NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2011

There is a video on YouTube of the doctor that did the work. He says one year for the arm to be 'functional' for racing. Sounds really bad, though I'm sure he will be back much quicker than they think. At least I hope he is. I guess we should start speculating who gets the seat. My money is on Senna.

There is a video on YouTube of the doctor that did the work. He says one year for the arm to be 'functional' for racing. Sounds really bad' date=' though I'm sure he will be back much quicker than they think. At least I hope he is. I guess we should start speculating who gets the seat. My money is on Senna.[/quote']Yeah I think they've indicated Senna will get it because they want it to go to the driver with the most current experience.

A Renault team made up of Petrov [barely kept his job] and Senna [arguable the worst of all the HRT drivers]!

Damn, thats such a shame for Kubica. Really thought he could make an impression this year. Apparently his right hand was "partially severed"...sounds gruesome. I hope he gets full use back, and can get back in an F1 car and racing again!

I know Renault have a load of drivers as reserves/in their development programme, but really they could do with drafting an experienced driver in now, otherwise they're gonna have a miserable season, both in terms of development and race results, even finishes!etc...

Shame the likes of Hulkenberg/Chandhok are under contract now, I wouldn't really have much confidence in Luizzi, De La Rosa is solid if unspectacular, Heidfeld maybe... even Davidson if he's kept himself fit, because a least he's got the development knowledge.

Anyways, we have a new car today...

Virgin MVR-02

The change from 'VR' to 'MVR' in the chassis designation reflects the team's new partnership with Russian sportscar firm Marussia Motors - which has also led to a slightly revised livery for 2011.

1297077745.jpg

b3b04b09.jpg

f57a46fe.jpg

419f69a2.jpg

1a387b79.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Apparently it'll be several days before anyone can see if he'll ever be able to race again. I really hope he comes back, I'll be devastated if this was the end of a talent like Kubica.

Virgin's not a bad looking car, interesting how low their nose is compared to the rest of the field.

Virgin's not a bad looking car, interesting how low their nose is compared to the rest of the field.
Yeah you have to wonder what they're doing there, if everyone else has gone for a higher nose! Seeing the look of every other 2011 car probably got a few people thinking back at the factory! Are they still using purely CFD?

One of the guy at the head of Lotus is actually that fat bloke with blonde hair and a 'tashe that always used to be in the Ferrari garage, and he's proper good mates with Kimi too.

Fuck it, bring Kimi back. i'd like to see Senna show what he's got (shame he sucks at qualy though) but come on, Kimi! Quick Nick would be my second choice.

One of the guy at the head of Lotus is actually that fat bloke with blonde hair and a 'tashe that always used to be in the Ferrari garage, and he's proper good mates with Kimi too.

Fuck it, bring Kimi back. i'd like to see Senna show what he's got (shame he sucks at qualy though) but come on, Kimi! Quick Nick would be my second choice.

Yeah I read about that guy being at Renault now...

001_small.jpg

They should send him round to Kimi's for talks. (with some ice cream)

Honestly I don't think Senna's got much! He only kept that HRT seat for the publicity. He does need to prove himself somewhere though!

I think Kimi would give it more consideration If he hadn't just entered his own privateer team 'Ice One' into the WRC...

168481_196893446987910_100000017676834_783095_5475553_n.jpg

167005_196893050321283_100000017676834_783086_7475650_n.jpg

... I like how you can also read the livery upside-down on the back! :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Hispania HRT F111

hrt_f111.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_HRT_F111_Press_05_Rearview.jpg

hrt_f111-7.jpg

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89335

With technical chief Geoff Willis and chief designer Paul White working hard on a new car, Kolles also brought in renowned design expert Daniel Simon to create a new corporate image.

The striking new look, which is mainly white with a chequered flag design at the rear and red flashes on the airbox and sidepods, is a total rethink on last year's grey colours.

Kolles said: "The F111 represents a significant step forward for Hispania Racing. We have made a big improvement for starting our second season in Formula 1 and what you see in our new car confirms Hispania Racing's commitment to F1."

The new livery is brilliant!

Check out the message on the car in the third pic! :D

The HRT looks pretty nice, I just hope they actually make it to the races.

forceindia_vjm04_2.jpg

forceindia_vjm04_3.jpg

forceindia_vjm04.jpg

The new Force India, the VJM04. Interesting how on the VJM and HRT how square the front nose section is compared to the rest. Looks nice but maybe a white background was the optimal photographic choice for spotting the finer details. :heh:

I like the Force India, hope they have a good car this year, would be nice to see them moving up the grid.

HRT I'm not so keen on, looks like someone on the internet designed it. Also no sponsors apart from Tata? I'm going to put my money on them being gone before the year is out.

I like the Force India' date=' hope they have a good car this year, would be nice to see them moving up the grid.

HRT I'm not so keen on, looks like someone on the internet designed it. Also no sponsors apart from Tata? I'm going to put my money on them being gone before the year is out.[/quote']True, though tbf...

"Attention: Strong Suction Effect, Hold Onto Something When Stand Here!" is pretty funny! :D

Yeah I'm not holding out for much from HRT this season. I think I read somewhere today, that they are hoping to get this car to one of the test sessions.

If that's the case, it's a pretty poor effort! Lotus are already up and running their 2011 car!

Remember they didn't even update their 2010 car, so they should have been working for this year early on!

The sponsor 'placeholders', whilst funny... don't really give a good message!

But I guess more sponsors will come with their second driver. The fact they haven't even announced who that is yet is also utterly stupid, as they'll need to get a seat fitting and hopefully a test!

And yeah I hope Force India do well this year.

Edited by Retro_Link

I've just noticed, on the Force India car they've used a Scottish Saltire next to Di Resta's name in the cockpit rather then a Union Jack. Nice touch.

True, though tbf...

"Attention: Strong Suction Effect, Hold Onto Something When Stand Here!" is pretty funny! :D

Yeah I'm not holding out for much from HRT this season. I think I read somewhere today, that they are hoping to get this car to one of the test sessions.

If that's the case, it's a pretty poor effort! Lotus are already up and running their 2011 car!

Remember they didn't even update their 2010 car, so they should have been working for this year early on!

The sponsor 'placeholders', whilst funny... don't really give a good message!

But I guess more sponsors will come with their second driver. The fact they haven't even announced who that is yet is also utterly stupid, as they'll need to get a seat fitting and hopefully a test!

And yeah I hope Force India do well this year.

Brilliant!

Guys, I was thinking why don't we all donate a fiver to HRT and maybe get the N-europe logo on their car?!

The HRT does look really nice actually, impressed with that, I like the 'Cool Spot' and 'Your Logo'

heh...

that £5 each doesn't sound that bad at all.

This is Nigel Mansell's first ever F1 car:

168457_10150091153522194_506942193_6267807_6749299_n.jpg

It can be yours for £450k, and it's for sale in the same place as my car is going to be sold! Pretty damn cool if you ask me. Wish I could afford to trade mine in for it, I'd love to own that thing.

Renault hand Nick Heidfeld Jerez test drive opportunity

Renault have given Nick Heidfeld the opportunity to prove himself as a possible replacement for the injured Robert Kubica in testing this week.

The German, 33, who drove for Sauber at the end of last season, was confirmed to drive alongside second driver Vitaly Petrov as well as Bruno Senna in Spain.

Kubica, 26, is recovering in hospital after suffering multiple fractures during a rallying accident in Italy.

Heidfeld has 11 years of experience in Formula 1, with five different teams.

Renault chairman Gerard Lopez said the British-based team want a driver with experience and the capability to challenge for the championship.

Senna, who raced for the Hispania team for much of last year in his rookie season, is the first reserve at Renault and will share driving duties with Heidfield in the R31 at this week's second test in Jerez, which begins on Thursday.

The Brazilian joined Renault in January as reserve alongside Romain Grosjean, who contested seven races for Renault in 2009, and Malaysian Fairuz Fauzy.

However, Senna's lack of experience could benefit Heidfield in the battle to drive alongside Russian Petrov for the first Grand Prix of the season in Bahrain on 13 March.

Former Prost, Jordan and Williams man Heidfeld fits the experienced bill having achieved 12 podium finishes during his 172-race career.

He has also been Mercedes' reserve as well as a test driver for tyre supplier Pirelli. "We all know that Nick is rather good, but we don't know what level he is in now, we don't know how he [will do] with our car," said Lopez.

Kubica had looked in excellent form after setting the fastest time overall at last week's opening test in Valencia before his crash on Sunday. And Lopez stressed the importance of choosing the right man to deputise for the 26-year-old Pole, who will undergo further surgery on Friday.

"The fate of our season will depend on the new driver," said Lopez, whose Genii Capital Group now owns the Renault F1 team.

"If Robert's recovery is long and he will not return this season we will rely on a driver with experience. Of course, we must see what happens with the tests we're going to do."

Renault confirmed that Petrov will drive the R31 as scheduled for the first two days of testing in southern Spain, while the team will announce their weekend line-up on Friday.

Italian Vitantonio Liuzzi, who lost his seat at Force India to Paul di Resta, had also been mentioned as a possible replacement candidate, alongside Kimi Raikkonen, who won the title for Ferrari in 2007.

Lopez visited Kubica at the Santa Corona Hospital in northern Italy where he is expected to recuperate from his serious injuries for the next two to three weeks.

Kubica faces at least two more operations, the first of which is to stabilise fractures to his right shoulder and right foot.

"I can say that I am more comfortable and confident now that I have met him," Lopez said.

"The situation is more rosy than we expected but we were very frightened by this accident.

"We cannot yet know if and when Robert will be back on track. But I can say that Robert has a very strong character and he wants to return as soon as possible to compete.

"Robert is a great loss that forces us to revise our plans. Now we need to employ all our energies to support the team. This is clearly a difficult time."

Source - BBCNews

Nice ! Black,White & Red -still expect it to be somewhere near the back though

If it can be nipping at the heels of the midfield that'll be a pretty good step forward for this year.