NEurope
Slaggis

Rihanna

Here's hopin!

I'd love another Rated R feel album. Less dance!

Excited for Diamonds though!

I've heard clips for all of Unapologetic.

My body is so much more ready.

So I got Unapologetic last Saturday (pre-order came early).

Got to say - she just does not disappoint. *Taylor Swift voice* "Like Ever".

The album is fucking great.

The thing with Rihanna is, she just never seems to get it wrong. And for someone who doesn't have an *amazing* voice, she does so so well.

She knows what she's good at and she sticks to it.

I was really sceptical to hear she was releasing another album this year for her 7th in a row - but I needn't have been.

I'll try and do a track by track as I feel it deserves this!

1. Phresh Out The Runway: Not my fave. It isn't the strongest album opener and to me it just doesn't go anywhere. It does kinda set the tone for the album nicely though, so it definitely serves its purpose!

2. Diamonds: We all know it now - and it is a great song. It isn't my favourite single of hers but I do still really really like it. I like how she tries to sing the song like Sia (writer of Diamonds) as it gives her a more mature sound which suits the song brilliantly. Disappointing video too after We Found Love last year!

3. Numb (feat Eminem): I absolutely love this. What I like most is that it's not trying to be anything like their past collab which is the best thing to do after how huge that was. For a chorus that's just repeated and should be incredibly annoying it's actually the complete opposite. I also really like Eminem's part of this song too - and I generally don't enjoy listening to him. Winner

4. Pour it Up: Sounds like it was taken straight from Rated R. It's dark, edgy and demands attention. Rihanna almost chants the verses which generally just talk about her masses of money haha.

5. Loveeeeee Song (feat Future): A more chilled back song / collab. Lots of collabs on this album which worried me at first - but no need! All great.

This one sees Rihanna taking more of a back seat as it's all about this Future dude. But Rihanna's verses are what stick in my head strangely - not so much the chorus. Particularly the "Don't slip, don't slip, coz a n***** might push up on it" part.

6. Jump: TRACK OF THE ALBUM. I love this. Chorus builds to an insane beat that builds up and up as the song goes on. "Jump jump jump on it".

Another Rated R sounding track. I can't stop listening!

7. Right Now (feat David Guetta): Surely a single? The most radio friendly track on the album and reminds me a little bit of S&M. Definitely on trend too this one and will easily fill club floors everywhere. A typical Rihanna banger.

8. What Now: Big up lifting ballad. I personally prefer the verses to the chorus. They're a bit much for me but I do really like the track. This is where the album starts to change a little bit now from pretty dark to slightly more mellow.

9. Stay (feat Mikky Ekko): Love this. Voices work perfectly together. Piano driven and stripped back. Not really a Rihanna song in general but she sings it beautifully. As does Mikky Ekko - whoever the dude is! One of my faves.

10. Nobody's Business (feat woman beater... sorry Chris Brown): Whatever they do is their business. Ha. Up there as one of the best songs on the album. Got to be a single. It's a great way to get their message across too and what better way than in a cracking song that's totally addictive?!

11. Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary: Kinda wish LWT would go on a bit longer. I love it. Mother Mary comes in slightly too soon for my liking - but both songs (though classed as one) are a great continuation and make for an interesting listen. Not sure why they were pushed together as they could be great alone, but hey ho! Really good song(s).

12. Get It Over With: Weakest track for me. Not bad. Just goes on really - which is kinda funny given the title. Ha. It's just all a bit dreary and doesn't go anywhere.

13: No Love Allowed: Man Down part 2! Just not as good / explosive. But great on its own merit. I really really like this song though. "I'm screaming murderer, how could you murder us?! No love allowed...".

It gets stuck in your head!

14. Lost in Paradise: Again, great song. Nice big chorus. Not particularly rememberable compared to some of the other songs on here but a great track to remember when you get to it ha.

15. Half of Me: Lot of people saying one of her best songs. It's ok. It's a great album closer. It's not my personal fave but it's still good. It almost feels slightly out of place on this album compared with the sound of the other songs. Like it should have been on Loud.

So there we have it.

I LOVE this album. It comes very close to Rated R for me (which is my personal fave).

If Rihanna continues like this then she will be consistently on the radio / in the charts. Some may think that's a bad thing, but when she is making great music like this then it's only good in my opinion. It gives the others a kick up the arse that they can't just release whatever happens to be on trend at the time and expect it to sell. Cough Christina.

Rihanna is different to artists like that as her albums are almost a continuation. Why do a greatest hits when you can have a 'continuation of hits'?!

If Rihanna took a break now and came back in 2 years with something new - it would automatically be compared/ judged to her previous efforts. As of yet, the album a year just continues where she leaves off last so don't ruin the formula. She doesn't raise the bar and strangely, that's what's so good about her. Instead she just keeps clearing it time after time. And I love that. Keep it going Rihanna!

Haven't listened yet, but glad and relieved that you think it's great.

More excited now. :)