NEurope
Cube

Firefly Mafia - Game Thread

Yes - I thought my targets were smeagol and you - so I thought that smeagol was a witness to ell's death. I actually targetted ell and you.

Are we done?

Is this referring to me? I didn't receive any info about Ell... or was he supposed to get info on me?

I do trust you to be good

I have this strange thing where I keep mixing you and mr-paul up in my head; nearly typing mr-peeps, etc. I'm going to write down my targets to try and clarify!

Night 1: Target Diageo, send info to Mr-Paul [i believe - didn't put targets in subject field, can check thread but cba]

Night 2: Target Mr peeps, send info to smeagol [told it was blocked]

Night 3: Target Mr Peeps, send info to smeagol

Night 4: Target Smeagol, send info to Diageo

Night 5: Target Ell, Send to Mr-paul

Phew!

I can also back up Jayseven's power btw, I got that "Jayseven can pass around notes about people" when I targeted him. I didn't say it right away because I wanted to see why Diageo was lying.

We haven't seen one neutral yet. Nintendohnut has said barely anything in this game I feel like he is trying to lay low for some reason. No one can do anything to him, no investigations even, I am worried about him. Diageo and Rez are probably neutral too.

These are the guys that didn't vote for jonnas yesterday (and excluding me because, well, duh).

heroicjanitor

ReZourceman

Zell

At least one is mafia. One in three bet. We've had, what, two mafia killed so far? So chances are it's 2 out of these three.

Gonna re-read this thread when I get a chance (tomorrow evening most likely) before I cast a vote. But surely someone can take the time to go back over this thread and see what we got.

HeroJan, stop being so damn stubborn. You were wrong about Rez, he's town and I'm town. I'm not sure you are though. Why didn't you vote for Jonnas yesterday?

Also jayseven I never got a note from you about Smégol.

First you said Rez is definitely mafia, and now you say he's neutral. Will you ever make up your mind?

Well hi! Yes, I haven't been too active in this game, but that's mostly cause I have a silly amount of things going on in real life (moving into my first flat, starting a full-time job etc - SO much to do!). However, I've been trying to post when I can. Like now! And the rest of today, where I will be near a computer.

Anyway, I'm confused. I got a note on night 3, which first of all I have no idea how I got it (maybe the no targets thing don't apply to the note, but who knows), but second of all it was about mr-paul, and it said that he was an investigator. Obviously there was no need to share that information with everyone as it would have gotten him killed, but unless there are two note-givers than jayseven is misleading us in some way. I personally am leaning towards trusting jayseven at this point so there may well be two note-givers.

In terms of why have I waited til now to give this info, well mr-paul would have been a target before, plus it wasn't relevant until we started talking about notes. Now it's safe to reveal.

Diageo - what is the new skill that the write-up says that Rez learns?

[..]

Smeagol did you get my note last night?

Read the write-up (but no).

[..]

Now it's safe to reveal.

I disagree, but now you've outed him.. Maybe mr-paul can help us with a list of confirmed townies.

He died yesterday, didn't he?

Yes he did, thank fuck for that (although not in that way... you know what I mean). You gave me a minor heart attack then, Sméagz.

I don't think there are two note-droppers, I think it's more likely I was redirected.

Off for the rest of the day.

Vote: Heroicjanitor as he's on my list of three and posting so most likely to put up a defense.

I don't think Heroicjanitor is mafia

But I'm still suspecting Rez, and he's not posting.

Vote: Rez

I'd be surprised if HeroicJanitor is mafia.

I want to trust you Rez but there's just not enough going for you at the moment Vote: ReZourceman

I still have no idea who to trust. Rez getting new powers is confusing and worrying, so I'm very tempted to go for him, but after yesterday, I'd be concerned that killing him will make Diageo more dangerous. And people saying 'I'm sure he's not town, I'm going to vote for this person' just makes it sound like they're all in it together. I think paranoia is creeping in, and I also think it's worth pressuring the people who didn't vote for Jonnas, like jay says, just to try and find out a little more about what happened. I don't think jay is saying for definite that heroic is evil - his vote is there to pressure heroic into revealing info.

That said, if Diageo isn't lying, why did he get info about jayseven silencing someone? Aaaaand seeing as we haven't seen it before, there's always a chance that the note in the write-up saying Rez gained more powers is simply a mafia plant, editing the write-up. It seems strange that a note appears that makes someone seem more guilty the day after they are questioned. Especially as Rez gaining more powers is not mentioned elsewhere in the write-up.

As you can probably tell, I am confused.

I don't think Heroicjanitor is mafia

But I'm still suspecting Rez, and he's not posting.

Vote: Rez

Of course he's not posting, he's silenced.

I still think jayseven is lying, and thinking about it now, it was easier for him to crack the code if he was mafia. And then made people derp him the next day to look more innocent.

ReZ has gained a new ability, from reading all these detective novels she is now able to investigate, and found out that Jay is evil, but when she was coming back she got attacked by Jay and got silenced. But it's all right since I get the result of investigations as well, straight from Cube.

It makes sense, I never got a note, Sméagol now says he got a note for a different person and not one today. I suspect Jayseven is one of the last mafia. But maybe not, maybe it's someone else who's trying to play you into lynching ReZ.

We didn't want to tell you about the new power ReZ had because we didn't want to be killed, but maybe we can get some protection tonight, after getting rid of a mafia.

If this was a case of making someone else appear evil, Jayseven wouldn't have attacked and silenced Rez. I think it's some sort of passive ability that activates if he is ever found out.

I don't think there are two note-droppers, I think it's more likely I was redirected.

Off for the rest of the day.

Vote: Heroicjanitor as he's on my list of three and posting so most likely to put up a defense.

I did vote for him until you came out and said you had evidence against someone else :blank:

Diageo there is no way you guys are town at least and Rez came back as mafia from my investigation. I can only confirm Jayseven's power of passing notes, and in his target list no one else was silenced. What did your info say anyway? That Jayseven is mafia? That jayseven silenced Rez? We are in a good position compared to the mafia now I think, but I'm scared of neutrals now.

The issue with this game is that everyone has conflicting information. I also suspect that Diageo and Rez may be neutrals - a game without any would be strange (of course there may be others who haven't been confirmed yet).

I think we're going to reach a point where we're just going to have to follow some information and ignore everything else that has gone against it. It's the only way we're going to know if people's info is actually of any use. That point may not be right now but I don't see it being far away tbh.

I still think Rez is evil.

Vote: Rezourceman

And I still don't know why no-one lynched him a couple of days ago.

jayseven (1): Diageo

heroicjanitor (1): jayseven

ReZourceman (3): Tales, The Peeps, Zell

Majority is 5.

Edited by Cube

Why is there no way we are town, because you don't want to believe you're wrong?

I was one of the first to vote for Jonnas. Just because your result says mafia, but no one believes it, doesn't make us neutral. Why hasn't anyone investigated me yet? We seem to have about 3 investigators now. One of you must be wrong. And HeroJan has been wrong already. My investigation has the added fact that jayseven silenced Rez. It's clear he's mafia.

ReZ targeted Jay, got that he was evil, jay has some sort of ability where he silences people who discover that he is evil. Can we just get rid of this mafia already?

Why is there no way we are town, because you don't want to believe you're wrong?

I was one of the first to vote for Jonnas. Just because your result says mafia, but no one believes it, doesn't make us neutral. Why hasn't anyone investigated me yet? We seem to have about 3 investigators now. One of you must be wrong. And HeroJan has been wrong already. My investigation has the added fact that jayseven silenced Rez. It's clear he's mafia.

ReZ targeted Jay, got that he was evil, jay has some sort of ability where he silences people who discover that he is evil. Can we just get rid of this mafia already?

I guess I have to reveal a bit of info then.

On night 1, the porridge I ate was meant for ReZ. Why would he be evil he was about to be poisoned? That's why I've always defended him.

Zell - care to explain, seeing as you're so nonplussed about why nobody voted for Rez, why you didn't vote for Jonnas, who then turned out to be a mafia member?

No idea why you didn't reveal that sooner Sméagol... It's hardly going to get you in trouble. Also MadDog hardly meant to poison himself last night but he did.

Zell - care to explain, seeing as you're so nonplussed about why nobody voted for Rez, why you didn't vote for Jonnas, who then turned out to be a mafia member?

My post yesterday:

I'm very worried that we could be playing into the mafia's hands here. Yesterday we had information that Rez was in the mafia, but people came to defend him saying that the info "must be wrong" and not enough people ended up voting. Now we have a similar accusation pointed at Jonnas and it seems to me that more people are willing to vote him off.

It just bugs me that after information has been revealed exposing Rez, a few people just come out having "feelings" that he's good and the information must be wrong or made up (Diageo's excuse of "I can't say it will help the mafia" does not convince me). What's stopping people using the same arguments with Jonnas? We don't know who our trusted sources are yet, so why is heroic wrong and mr-paul right?

For the record, Jonnas is extremely suspicious at the moment and I'm willing to lynch him, but I'll refrain from voting for now to allow for more discussion.

I went offline and by the time I'd come back Jonnas had been lynched. Like I said, info says "Rez is mafia" and he doesn't get lynched. That's why I was like "hold on a minute... let's just think this through a bit". As it turned out, Jonnas was mafia and it now seems, thanks to Smeagol's info, that Rez probably isn't mafia.

Withdraw Vote

I admit that I'm probably looking silly now with my vendetta against Rez. Sorry Rez.

No idea why you didn't reveal that sooner Sméagol... It's hardly going to get you in trouble. Also MadDog hardly meant to poison himself last night but he did.

Sméagol said Rez was the original target, unless you seem to think the poisoner was redirected twice.

Why isn't anyone voting for jayseven, does anyone have any info saying that he's good?