NEurope
Slaggis

Rihanna

Oh my god, i knew i shouldn't have watched that. It's too literal for this sublime song. I liked not knowing what went on, this is too storyboarded. It feels like they shoehorned the rape scene in so that there was a nice clearcut reason why RiRi pulled out the bad gun. Meanwhile the song on it's own was a mystery, and felt almost otherwordly.

It's well shot and edited, but i want to stick to listening to the song and interpreting it in my own way.

Such a good song. This video will be censored/heavily re-edited for mainstream TV I think... :o

Ok video, but yeah, wasn't expecting them to go literal with it.

We Found Love from her upcoming 6th album (!), Talk the Talk, is out/about to be out.

I enjoy. It's very much a 'here's a dance beat with some words on top', but nice enough. I love how it feels like she's singing through a tunnel or something. Sounds strange.

I hope the whole album isn't just like this though.

No YT links, but it's on Spotify now.

Saw a thing in the newspaper the other day - she took the tube to one of her concerts!

6216777898_74676ff5a1.jpg

Cool points from me right there!

We Found Love had to be rush out for early release mid-week last week, because some dickhead made a cover version, passing it off as the original, and it actually entered the mid-week chart at something like No.27!!

Hopefully the real version charts really well this Sunday, although I personally don't think it's the best song... a bit repetitive... Calvin Harris can produce better!

:o

Rihanna Voted Sexiest Woman Alive by Esquire

And they illustrate this by an ugly image which looks like it's been Photoshopped? "Stunning".

She deserves better.

WTF Imageshack!

And they illustrate this by an ugly image which looks like it's been Photoshopped? "Stunning".

She deserves better.

Yeah it's not the best photoshoot... there are some better pics than the front cover though... *maybe*...

esquire5.jpg

esquire7.jpg

So a lot of people here will have bought/listened to/stolen her new album - thoughts?

RIHANNA-TALK-THAT-TALK.jpg

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed! Which is a shame. The first few tracks are awesome, and We Found Love is one of the best pop songs this year definitely. The second half the album falls flat for me. It's too samey, VERY filler.

Birthday Cake is bizarre...why is it so short, without being complete? It's not like an obviously short song/interlude, it sounds like a normal length track that fades out after she swears in the verse.

Cockiness' amusing lyrics don't have the same fun as things like S&M did, either.

It's not BAD, but it's not really a step up after the excellent and all-round solid Loud, either. Feels rushed and very slight.

Best tracks are You Da One, We Found Love and Where Have You Been.

Drunk On Love should be better considering it samples The Xx.

And there's a brief moment of a stunning piano jaunt on Farewell that is so much more interesting than the generic beat going through it otherwise.

---

Rihanna will have a greatest hits collection to end them all, srsly. Can you imagine?

Pon De Replay

SOS

Unfaithful

Break It Off

Umbrella

Don't Stop The Music

Shut Up And Drive

Hate That I Love You (ft. Neyo)

Take A Bow

Disturbia

Hard

Russian Roulette

Te Amo

Rude Boy

S&M

What's My Name?

Only Girl (In The World)

Cheers (Drink To That)

California King Bed

We Found Love

And that's excluding great songs that weren't big enough hits, like Man Down and Rehab, and all her popular collaborations like Love The Way You Lie.

Edited by Paj!

Funny you should mention a greatest hits - I said the exact same thing to my dad (of all people ha) last night.

He mentioned that she always seems to be on the TV or radio with new music. This is true so I said she has had like 6 albums in the last 6 years which would make a cracking greatest hits for next years annual release! :p

I bought the deluxe edition of Talk That Talk.

I do really like the album.

Her greatest album IMO will always be Rated R - and she has a big task to top it. She hasn't done it with TTT, though.

Obviously We Found Love is amazing. It is probably the biggest and one of the best songs of the year so far - and will not be bettered now.

It's funny as it's quite a simple song, but the production makes it. Couple it with that video and you have yourself the single of the year. :D

My favourite track from TTT is probably Watch n' Learn. This track is Rihanna for me. It's sexy, it's catchy and I love the way she sings it in her Barbadian twang. You also know she isn't lying when she says she will 'do do it on the bed, on the floor, on the couch' - she'd do it anywhere damn it! And I love her for it :p

@Paj\! Birthday Cake is so short because I believe it is going to be released as a full track at some point later on. It's like we're only getting a small slice before she unleashes the whole cake ha.

The 'ballads' on this album are not as memorable as others from past albums. There is sadly no 'Fire Bomb' or 'California King Bed' here - though I do like 'Farewell' and 'We All Want Love'. I just don't LOVE them.

'Where Have You Been' is massive. I love it. If it is not the next single I will be :angry:.

Have to say, the bonus tracks on the deluxe edition are not brilliant. They're ok, but probably not worth buying the deluxe edition for.

Overall I am impressed with the album - it is definitely a solid album but it doesn't blow me away. Like I said before, Rated R is the best Rihanna album ever and this falls short as there is quite a bit of filler. It's not normally what I expect from a Rihanna album. Thankfully the filler is still pretty good.

Needless to say the album will sell by the truck load - partly coz its Rihanna - and partly coz of 'We Found Love'. But you can bet your life that the people who buy it coz of 'We Found Love' will be very disappointed to not find more tracks like it.

Edited by Aneres11

F

@Paj\! Birthday Cake is so short because I believe it is going to be released as a full track at some point later on. It's like we're only getting a small slice before she unleashes the whole cake ha.

I hate that. I heard fans asked the producer/s on twitter and they said a long version would come out but...that's just shit.

It makes TTT feel even more *shrug*, like it's just what was done at the time, rather than what is the best she and her team can do.

sam1871a.jpg

I had THE best time at the concert last night!! :D

She was AMAZING!!!

She was on for 2 hours! which was great and gave us all lots of love!

She sang all her singles so far (apart from Te Amo and Russian Roulette), plus other album tracks and a few of her collaborations... Run This Town, Live Your Life. Just non-stop great song after great song!

She didn't do any of the new album other than We Found Love, but that was ok because I had the album on repeat in the car there and back! :p

She finished with Take A Bow,

And then came back on for an encore of Love The Way You Lie, Umbrella and finished the concert with We Found Love! :D

Really didn't want it to end and I'm sad it's over today, it was such a great night!!

Love her!! :heart:

Edited by Retro_Link

sam1871a.jpg

I had THE best time at the concert last night!! :D

She was AMAZING!!!

She was on for 2 hours! which was great and gave us all lots of love!

She sang all her singles so far (apart from Te Amo and Russian Roulette), plus other album tracks and a few of her collaborations... Run This Town, Live Your Life. Just non-stop great song after great song!

She didn't do any of the new album other than We Found Love, but that was ok because I had the album on repeat in the car there and back! :p

She finished with Take A Bow,

And then came back on for an encore of Love The Way You Lie, Umbrella and finished the concert with We Found Love! :D

Really didn't want it to end and I'm sad it's over today, it was such a great night!!

Love her!! :heart:

We Found Love in an arena must have been the most euphoric thing. I would have been screaming and crying the lyrics. Just because I could.

Rihanna is losing her 'cool factor' and me...eurgh at her taking back Chris Brown and then collaborating with him. I'm a big supporter of a celebrity's right to a private life and doing what they want rather than what is expected but...no.

She just needs to release Where Have You Been and Farewell and move on - I'm so over this era already.

But surely her staring role in a Michael Bay movie will bring your love back?

She's so cool and beautiful. Is it just me or did she sound alot more Bajan that usual. :p

I've never really noticed it that much in her voice.

I must attempt to listen to more of this lady's songs. All I've really got to go by are Umbrella and We Found Love, which both endeavour to just be fucking annoying and repetitive. There may be more songs of hers I've heard but I have trouble telling the difference between the majority of female singers on the radio since they now sound all the same.

But I'm still keeping an open mind.

She's so cool and beautiful. Is it just me or did she sound alot more Bajan that usual. :p

I've never really noticed it that much in her voice.

Yeah she's always pretty full on with it, which is partly why I always really look forward to her interviews! :D

I love her accent, and that she doesn't try and hide it at all. First really noticed it last time she was on Jonathan Ross a couple years ago I think.

She was great yesterday, like you say, great how fun and easygoing she always is.

I must attempt to listen to more of this lady's songs.
Mission accepted.

Having been listening to her latest album a lot again lately, I recently posted three of my favourite songs in the 'What Songs Are You Currently In Too' thread. Go listen to those and report back! :heh:

Edited by Retro_Link

Just listen to Rated R.

You will then be in love. If you're not then ... :confused:

It's an amazing album and you will not expect that kind of material from her if your only musical knowledge of her includes Umbrella and We Found Love.

220px-Rihanna_Rated_R.jpg