NEurope
Beast

Lady Gaga

There are plenty of unattractive artists, but they attempt to look good instead of just covering up their faces.

Because people like things that are appealing.

Regardless, I'm not interested by her outfits just because they are deviant from the norm. And I agree with the article that says she would never have got this far only on singing talent as there are plenty of equally talented people out there that don't make it.

And I also think there is no meaning behind her "fashion", and that she just makes up things that look weird because they look weird.

Because people like things that are appealing.

Yes, no one likes her because she doesn't look appealing.

Oh, except for the 16 million people who bought her album. And the millions of others who illegally downloaded it.

Sit down.

I never said that. They might find her appealing. I don't.

But it's true, people like things they find appealing, it's where the Halo Effect comes from.

There is something that doesn't sit right with me.

Singers does not equate being a fashion model, film star, spokesperson etc. They sing and should be judged, primarily, by their voice. I'm glad Gaga isn't considered "sexy" by the majority of the public. It relieves some of the pressure that has been aggravated over the past 15 years or so to always look sexy.

If anything I admire her for that alone. She's not here to give us wet-dreams. She's here to sing some silly, catchy songs for our entertainment.

Plus I think it's good that she tries. While she doesn't always get it right she would never admit that and I like that. She's honest and is not afraid to be full of herself -- a nice break from all these "modest" stars. I like that she throws a few 4 syllable words and the like around too. She knows what she is about. Plus she's only 25 and already one of the biggest stars on the planet (achieved publicly in just 3/4 years). Let her make a few mistakes.

Popstars are generally beautiful because they are easier to sell to the public that way.

That is one thing I liked about GaGa regardless of her music - she's not "popstar beautiful", so she's carved out her own way of getting attention. She's got pointy stuff all over her face/she covers her face...that's interesting for such a huge popstar. Her music is in no way avant-garde, but the way she presents herself/what she represents is extremely positive. No she isn't this fantastic genius artist. Yes she dresses bizarrely for attention (duh, it's not like she'd be insulted if you said that to her!), YES all the stuff about "I'd die without my fans/music etc" is questionable. But it's all an act. She's a construct, but a self-made one. Not like Britney Spears or whatever.

Has there ever been as successful a female popstar on the planet who often makes themselves uglier than they need to be? That's something worthwhile. The female icons of the 20th century are generally all known for their beauty/looks as much as anything else. How cool to subvert that a little.

--- I have a current interest in this as I'm thinking of including her in my essay on subcultures they affected style and taste ---

Well, I didn't mean "modest" as a terrible thing. Probably just my bad writing. I did intend to get across that it's a breath of fresh air to have someone talk about their work and say "It's a fucking pop masterpiece". If anything -- it amuses me :)

I've also wanted to mention how she clearly has such a love for music and, it seems this way to me, really does want to make great music. She always has said that she writes a lot of own lyrics, helps produce the music etc.

Plus she has mentioned that in one of her songs on "Born This Way" there will be a 3 minute jam session of just a mariachi band. I'm pleased.

Diageo just added me on facebook...what is he planning?

20z7dyq.gif

Saw your comment on ReZ's facebook status and saw that ReZ referred to a Henry Fella as Paj, so I thought. I might as well.

Track listing for 'Born This Way' just released and coincides with a still of 'Judas' :)

289653652.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304363080&Signature=tG%2BFRw7lN69imHLWl3j%2BLpQVo58%3D

289663046.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304363150&Signature=Ad4UEYuf%2BazWtzF%2BgcL1LqE4NPY%3D

I like the sound of 'Hair' :D

Normal:

20110502-bu3g6hq84dh55yk49apkrmbbd1.png

Deluxe:

20110502-btde99pd21rx7dk9cmeeqngi4i.png

Lady Gaga - Sheibe (DJ White Shadow Mugler)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Marry The Night is a stunning track title.

Good opening as well.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I think my favorite thing about it is that it sounds like it could be an epic Phoenix Wright tune :indeed:

Marry The Night is a stunning track title.

I'm more interested in BLACK JESUS + AMEN FASHION

---

74vgp.jpg

tumblr_lkjt7sR8yd1qc7ufno1_500.jpg

I love. Suggesting she killed him. I love her look too - "You?! PLEASE. *stifles laugh*"

The upcoming video for Judas has reportedly cost $10 million.

tumblr_lkjz0haYcl1qi9uvho1_500.png

:p

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

I... I... don't even...

What the matter? It was a pretty normal music video and she looked very attractive in it.

It looked like a bunch of random crap, slightly related to the words in hope someone will find meaning in it. And I didn't think she looked attractive. She keeps going for the only bra, knickers and fishnets look which I don't think looks well on her. Specifically because she has no boobs whatsoever.

There is not a single thing I liked about the video. Millions for that? How...

I love it.

I do as well, I think this is my favourite music video that she has done. I'm actually starting to like the song the more I listen to it and she looks awesome in the video, I would and I'm not into girls her size. : peace: