NEurope
Beast

Lady Gaga

Lady-Gaga-Reveals-You-and-I-Cover-Art.jpg

I'm really loving this! It's the cover for her new single.

If she hit on me looking like this...I would. Very sexy.

Love the cover. Song is still "...". The Shania Twain production is a lol, but not actually very good.

The cover is better than the song.

Hmm I'm not sure... I mean it's awesome she can/does this (and so well)... but I don't warm to it.

And I like You and I :p

Sure it's not standout, but I enjoy it.

Video is okay. Amused me. Didn't realise it was her as a man for a bit. :)

tumblr_lq19nyayQ21qbdgk6o1_500.gif

Saw it on Tumblr but I guess they've been taken down as she is bringing it out now.

Edited by Coolness Bears

Better than Edge of Glory, shame since I think this'll flop and just generally not be as embraced as she might think. (relative to her other songs)

I like some of the images. Seems a bit chaotic though.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what's going on in some of the scenes tbh, but like it nonetheless.

I enjoy the corn field piano playing the most!

Tbf it is the 4th single off the album... so I wouldn't expect it to chart all that highly anyway (10-20 maybe)... but I doubt that matters to her at all. Plus pretty much anyone who would have bought this has the Album anyway so!

I'm not liking any of her newest songs, and they're not really appearing on the radio either.

I really enjoyed. I like how it's not really supposed to have any meaning, just a sequence of great things to look at. I actually really like the song too. It's like Edge Of Glory, but not bad -- it's probably my 4th favourite on the album (After Heavy Metal Lover, Judas and Marry The Night / it's really hard to order the album because I like all the tracks apart from Edge Of Glory.)

I recently fell so in love with Bad Kids and Highway Unicorn, after being "This is fine." before.

You and I is ok in a countrypopweallrememberShaniaTwain way, but I'm not swayed particularly.

I agree that there's a bit too much going on, so much so that i didn't take a lot of it in. I like the Bad Romance level of chaos, this is pushing it a bit. It also would have been much more powerful to me if it had been another song and not this, i find it hard to get excited about this track.

But i still really like it and of course it exceeds most pop videos, but cos it's Gaga the bar is set very high.

Such a delightful video! I wanna be just like Gaga with long, flat grey hair and run around a cornfield like a fairy. And make out with myself, obviously.

In agreement that the song isn't the greatest on the album.

I think Gaga has released a strange mix of songs from this album.

Personally i'd have scrapped Edge of Glory and You and I and released Fashion of His Love and Heavy Metal Lover.

Then Marry the Night :heh:

Much better song choices in my opinion. The last 2 were just not Gaga single standards (fantastic album tracks though).

Like vid, but too much going on as previously said.

Did anyone see Gaga on Alan Carr last week?

Was a really great interview... they did this funny cooking feature! :D

*This is the only Youtube video currently not taken down by Ch4 atm (making watch it on 4OD)... except everything in it is back to front*

Simply stunning!

No one else is doing anything even close to her right now, she's quite incredible, especially considering she produced and directed pretty much all that herself! Such a great vision! :heart:

Loved the music video part especially, but the rest adds so much more to developing the character and story.

Edited by Retro_Link

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. The first 8 minutes of that would have been unbearable if it wasn't so amusingly dire. It looks like she directed it (and I mean directed it in the loosest sense).

I thought the actual music video was great, though.

You know, it's funny that she promotes all the 'born this way' stuff and yet everyone in her videos can easily be considered beautiful according to conventional/industry standards.

I like Lady Gaga precisely because she spirals being abysmal and brilliant so easily. I love and hate what she does, but I know in her position I'd totally being trying out crazy stuff as well. I have nothing but respect for her.

I really like that song, it's probably the best i've heard from her.

I'm not a fan of her, but i don't dislike her or anything, just neutral.

It's a brilliant song. I really hope it puts the album onto peoples christmas list if they haven't already got it.

Coz there are even more amazing tracks that she could release from it, and hopefully will.

Great video too :hehe:

Have to say I've become a much greater fan of the song since she's started performing it live/and now with this video. It's just gone from strength to strength for me now, and it's quickly becoming a favourite.

So far, in terms of the singles:

Edge of Glory > Judas > Marry the Night > You and I > Born This Way

For the videos:

Marry the Night > Edge of Glory > Judas > You and I/Born This Way

Edited by Retro_Link

Didn't really like the video and only heard the song the night before for the first time. It seems pretty good though. It certainly was fun to dance to. Not put it on my iPod good but good nonetheless.

I still don't feel like her songs hold up to what she is trying to achieve visually. She has all this build up and then the song is just average. Marry The Night is one of the better songs on her album though. :)