as this then I'll be pissed.

Funny as hell aswell. The auto tune dude cracks me up everytime he speaks.

Just completed the game. I enjoyed it but I think story was sacrificed a bit too much for wackiness personally. Too many times missions were too short or didnt even have a lead in. The only thing I would want GTA to take from this would be the way the cars drive.

What ending did people go for by the way?

I went and saved Shaundi (apparently not Viola I guess, despite the fact I was told she was there but then she was nowhere to be seen at the end! And then of course got the mission on Mars movie end.

Edited by Happenstance

Just completed the game. I enjoyed it but I think story was sacrificed a bit too much for wackiness personally. Too many times missions were too short or didnt even have a lead in. The only thing I would want GTA to take from this would be the way the cars drive.

What ending did people go for by the way?

I went and saved Shaundi (apparently not Viola I guess, despite the fact I was told she was there but then she was nowhere to be seen at the end! And then of course got the mission on Mars movie end.

Do you not think that this is intentional? I've always got the vibe that the franchise defintely puts zany over story and thats what differentiates it from GTA? I'm genuinely asking as that doesn't seem to be how you have been left feeling? Its like you were some what let down by the story which makes me think story was more than they made out but they have missed the mark in some way rather than story not being important? This is coming from someones experience with the franchise is just a few hours with Saints Row 2!

Well no I wasn't really expecting much from the story but as someone who tends to hold story over most other aspects of games I guess I just missed it. The game has got such high praise that I was probably just looking for more of a reason why I just liked instead of loved it.

Still though, I do think more work should have been done to connect events or explain why you are doing certain missions. I can't actually think of an example from the game off the top of my head. I just remember wondering a few times why I was doing things or what got me to this place.

Well no I wasn't really expecting much from the story but as someone who tends to hold story over most other aspects of games I guess I just missed it. The game has got such high praise that I was probably just looking for more of a reason why I just liked instead of loved it.

Still though, I do think more work should have been done to connect events or explain why you are doing certain missions. I can't actually think of an example from the game off the top of my head. I just remember wondering a few times why I was doing things or what got me to this place.

I get what you mean, its been the same with Saints Row 2.

I thought it made everything pretty explicit, tbh. It's hardly the most complicated plot.

Yes but with a few of the missions you are just thrown in with no phonecall or anything. It was actually mentioned on the Zero Punctuation review as well this week. It didnt happen with all the missions, I just remember thinking it a couple of times.

My only problem was the game's over exposure. I knew about all the crazy weapons and stuff. There were no surprises. I only saw the official trailers, too.

So just picked this up on 360 the other day as gamestation had it for a score. Liking being back into Saints Row! Sat down to play it for a bit and when I left it what I thought was an hour later, turned out to be four! Haven't done much story stuff yet, so can't comment on that, but I'm liking the new system of choosing upgrades and things. Also like how you have to find the next location for some activities. What's the online like? If anyone has it on 360 and wants to play online let me know, I'll probably renew my gold and join ye!

Hmm, decided to go with this instead of Zelda or Skyrim, and it's actually pretty good! Like GTA on steroids, very nice. Colour, funny dialogue, lots of shooting, taking over the city etc. Naturally, had to make one scantily-clad Hottie McHottiersson, very fun seeing her in the story cutscenes ; D Lots of stuff to collect and upgrade, awesome! Also great that they have all sorts of adult stuff in the game, open and over the top, right on! Game clock is 7.4h now, thus far pretty good! : )

Edited by Ville

Anyone have the 360 version want to do some co-op, couple of things I want to try out but need a buddy to see if it works :D