NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2011

Yep, I've seen it before on BBC4 but I'll probably watch it again. Great doc, lots of fantastic archive footage, well edited.

Really enjoyable programme!

I missed half of it, but it was great to know more about a British motor sport legend.

Yeah and looks like the race may get moved to inbetween India and Abu Dhabi, or as the last race I think, though personally I wouldn't miss it if it was cancelled completely.

There's a very slim possibility that one of the extra tests may be at Silverstone... though Spain/Portugal etc... are the most likely again.

First race being Australia is how it should be anyway!

Edited by Retro_Link

great to see Bahrain gone for a while. Not just because of the obvious trouble the country is in but also how rubbish the track is. Annoyingly it means there's still a month til the first race :'(

It's apparently been rescheduled in Barcelona for the 8th. It's the only sensible option really.

Spain can sod off, they already get two Grand Prix's and not even remotely good ones!

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah I saw this earlier, it's ok, nothing more, I don't think it compliments the shapes of the car very well, which is actually very pretty.

The interim livery always gets so many praise and always looks so sexy out on track, but just like every year they never take anything from it.

Edited by Retro_Link

I rather like it, though nothing really stands out. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long for the season to start.

Australia should have never lost the opening race. It was a fantastic way to start to the season! All those hardcore F1 fans lining the track, a packed glamourous paddock/grid, and usually an entertaining race in some way or other.

Yeah Australia was great, especially when it was really early in the morning. So exciting getting up for that race. Over here it will be on Saturday evening which will be really weird.

Yeah Australia was great' date=' especially when it was really early in the morning. So exciting getting up for that race. Over here it will be on Saturday evening which will be really weird.[/quote']Yeah I used to love setting the alarm and waking up really early for the opening race, was something different and exciting!

Will the majority of the races be on early morning for you will'?

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah it's going to be a right pain, they will mostly start around 5am for me I think, not too bad but does pretty much cut out lie ins on a Sunday for the season.

A few great photo's

img003cc.jpg

jjqzlvirjkbjohansson.jpg

mansellsennabrazil91.jpg

pitstopjaguarr52004.jpg

pitstopchinagp2008ferra.jpg

schufisichella97.jpg

The image of that flaming Ferrari is STUNNING!!

I also miss Jaguar!

The image of that flaming Ferrari is STUNNING!!

Totally with you on that one, any idea where a bigger version could be found? I'd quite like to get that blown up for the wall.

Totally with you on that one' date=' any idea where a bigger version could be found? I'd quite like to get that blown up for the wall.[/quote']Yeah I know, I'll have a quick look around and see if I can find it anywhere, I was gonna use it as my desktop, if not like you say, as some artwork.

EDIT:

Here's a bigger version (that could probably be upscaled a bit further)

joha_ferr_monte_1985_schleg.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah it's a photograph, from the photographer Rainer Schlegelmilch.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/sep/12/rainer-schlegelmilch-formula-one

Flames erupt from the engine of the Ferrari driver Stefan Johansson's car during the 1985 Monaco grand prix. Photograph: Rainer Schlegelmilch

Rainer Schlegelmilch has been photographing Formula One for over 40 years, taking his first pictures for his final exam at the Bavarian State School of Photography in 1962. Invited by a friend to attend the Nürburgring 1,000km race and that year's grand prix at Spa, he discovered an enduring love of, and affinity for, motor racing, resulting in some famously dramatic pictures.

From a vast portfolio, some of the best are now on show at an exhibition (Proud Gallery, Camden – proud.co.uk) timed to coincide with the publication of a 200-page collection of his work. Both are entitled: The Golden Age of Formula 1 (book out mid-October, published by teNeues, £60).