N-Europe

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II

Jamba

So this kicks ass. Another decent fighter hitting the 3DS. Apparently this is due out in spring in Japan and I really hope that it makes it to the West.

500x_sft_blazblue_continuum_shift2_main_01.jpg

For those who have played Calamity Trigger then you know how good this is going to be.

Yeah, was pleasantly surprised to see that it's coming to the 3DS. Calamity Trigger is a superb fighter, probably close to being the best so far this generation (I dislike Street Fighter big time and wasn't a fan of 4) so I really hope that it does come out here. And if it has as smooth an online experience on the 3DS as on the consoles (probably not going to happen but at least if it runs with as little lag as possible), then we're really in business.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right so they have announced that the release date in the US is May 24, 2011. Hopefully it won't take the 5 months that the last one did to come to Europe but here's hoping!

From what I have seen the game will include all of the content from the original including all of the storyline, so I'd guess that the title will feel just like the console versions that have installed the CSII update. One of the biggest new features is the "Abyss" mode but I'll have to read up more to give you any more details.

Would anyone be interested in me doing a full write up of the features? I would think that a lot of folks don't know much about the series generally.

If I were a fighting game fan I would be quite pleased with the lineup that is Street Fighter, Dead or Alive and this, but unfortunately the only fighting game that I am interested in is Super Smash Bros.

I wonder why there is such emphasis on fighters at launch?

If I were a fighting game fan I would be quite pleased with the lineup that is Street Fighter, Dead or Alive and this, but unfortunately the only fighting game that I am interested in is Super Smash Bros.

I wonder why there is such emphasis on fighters at launch?

Ad I wouldn't say that it is similar to Smash Bros but it is very different to SF and Dead or Alive in a lot of ways. I found the variety of moves very refreshing and many of them can be executed with a combination of a direction and pressing an attack.

There are no clone characters and everyone has a completely distinct style and move set. The animation is astounding.

And despite the seriousness of the trailer, it's damn funny!

• 6 months later...
Rather foolishly expected this to be in-store at Game or HMV today. Naturally, it wasn't. Worse still, it's already out of stock on Game.co.uk. Will look on other outlets, but I really wanted to buy this in a shop today :(

This seems to be quite a common occurrence with new 3DS software. Stores just aren't buying any of it in, unless it's from Nintendo or a licensed tie in (Tintin and NCIS along with FIFA are the only new third party titles that stores have picked up since the start of the summer), for whatever reason.

I got my Manga edition today, I have pics, but the 3DS camera doesn't perform great in this overcast lighting.

HNI_0041.jpg

HNI_0042.jpg

The card reads "Thank you for all your support! =) - The Arc team". What a nice little message from them, I almost wanna keep it mint condition forever and the games seal seems to agree.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

• 4 months later...