NEurope
LegoMan1031

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Multiple websites are reporting that the Offical Playstation Magazine UK has stated that one of their 'insiders' informed them that it is on the 'facelift' list to go in line with other collections such as God of War and Prince of Persia.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-21-metal-gear-solid-next-for-hd-revamp

So does anyone on here want this?

I for one am very excited about this prospect, playing them again in HD would be AMAZING.

I thought the rumour was that it's just another "Collection" trilogy like PoP, Team ICO, God of War, etc?

Any lingering desire to get a 3DS would be gone if this were true. I love Snake Eater so much.

I thought the rumour was that it's just another "Collection" trilogy like PoP, Team ICO, God of War, etc?

Yeah, maybe remake was the wrong word for me to use.

More of an 'HD update'.

Any lingering desire to get a 3DS would be gone if this were true. I love Snake Eater so much.

I would still desire a 3DS, but much less. Snake Eater truly is one of the best games ever, the only thing a portable version would have in advantage would being able to play it on the go...but honestly I don't really play handhelds out of home.

I already have decided to get a PS3 for Ico/SotC, but this being true will just solidify the decision that much more.

Length of cutscene pretty much kills me wanting to pkay this on the go. I swear the ending - as in the cutscenes that surround the last boss fight, too - last about three hours.

I cant even remember much from 2 and 3, which just makes me even more excited with the idea of playing them again!!!!

A collection would be a worth a purchase from me just to play the Subsistence version of Snake Eater; I've only played the original release.

If this does happen I suppose it will include Twin Snakes. As far as I know Nintendo have no hold over it but it's still a potential sticking point.

I don't expect Twin Snakes but would love it. Looked ace and I've played the original too many times.

Length of cutscene pretty much kills me wanting to pkay this on the go. I swear the ending - as in the cutscenes that surround the last boss fight, too - last about three hours.

That's something I'd actually like more on the 3DS, if something comes up I can just close it and the game sleeps. This is most useful for games with unskippable/unpauseable cutscenes, or cutscenes that can be skipped but not paused.

Though those are luckily becoming less common.

I love Snake Eater so much.

Snake Eater truly is one of the best games ever.

Good answers!

For me it's still the best of the series and I would jump at the chance to play through it again in HD.

I wouldn't mind them, but they still havn't released a ps2 store for the PSN so I doubt they'll make them just yet.

I wouldn't mind them, but they still havn't released a ps2 store for the PSN so I doubt they'll make them just yet.

Hmm, im not sure, the other collections seemed to appear quite quick but i suppose we will just have to wait and see.

I really hope it's true!!

This has been announced! Sort of.

It's actually MGS2, MGS3 and Peace Walker, updated for both the PS3 and 360. There will be Trophies/Achievements, tweaked controls, remixed audio and some redrawn art; presumably that's in relation to UI elements, although texture filtering is probably better.

It'll be out this November, completely undermining the 3DS version of Snake Eater in the process. Smooth.

Yes I'd buy it never finished 2 and never played 3. Actually own them both as got them cheap but never owned a PS2

I knew putting off playing anything past The Twin Snakes would pay off eventually.

Why no twin snakes in this? Disapointed :( (I'm guessing it has something to do with Silicon Knights having involvement in creating twin snakes)

I will buy this anyway so i can replay 2 and 3 and i have never played Peach Walker.

How come it is coming out on the 360 as well? I thought MGS was Sony's baby. Now i don't know which console to buy it on...

Edited by Mike1988uk
Changed my mind from probably buying 2 i will buy!!

Pretty psyched about this, been holding off playing MGS2 for no adequate reason, can now buy it for the third time :Þ (Xbox version not compatible with the 360).

Zone of the enders collection is also pretty awesome.

A bit worried about the Silent Hill collection not being on the 360, was not a part of the announcement in Konami's pre-e3 conference.

Edited by Mundi

How come it is coming out on the 360 as well? I thought MGS was Sony's baby.

If it's Sony's baby, Konami has some explaining to do about The Twin Snakes.

Peach Walker sounds delicious, though. :hehe:

Boxarts:

QDyGk.jpg

IJTo7.jpg

Fuck me....

that looks so tidy.

Yet more money I shall be spending at the end of the year.

What? E3 has started already! :D

This is an outstanding announcement and the ZoE collection is just the icing on the cake.

Having MGS3 in this will be cool, but I can't be arsed playing MGS2 again.

Awesome. My only reason to want a 3DS is gone. MGS3 is amazing.