N-Europe

Tales of Graces F

heroicjanitor

Grainger Games at the Metro had it in stock for £45 yesterday, but only for 2 hours. I seen it, went to the flicks, decided to pick it up after the movie and then went back only to find they had sold out.

Oh, I was at a Grainger Games today, didn't think to look for it. I would probably buy it if I saw it.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What difficulty did you start on?

Noticed you have Ar Tonelico. Didn't know the game had two fans :D

Having a great time myself. The game may have the best use of titles and battle system in the series. Probably wins the prize for best end battle banters too.

What difficulty did you start on?

I started on moderate, had a little more courage than some but not much. ;p

Noticed you have Ar Tonelico. Didn't know the game had two fans :D
True enough, I did enjoy Ar Tonelico Qoga, Tyria FTW! :D however trophies wise I hate it, damn Saki's cosmosphere conditions halting my platinum trophy progress. *sulk*

Having a great time myself. The game may have the best use of titles and battle system in the series. Probably wins the prize for best end battle banters too.
I agree, earning skills and such before felt too random for my taste, much better system. Battle system still sometimes confuses me, getting surrounded by Boars that fucked Asbel right up.

I absolutely love Sophie, shes so cute and innocent but when it comes down too it she is pretty kickass as well.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I started on moderate, had a little more courage than some but not much. ;p

Me too. I was afraid you would say you lost on normal :p I picked moderate for the trophy since normal doesn't offer any, but it was a good decision diffficulty wise. Normal would probably be too easy. Have died a few times myself in boss battles, but not Richard I think.

True enough, I did enjoy Ar Tonelico Qoga, Tyria FTW! :D however trophies wise I hate it, damn Saki's cosmosphere conditions halting my platinum trophy progress. *sulk*

Heard that one was a bitch, I guess I got lucky with the guide. Did you use a guide? You probably would have to start over anyway I guess. Also, Finnel > Tyria ;)

Another thing, I like the magna carta cards, even though they don't have much use. Already got Sheena from ToS among others and is searching high and low for my beloved Tear.

Me too. I was afraid you would say you lost on normal :p I picked moderate for the trophy since normal doesn't offer any, but it was a good decision diffficulty wise. Normal would probably be too easy. Have died a few times myself in boss battles, but not Richard I think.

If you didn't die at least once against Richard, maybe you should have turned the difficulty up a notch, his combo tree is brutal to come up against. Then when he uses his mystic arte some 5 times which almost guaranteed the character getting ko'd.

Heard that one was a bitch, I guess I got lucky with the guide. Did you use a guide? You probably would have to start over anyway I guess. Also, Finnel > Tyria ;)
Yes, I started over, but I took a break, was losing too much patience because i was unlocking a few more endings. Finnel is pretty awesome too, Saki just isn't that interesting as the other two.

Another thing, I like the magna carta cards, even though they don't have much use. Already got Sheena from ToS among others and is searching high and low for my beloved Tear.

I think I got Tear actually, can't remember for definite since I can't see the cards I collected so far, I found a guy who said he'd show me how to play the game when I found 10 cards, must have 8 right now.

I only just spotted this thread now.... and by that only finidng out about the gobal release of this now.... WTF Namco? Why is the PS3 port getting a global release but the original Wii version is stuck in Japan?

If I spot a copy I might try borrow my cousins PS3 :heh:

The cards are in your key item section.

Ah, cheers for that. I don't have Tear after all btw. ;p

I only just spotted this thread now.... and by that only finidng out about the gobal release of this now.... WTF Namco? Why is the PS3 port getting a global release but the original Wii version is stuck in Japan?

If I spot a copy I might try borrow my cousins PS3

I believe it's because F is PS3 exclusive. I do believe they don't think there would be any profit brining the Wii version over as well and you know some fans will complain of the lack of the F after story.

After struggling at the Strahta Cryes boss fight I have taken to the strategy option for the first time and done some tweaking. Battles seem to be going better now but a boss fight will determine if it has made any improvement.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I saw this last week in Grainger Games while back in Altrincham to see my family and did a double take. Seemed weird as it was the only import game they were selling, at least that I could see.

But yeah, no rush. Glad they're bringing it to Europe and I have a preorder down with ShopTo. Still can't quite gauge this game - can I just ask, because this is a port of a Wii game does it have slightly gimped graphics? I really liked Eternal Sonata which looked lovely in HD, so it'd be a plus if there was a good HD transition with this.

I saw this last week in Grainger Games while back in Altrincham to see my family and did a double take. Seemed weird as it was the only import game they were selling, at least that I could see.

But yeah, no rush. Glad they're bringing it to Europe and I have a preorder down with ShopTo. Still can't quite gauge this game - can I just ask, because this is a port of a Wii game does it have slightly gimped graphics? I really liked Eternal Sonata which looked lovely in HD, so it'd be a plus if there was a good HD transition with this.

It doesn't look too bad, but it's not exactly going to make you think it looks amazing, I mean if you watched the Gametrailers review you'll know what to expect.

I really am enjoying it greatly now though, Started chapter 5.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Noticed Grainger Games have put the price up to £49, glad I picked it up last week, £50 is pushing it a bit.

Damn right, I almost went spare at them yesterday for that. I ordered it from them (which they got from another store) for £45, pricey, but for an impatient import I'm accepting it.

Took a few FIFA games my uncle gave me which were never going to be played by me, they said they can knock off £3 to make it £46, my words "You what?" and explained it was "sold" to me at £45, which they relented on and I paid £42.

211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

Done the boss fight at Fendel's Valkynes Cryes, but the boss was brutal, had to retry a few times and even with an all divide it was dealing massive damage with a certain combo attack. Life bottles are a precious commodity in this game.

Had big problems with that one myself. Died three times before I won on my fourth try. Still hasn't used any all divides and hour glass, need those to get high combos.

Have started on chapter 7.

Technically started this last night. I got up to the bit where they find that chick sleeping in the flowers before I turned it off. I know, all of around 3 minutes.

I'm trying to keep the PS3 an actual birthday present for me so resisting almost until next week.

Until then I can start pimpsmacking in Alice - Madness Returns.

But I'm loving the crisp toony shizzle look. I'm hoping this will be a nice sexy game.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for those who have played more than the 30 minutes I have: are you finding the controls for directional Artes unresponsive? by this I mean I'm trying to use the up/down & X Arte (At the moment Bell Ringer) and it only registers it occasionally. I'm curious as to whether it's a common feature or just my controller.