N-Europe

Christmas Songs

Mokong

With one week to go till Christmas Day :yay: thought we should get into the spirit with some Yuletide melodies.

What is your favourite Christmas Song(s)

My favourite has always been Fairytale of New York by The Pogues & Kirsty McColl.

To me it is not Christmas untill I hear this song on the radio... and luckily it's usually one of the first Christmas songs to be played on the radio in Ireland.

And this is one I only just remembered the other and randomly started singing it out of nowhere. Likely only the Irish will remember this from our very own Dustin the Turkey way back in 1996, taking the song "Lemon tree" and turning it into "Christmas Tree"

14 Christmas' ago, jesus the nostalgia is too much :D

And from my favourite Christmas film, the Muppets Christmas Carol, filled with many great tunes but the one by The Ghost of Christmas Present always gets to me, probably something to do with the Tiny Tim bit that follows it too as that part (no matter which version of A Christmas Carol I watch) always chokes me up a little :cry:

And from my favourite Christmas film, the Muppets Christmas Carol, filled with many great tunes but the one by The Ghost of Christmas Present always gets to me, probably something to do with the Tiny Tim bit that follows it too as that part (no matter which version of A Christmas Carol I watch) always chokes me up a little :cry:

Quoted for effin' truth! :):weep:

Band Aid is the ultimate Christmas song for me. When I hear that, then I know it's properly Christmas.

I'm talking about the original version, not the treacheries that came after it.

Feed the World!

Also, it's my favourite Christmas video. I love how everyone just comes together in that video, and the part at the end makes it for me. It just screams unity, and I love that.

With one week to go till Christmas Day :yay: thought we should get into the spirit with some Yuletide melodies.

What is your favourite Christmas Song(s)

My favourite has always been Fairytale of New York by The Pogues & Kirsty McColl.

To me it is not Christmas untill I hear this song on the radio... and luckily it's usually one of the first Christmas songs to be played on the radio in Ireland.

I was going to say that, but it's the first song in the entire thread!

I love you!

I might get slated for this but I don't care because it's a damn fine song... regardless of who sings it.

There is no official video that I can find but this works very well.

But it seems to get overlooked at this time of the year and it's a travesty.

I hold nothing aggainst you, that is another of my fav xmas songs.

For one I love the combination of something so religious, Jesus/Christmas, with aliens. And it is a great song and a lovely story too. : peace:

I hold nothing aggainst you, that is another of my fav xmas songs.

For one I love the combination of something so religious, Jesus/Christmas, with aliens. And it is a great song and a lovely story too. : peace:

I know what you mean. I'm not religious in the slightest, but I like the mental imagery this song conjures up through the tale it tells. I think it's an excellent song sung incredibly well. There is something about it that pulls at my heart strings. If sing with it, I do start to well up...

Does anyone like being raped?

LOOOOOL! Me and a friend of mine were having a discussion about Christmas songs today and then he was really happy when he heard Cliff Richard's Mistletoe and Wine and he was like "Cliff Richard's on right now!" and I said "You don't seriously like him, do you?" and he replied "He's one of the best singers in the world". I couldn't say anything back because of the shock of that statement. I've never met anybody (excluding old women) who likes Cliff Richard. I personally find his voice quite annoying but hey, each to their own.

Love listening to this around Christmas time. It's taken from the movie, A Christmas Carol.