NEurope
Slaggis

Rihanna

I really didn't consider myself a fan particularly, until Loud was released. I'm just in love with the album. It's just completely, unashamedly pop.

So many colours. I'm in love.

Love her, I think she's great! I love how self assured and confident she's become in herself since her break-up, where's she's just gone from strength to strength and now isn't affriad to flaunt her off the chart sex appeal. She knows exactly who she is. Much respect!

I was actually thinking of starting a thread aswell, but just saying I hope we don't get Rihanna overkill soon. Rightfully she's done numerous collaborations, but lately it feels like everyones latching on to her success, by everyone releaseing them instead of keeping them as album tracks...

A couple of months back there was David Guetta, and Eminem, now she's on Kanye West's latest (she totally makes that song btw, his part is fail!) and I think the next Nicki Minaj song...

Edited by Retro_Link

Love The Way You Lie: Part II is brilliant. Hearing both parts back-to-back is even better! I haven't heard Loud yet but I may give it a listen at some point.

Is Loud that good? I haven't bought it yet because I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Is Loud that good? I haven't bought it yet because I'm not sure if it's worth it.
Wait until after The Brits, when Brit nominated Artists/Albums are usually £2.99 on Amazon and the like.

Loud is much better than all her other albums. (I say this even with an irrational love for Rated R.)

Rihanna is one of the best chart pop stars we have.

Loud is her best album.

Her first two are nothing (I have the singles and purposely don't have the album tracks). Good Girl Gone Bad, Rated R and Loud are all excellent pop/r'n'b albums. Brilliant, effervescent tunes. And Rated R is a nice dose of darkness.

But yeah Loud is the one album of hers you shouldn't hesitate to buy.

EDIT: The S&M video just confirmed my suspicions that Rihanna was indeed a QueenOfLife. Brill. So 90's.

Edited by Paj!

Fairly similar to most people. Disliked her a lot before but I can't help but love her new album.

On the way to go see the Black Swan my cousin was playing Loud in the car. I actually loved it. Red hair makes her 1000000000+ times better too :D

Her interviews are a bitch though. Painful to watch :\

Her interviews are a bitch though. Painful to watch :\
Why do you think that?

I've seen her interviewed on Jonathon Ross, Graham Norton, and always thought she was amazing! Really funny, can take a joke/get involved in jokes, hot, and it's great hearing her accent... which I'm also glad she embraces in her singing.

I adore Rated R, but i'm having trouble liking Loud as much, apart from the first two singles, which are brilliant pop music. I don't know if it's because i've not listened to it thoroughly, but there seem to be a lot of fillers on it. And S&M just isn't that great of a song, imo. There are better songs on Rated R that didn't even make singles (Photographs)!

As a pop star overall though, she's fantastic! She's broken out of the generic mould she was once in, and she never fails to be interesting to watch. If one of her music vids is on, i have trouble looking away. And usually the songs match up (except S&M).

Her and Lady Gaga are the best popstars in the world right now.

Rihanna's new stuff is really, really good. It's that type of music which all my friends enjoys, which is quite something as we generally like very different music.

I love "What's My Name" and "Only Girl (In The World".

I adore Rated R, but i'm having trouble liking Loud as much, apart from the first two singles, which are brilliant pop music. I don't know if it's because i've not listened to it thoroughly, but there seem to be a lot of fillers on it. And S&M just isn't that great of a song, imo. There are better songs on Rated R that didn't even make singles (Photographs)!

As a pop star overall though, she's fantastic! She's broken out of the generic mould she was once in, and she never fails to be interesting to watch. If one of her music vids is on, i have trouble looking away. And usually the songs match up (except S&M).

Her and Lady Gaga are the best popstars in the world right now.

S&M is :bowdown:

I won't hear a word against it. :p

Rated R's flaws/cringey lyrics and stuff just shine though more obviously now we have the concise, precise Loud. I still like it a lot though. Photographs seems to be the most hated song on it by fans, but I wuite like it. Even if it is typical Will.I.Am. But yeah some brilliant non-single songs on there (same on Loud though imo).

S&M is :bowdown:

I won't hear a word against it. :p

Rated R's flaws/cringey lyrics and stuff just shine though more obviously now we have the concise, precise Loud. I still like it a lot though. Photographs seems to be the most hated song on it by fans, but I wuite like it. Even if it is typical Will.I.Am. But yeah some brilliant non-single songs on there (same on Loud though imo).

S&M. I just don't get it! Song is meh.

I dunno, i find that California King Bed one reeeeally cringy, everytime i hear it. I can't remember anything on Rated R making me cringe that bad.

Omg, really?? I didn't realise people disliked Photographs, the very concept does not compute! :nono:

California King Bed would be cheesy (and it's my least fave) but it's pulled off so well, it's fine.

Stupid In Love is a very clumsy, and ones like Wait Your Turn (which I really like) come off a bit clunky. And while I enjoy Rockstar 101...it comes off as a bit "...really?" - LUCKILY she delivers it well.

Loud is such a great like...culmination of the past 5 albums. The Bajan influence and pronounciation (which she should have really) from her earlier albums back in brill songs like Raining Men and Man Down, the darkness of Rated R on Skin...it's very well rounded.

S&M is great, I just love how she sings:

I may be bad but I'm perfectly good at it

Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it

Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me

It's quite hot, haha. Rihanna is just hot altogether, I think she's awesome.

I think the video is fantastic, and hope more fun, old-fashioned videos like this are made. Most vids now are just adverts for products that are paying to be featured, slow-mo shots and inspid love scenes.

This wears it's influences on it's

, but they're good influences so it's fine.

EDIT:

And now the inevitablhy controversy has started:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1657144/rihanna-s-m-video-banned.jhtml

tldr; Banned in 11 countries, flagged as over-18 only on Youtube, radio stations not playing the song before 7pm etc. :rolleyes:

The singer herself is responding to the reaction and YouTube's decision to include a parental warning on the video, tweeting, "U can now view the S&M video on Rihannanow.com UNFLAGGED!!!" Also tweeting, "They watched Umbrella ... I was full nude."
Edited by Paj!

The gorgeous video for CKB... (so far just the next single for the US)

She looks incredible!

I love the colours that she's used across this albums videos/artwork! So stunning!

I swear that top is slightly see-through though at times... hope she doesn't have another problem with one of her videos being shown.

I didn't like her at first but boy has she improved over the last few years! Love S&M!

I'm much more excited for the upcoming 'Man Down' video. Absolutely love the song.

Yeah looking forward to seeing that too, but hopefully it will sell me on the song a bit more, as I can't say I'm really a fan of that one.

Edited by Retro_Link

I didn't like her at first but boy has she improved over the last few years! Love S&M!

..for me, she get's more annoying as the years go by and part of me hates that everyone seems to think she's brilliant :heh:

She is getting better and better, phakt. You don't have to like her/it. :p

Sticks and stones may break her bones but chains and whips excite her?

Then she moans when Chris Brown slaps here? Double standards me thinks....

Just kidding, dont hate me!

She is so incredibily <3