NEurope
Diageo

Your dead body

Doesn't look like its on the card, my license is 11 years old though.

My... dead... body? :blank:

Over my dead body! :p

It would be lol if you had to be an organ donor in order to receive an organ should you need one. And no backsies, so you can't get an organ if you're not organ donor before you need the organ, then you change your mind and want to be. That'd serve em' right.

didn't you have the option on your driving licence?

I had only read the first half of his post when I read this :p

When I think of a burial, rotting giving back to the earth etc, I don't mind so much the idea of it, but then I think cremation's just a bit easier and cheaper.

Doesn't look like its on the card' date=' my license is 11 years old though.[/quote']

i don't think its on my card either..

Might be different because northern ireland's under a different driving regulator (dvlni) so it could be unique to us.

i know i'm 100% sure i signed up. It had tick boxes as to which organs you wanted to donate!

the only thing is i'm pretty sure most of my organs will be useless if i live a fair time, thanks to medications :( They won't even let me donate blood!

Diageo; holding your breath 'til you pass out, then simply dying while unconscious? No. You resume your breathing when you're passed out, and your body will wake you up when it starts choking. Suffocation/drowning is a nasty way to go.

Actually I was thinking as if you were buried without a coffin. With a coffin... dide do you know how hard it is to knock yourself out? I DARE YOU TO DO IT NOW. Can't be done.

Diageo; holding your breath 'til you pass out, then simply dying while unconscious? No. You resume your breathing when you're passed out, and your body will wake you up when it starts choking. Suffocation/drowning is a nasty way to go.

Actually I was thinking as if you were buried without a coffin. With a coffin... dide do you know how hard it is to knock yourself out? I DARE YOU TO DO IT NOW. Can't be done.

People can pass out by doing it, I've seen people do it. I'd rather not myself.

People can pass out by doing it, I've seen people do it. I'd rather not myself.

You will pass out, but then your body will just start breathing again. You can't choke yourself that way.

I know, you will then die slowly from lack of oxygen, while you are passed out. This is in a coffin obviously.

I know, you will then die slowly from lack of oxygen, while you are passed out. This is in a coffin obviously.

Hmm I think you won't be unconscious long enough to actually die though. I mean passing out usually doesn't last too long as far as I'm aware heh.

Well then just wait to run out of oxygen, and pass out and die slowly. Sounds like fun. More fun than agonising pain though.

Oh shit! I've just woken up and I'm in a coffin six feet under! I'll just hold my breath and it'll all be over...mmmm...

You really think it's that... easy?! Your logic astounds me.

Well you are fucked no matter what. But yes it is easy to hold your breath until you pass out. So that's a least a few minutes you're not panicking. It makes you feel like you have control over your own death. It will help you not freak out if you have a plan.

If you wake up later still alive, you can rinse and repeat until you don't wake up. It's better than doing nothing.

You think it's better to lie there panicking?

I think that panicking is an unavoidable state of being. You say that is a solution as if you're an android! it is impossible to not freak out. To be faced with certain death, I doubt anyone will simply accept it willingly. Even after making oneself unconscious -- which lasts seconds. I've googled it and the general consensus is that a coffin holds roughly 5 mins of air. You may try to knock yourself out, but I'm pretty sure that as the air runs our your body will wake you up and you will spend your last minutes gasping.

What I think you are most wrong with is your assumption that you can calmly die whilst buried alive. I believe it'd be a horrific experience full of panic and fear. If one is able to accept ones fate eventually then fair enough, but it won't happen immediately.

Am I the only one that finds that, you know, just a bit terrifying?

So, you'd wake up after passing out, to find yourself in a coffin. Underground. And you'd be cool with that? Would you fuck!

As for this topic: Ideally, I'd like my body to be placed in some sort of casing, and then to be ejected into space. Where I can float forever.

I don't want to be burned into tiny little pieces. :(

Well you are fucked no matter what. But yes it is easy to hold your breath until you pass out. So that's a least a few minutes you're not panicking. It makes you feel like you have control over your own death. It will help you not freak out if you have a plan.

If you wake up later still alive, you can rinse and repeat until you don't wake up. It's better than doing nothing.

You think it's better to lie there panicking?

Mo offense, but between this and the santa business you come across as a bit of a dick.

Mo offense, but between this and the santa business you come across as a bit of a dick.

He doesn't want his kids to believe in santa is one thing, but thinking he can pass out in a coffin is the final straw!

I have no idea how I would react. I probably would get very agitated. But I still would like a plan, something to hold on to. It would help at least.

And when the carbon dioxide starts to build up. You would go unconscious. You wouldn't be gasping for air. You would get very sleepy and drift away.

Why do these things make me a dick? Because you disagree? That's a great reason.

As good as any, but no.
Don't put the reason at the end or anything, that would be too much.