NEurope
Beast

Lady Gaga

I don't get the dots (unless I'm missing something...which is probably the matter).

It's just indicating that something was there, he just edited it out.

I think she's attractive.

but then I'm a attracted to weirdness. I love the sticking out points on her face. :)

New album is pretty cool, some good songs.

Half-way through I'm so stunned by the BEATS. These are sick.

I made a sex face/noises genuinely as a reaction to Scheiße's opening and beats. YES.?? ! Goes more normal later on, but until then, YES. fuck. Grace Jones is clapping in her grave, instead of turning in it.

I DOHN' SPEAK GEHRMAN BUT I CAN IF YOUH LIKKE

2zo8zh1.jpg

Government Hooker and Marry the Night (so 1992) too.

It's funny..she's got flak for all the singles so far (except Edge of Glory) but they really are the only "single"-esque songs.

---

After 2 listens initial thoughts-

Marry The Night - YES.

Born This Way - I enjoy this quite a lot now.

Government Hooker - I love.

Judas - Grown on me loads.

Americano - A joke to hear in my ears.

Hair - Better than I remember. Also meh.

Scheiße - YES.

Bloody Mary - Fine/I don't remember it.

Black Jesus † Amen Fashion - A joke. Conveys a runwau/fashion show well...I assume that's the intention...

Bad Kids - Remember bits, but yeah, Fine.

Fashion Of His Love - Bonus, but really cool.

Highway Unicorn - I can't remember it.

Heavy Metal Lover - I love. Sounds like something else (like most of her stuff).

Electric Chapel - I enjoy this a lot. A nice change of pace.

The Queen - Definition of bonus (it is a bonus track). Nothing wrong with it, but too similar to other, better ones on the album. Fine/ inessential in every way.

You And I - Good, sounds like Shania Twain though (but not Shania enough :p ) and quite...taxing to listen to.

The Edge Of Glory - Good/reasonably enjoyable.

The entire album is very LOUD and basically punches you to death as you listen to it. You and I is the "ballad" and that's saying something.

Edited by Paj!

I really don't understand why 'Fashion of his Love' is a bonus. Best track on the album.

Everywhere (well both HMV and Sainsbury's) have deals on it. Apparently it's an order from the powers that be so it goes to Number 1/sells a million copies.

Fashion Of His Love is very good yeah, definitely the only bonus track that doesn't have a bonus sheen to it. 80's/90's ftw.

She's captured elements of that sound (late 80's/early 90's) on this album, while not directly "copying" it, which I like.

After 1 listen and a reminder listen...

Marry The Night - meh

Born This Way - still not a fan

Government Hooker - not really liking

Judas - Love!

Americano - made me smile, but pretty aweful

Hair - actually quite like this

Scheiße - Verses > Chorus, but not really me

Bloody Mary - not liking at all

Bad Kids - not liking

Highway Unicorn - a possible grower

Heavy Metal Lover - not so much

Electric Chapel - Like

You And I - Enjoyed!

The Edge Of Glory - YES!

All the songs borrow so much from one another across the whole album, that it all gets a bit repetitive.

Glad I bought it for a cheap price, as really there are only maybe 5/6 songs for me on there.

Edited by Retro_Link

You're bad.

This is what I wanted from Gaga The Brand so long ago - not fucking Just Dance! :bowdown:

The best bits on this album remind me of my image of like...underground Berlin clubs where no one is allowed to speak, just to smoke and dance. The breakdown/"ew" bit in Judas, the "MAH HAAAIIRR" bits (i.e the only stunning bits) in Hair... yes. Take me to this imaginary club.

I need some Scheiße remixes. Now. It's not quite dirty enough. It needs more dirt. Screenshot2011-05-23at223112.png

For the record I hate Just Dance.

Seems she makes bad first single choices.

I hate that song as well! That's literally the only Lady Gaga song I genuinely dislike and has not grown on me.

Just Dance did grow on me, it's a perfectly fine dance pop song, and a lot better than it's equivalents recently in the charts. It's not, however, good enough, and that kinda song was what stopped me from liking her as much as I do now back when she first started. Felt too banal compared to what she looked like/talked about. Now all elements seem to be even in interest.

In a recent interview (you have to buy some supplement to fully read it, but it'll be online soon I'm sure) she's asked what she doesn't like about her work. She says she wouldn't skip any of The Fame Monster but dislikes Telephone for personal reasons, and she would skip Money Honey on The Fame (so would I...). Interesting. Nice to see someone be critical about their work (even a little).

---

Black Jesus † Amen Fashion is so bizarre. I love making Jesus black AND a runway model. Of course?

Edited by Paj!

Decided to slack off school/study to listen to the album.

I lurves it so much :blush:

Stand-outs are definitely Americano, Scheibe and Government Hooker. I found the first half to be much stronger. Then again, I was finding it difficult to keep concentration after thousands of hard beats.

Will need re-listening to get a better feeling of some songs. Love the Gregorian chanting/bells/organs.

I'm loving every feeling. Hair is the best thing in my life.

The Judas remix makes the classiest album into not the classiest album. I don't understand the need for its presence??

My CD came with a Born This Way remix. Ruins the feel, but then again I'm never going to listen to it/might delete it off iTunes.

And since Chair pointed out that Highway Unicorn (Road To Love) feels like a tribute to Robot Unicorn Attack, I can't not associate the two. Sounds like it's paying homage to Alway by Erasure (aka the RUA theme) slightly. Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions. :p

Ride ride pony ride ride

We can be strong we can be strong

Follow that unicorn!

On the road to love!

robot-unicorn-attack-game.jpg

Edited by Paj!

It's funny..she's got flak for all the singles so far (except Edge of Glory) but they really are the only "single"-esque songs.

Marry the Night sounds like a blatant single choice to me. It was almost the lead single, before the label changed their mind. Oh, and have you tried the Mugler Scheiße Mix? It's been around for months and months.

Even though Government Hooker and Scheiße are completely fantastic, the last minute and a half of Marry the Night is the most perfect part of the album.

Oh, and I originally heard the "I wish that I could dance on a single prayer" line in Scheiße as "I wish I could dance on a single bed". I much prefer the latter.

Edited by Slaggis

Dunno if it has already been said but took me ages to figure out the Judas guy was in Charmed for a couple of episodes!!

Thats me happy!

Have such a secret love for born this way its unreal. i dont tell anyone I know since well.. i give my friends grief for liking her other stuff lol

Marry the Night sounds like a blatant single choice to me. It was almost the lead single, before the label changed their mind. Oh, and have you tried the Mugler Scheiße Mix? It's been around for months and months.

Even though Government Hooker and Scheiße are completely fantastic, the last minute and a half of Marry the Night is the most perfect part of the album.

Oh, and I originally heard the "I wish that I could dance on a single prayer" line in Scheiße as "I wish I could dance on a single bed". I much prefer the latter.

Yeah I love Marry The Night. It is the most obvious single actually (after BTW and EOG), far more than Judas.

I heard the Scheiße remix but had to do something/got bored since it wasn't different enough. Or something.

I also thought it was 'on a single bed' too! That's more stunning.

I've just listened to the album for the first time - Fashion Of His Love is amazing!

I'm quite impressed by the album but I'll give it another listen before I give full judgement on it.

I also thought it was 'on a single bed' too! That's more stunning.

Wait, it's not "I wish that I could dance on a single bed"? When I heard that part, I thought it was that as well. I think I'd have prefered to live in bliss on not knowing the actual line...

Well, I have listened to the album twice so far, but will be giving my full opinion when heard it more.

So far, i'm in love. :love:

One I was previously undecided over that I now really enjoy - Highway Unicorn

One I appreciate more now, not sure if I love it though - Americano*

One that is still blah/nothing - Bad Kids

One that is bad/not good/ruins the feel - The Queen

*read a description on another forum of someone's reaction to this song, went something like;

I listen to this while eating tacos. It makes me want to pull on a big red skirt, put a flower in my hair and boil tomatoes.

:laughing:

I love so much. As a description. Volver wannabe.