NEurope
Stocka

Final Fantasy Official Thread

Well started tactics last night and am loving it so far, is a nice novel twist on the final fantasy franchise. Loved the setting up of this idyllic little world and the cutesy school yard banter and then to pulled away from that world was awesome.

Well started tactics last night and am loving it so far, is a nice novel twist on the final fantasy franchise. Loved the setting up of this idyllic little world and the cutesy school yard banter and then to pulled away from that world was awesome.

Yeah I love the whole School yard snowball fight at the start.

Glad to see you are enjoying it and just wait til you find out which units suit your style of play and then you will start really loving it.

Yeah I love the whole School yard snowball fight at the start.

Glad to see you are enjoying it and just wait til you find out which units suit your style of play and then you will start really loving it.

yeah I've only done a few missions and just can't wait to progress...

i'm addicted to Tactics Advance again and can't wait for number 2.

Trying to make amends for my many mistakes but might buy a 2nd version, not only to make up for them but to trade items.

well picked up a copy of IV for GBA (for £3) off ebay I know its coming out again as a DS game, but my new completism has struck so I might not play it really to be honest.

Yeah, same here. I bought Dawn of Souls even though I am going to buy the PSP games. I won't open the sealing on DoS.

What is the mission about?

you have to sneak in on your own past the guards. I use the speed gambit but always get spotted.

you have to sneak in on your own past the guards. I use the speed gambit but always get spotted.

The guards spotted me whatever I did so I just tried run from them. The first one you should be able to get pass unnoticed, from there just keep walking along the edge of the map until you are on the other side then run to the right behind the vieras. Forget the treasure chest. I had two guards and one viera after me when I reached the goal.

Just won me a brand new sealed version of FFIV for the GBA. Im trying to track down FFVI on the GBA but im having a nightmare finding it.

Just won me a brand new sealed version of FFIV for the GBA. Im trying to track down FFVI on the GBA but im having a nightmare finding it.

yeah VI seems to go for stupid prices online. I'm not willing to pay too much anyway.

I bought FFVI advance as soon as it came out in the US, got it for something like 11 quid on http://www.videogamesplus.ca. Brilliant site, even if the delivery is a little slow.

Edit: appears to be 22 quid or so now but still should be in stock: link

I bought FFVI advance as soon as it came out in the US, got it for something like 11 quid on http://www.videogamesplus.ca. Brilliant site, even if the delivery is a little slow.

Edit: appears to be 22 quid or so now but still should be in stock: link

Thanks for that but I dont like getting US GBA games if they have a release over here as I like my boxes to match, im extremely weird like that.

I have ordered a couple of GBA games from them before ( WarioWare Twisted and Drill Dozer due to them never getting a release over here ) and when they arrived the game boxes had been damaged during delivery. They give me a money off voucher for what happened but I never ordered GBA games off them again.

A bit off-topic, but the delivery time is the best I have ever experienced. I have only got one damaged game(psp), but Play-Asia is far worse, especially on GBA games.

Just got my FFXIIRW guide today. It's huge, 300 pages. Hopefully I will be able to beat that blasted judge now...

Yeah I still use VGP just not for GBA games.

Just won FFV on the GBA fully sealed today now all I need is the ever expensive FFVI and then im all set.

Just a quick question about FFXII on the DS. Do I have to have played the PS2 game to get whats going on as I really dont want to have to play through that.

Not at all. It's a direct sequel, but the DS game doesn't take place long time after the PS2 game, but the stories has very little to do with each other.

Not at all. It's a direct sequel, the DS gsme doesn't take place long time after the PS2 game, but the stories has very little to do with each other.

Glad to hear that. Cheers.

Thanks for that but I dont like getting US GBA games if they have a release over here as I like my boxes to match, im extremely weird like that.

I have ordered a couple of GBA games from them before ( WarioWare Twisted and Drill Dozer due to them never getting a release over here ) and when they arrived the game boxes had been damaged during delivery. They give me a money off voucher for what happened but I never ordered GBA games off them again.

This is the box-art displayed on most UK sites including Amazon and GAME, and they're usually right too:

51DfNxWWv5L._AA280_.jpg

I can tell you that the US version is exactly the same, only thing differing is that the Square-Enix symbol is slightly more centered across the bottom line, nintendo at the bottom far right and an ESRB rating to the left on the bottom. Just a re-arrangement that's hardly noticeable.

Also the string of text at the top of the box isn't there, a good thing IMO. So really there's nothing to say it's the US version (unlike many FF games, where the US equivalents are dotted with pictures).

Yeah I know but the side of the box is completely different to the EU ones. Most US GBA boxes are blank on the side well apart from the colour of the main box but the EU one has like some writing on it or something so its a definite no no. Told you I was weird :)

This is the box-art displayed on most UK sites including Amazon and GAME, and they're usually right too:

51DfNxWWv5L._AA280_.jpg

I can tell you that the US version is exactly the same, only thing differing is that the Square-Enix symbol is slightly more centered across the bottom line, nintendo at the bottom far right and an ESRB rating to the left on the bottom. Just a re-arrangement that's hardly noticeable.

Also the string of text at the top of the box isn't there, a good thing IMO. So really there's nothing to say it's the US version (unlike many FF games, where the US equivalents are dotted with pictures).

The NA/US games also have "only for" logo on the upper left. Personally, I prefer NA games over PAL, especially PS games.

The guide didn't help me though. I think I have to powerlevel. But I'm happy with it anyway, it looks awesome.

The NA/US games also have "only for" logo on the upper left. Personally, I prefer NA games over PAL, especially PS games.

The guide didn't help me though. I think I have to powerlevel. But I'm happy with it anyway, it looks awesome.

Yeh I've noticed that but it's tiny. As for the side of the box, there is the "Final Fantasy VI" logo. This will probably be the same as the PAL version since the background would be white on either one because the box colour is white. It won't differ on the side, don't turn down the US version from sillyness! There's no difference in boxes really!

well my ff IV turned up today, convinced it is fake...came in an envelope with the box all folded up, having clearly always been in this state not just for packing, the box also just doesn't look real..I'm pretty sure its not even the right boxart and the quality is awful. Also the cart is the wrong colour!

well my ff IV turned up today, convinced it is fake...came in an envelope with the box all folded up, having clearly always been in this state not just for packing, the box also just doesn't look real..I'm pretty sure its not even the right boxart and the quality is awful. Also the cart is the wrong colour!

Unlucky mate it does indeed sound fake. You have to be careful on ebay when it comes to GBA games. I personally only buy them if they have a pic of them with the Nintendo seal still intact. If they say they ship the games flat then they usually are dodgey.

In other news my sealed copy of FFV arrived to day :)