N-Europe

The Pirate Mafia

The Peeps

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go for Jayseven for two reasons

1) He's being RIDICULOUS and refusing to even consider things from my point of view. He also seems to be ignoring everything I post as it may interrupt his pointless voting.

2) He is the only person recently who hasn't instantly gained at least two other people voting for him. Cube and Rez both suddenly got votes... by Jayseven didn't. The mafia wouldn't want to vote for their own.

(It's mostly the second one, although the first one is helping a lot right now)

Vote: Jayseven

One final thing - if I was in the mafia and I was identified as a wooden-legged person (when the killer was seen as wooden legged) on like, night 1 or 2... do you honestly think that I would be STUPID enough to just keep killing? That would be stupid....

...Unless the mafia realised that there is a townie player with a wooden leg, and they knew that he would be picked on if they kept killing with the wooden-legged mafioso.

I'm so upset when someone thinks I'm genuinely just stupid in mafia games, like accusing me of things that a sensible player would never, ever do.

SECOND POST: Incidentally it would make sense for the mafia to see me, a wooden legged townie, being outed early and decide to keep killing with THEIR wooden-legged killer, as I said. But then it would also make sense to make sure that nobody forgot that this was the case - so a mafia member would have to keep pushing it. And they wouldn't be labelled as evil by the town as it isn't too big a jump to see the townie as the killer, so he wouldn't be in danger of being accused... except I know it's a load of bull, because I'm the player he's accusing.

Anyway. We should lynch jay, and if he's not a mafia member I will happily be lynched tomorrow, just to prove to everyone that I wasn't lying :p People can even quote this post to show how happy I am to be lynched.

Lynch Jayseven today, and if he turns out to be a townie I will happily be lynched tomorrow. Thank you.

Why don't you believe he is evil? Blackbeard was a townie, and he is known as one of the most cutthroat pirates ever. I don't understand why people think a character is good when everyone in the game is a pirate. Pirates aren't good, that is the point. So saying you think he's good because he's Captain Jack doesn't really mean much, because we have no idea which pirates are good and which aren't.

Is Eenuh still in this game? Was she ever even in it? Sorry, I don't remember, and I'm confusing the BG mafia with this one. There are some quiet people, anyway.

I replaced Eenuh.

To counter your "all pirates are evil, so Jack Sparrow is mafia" point, I haven't seen jayseven do anything evil, but we have seen a peg legged pirate do something bad, and you are the only one who has been described as having a wooden leg. Which is why my vote stays with you.

I have a feeling maybe cartoon/vg pirates could be mafia? Captain Blubber was from Banjo Kazooie, you are from Disney. Sinbad could be included in that???

Eenuh got replaced by mr-paul I think, and is Tetra.

I'm still suspicious of Nintendohnut and is "shape shifting" in the write up. I have to say, he is good at getting people confused and off track by writing several different theories about what the mafia would do.

Change vote: Nintendohnut

Fine. Lynch me. What a waste. At least there's a chance there will be a voting pattern that comes out of this.

I don't know who is good or who is bad, which is why I've been targeting people at random each night. Why hasn't jayseven appeared in any write-ups as Jack Sparrow? Why did I not appear when I targeted him?

One question I'd really like to know the answer to is what character is Dazz? He has been confirmed as the 'young pirate', and he has appeared in a couple or write-ups, but he doesn't seem to have done anything. And when I asked him who he was he just didn't reply. Odd, cause he's normally really active in these games (a new starter in mafia games so still pretty into them)

Lol @ mr-paul's theory that VG/Cartoon characters are mafia - he is one! ROFL.

Ridiculous, if you ask me. And I still find it mad that people are ignoring nintendohnut! Someone with a peg leg has killed. Nobody else in any of the write-ups has been described as having a peg leg.

Dannyboy had a peg-leg. He wasn't described as such but he was only alive for one write-up, which he wasn't in. I'm a lot more willing to lynch Nintendohnut now though... Pegleg Pete is not young, and his description changed. I was under the impression everyone's description could change, but his is the only one which has.

Changevote: Nintendohnut

I have already addressed this

The reason I thought I had changed to become the 'young' pirate was because on the night which I targeted myself for protection the write-up described the young pirate as 'standing ready but nobody came for him'. I didn't know it was me for sure, but I assumed it was as I was nowhere else in the write-up. Since then we have learnt that Dazz is the young pirate, so that must have been him rather than me. He didn't say this at the time, and we don't know what his power is, so I don't think it was wrong of me to assume I was the young pirate as the description of the action matched what I had done.

And the point about the peg leg - yes, dannyboy had one. I also have one. However, I will say again, THIS IS A PIRATE MAFIA and there will be more than one (or two even) players with wooden-legs. The only issue is that you have only found one. And I imagine that nobody else with a peg-leg will roleclaim now seeing as people seem willing to lynch anyone with a wooden leg.

Seriously, you're going to lynch me here, you'll see that I was telling the truth the whole time and that I am loyal to the captain (i.e. a townie), and you'll be no closer to actually getting rid of the wooden-legged killer or any other mafia member.

This is like the stupid Disney mafia all over again. Getting lynched based on 'evidence' that doesn't conclusively prove anything. Is everyone saying that they think I am the only other wooden-legged pirate in the game? Is that why people are voting? I assume so, because if you think that there is another (or others) then the vote for me is pointless as you will have to work your way through them until you catch the killer.

- Hopefully a voting pattern will come from this.

- I think the town will lose this game now. People aren't talking enough, we have no solid leads or anything to go on, and we have no idea who is mafia and who is good character wise. All the mafia have to do is jump in every so often and accuse a player or vote for a player based on a made-up hunch and the town will follow, as proven here.

- When I'm killed there are several people who claim that IT'S JUST SO OBVIOUS. Well, I hope you feel pretty damn foolish when you're obvious 'evidence' is shown to be totally misguided and false.

Keepvote: Jayseven

@mr-paul So your 'theory' is that the mafia is made up of VG/cartoon characters, except for the VG/Cartoon characters who we know are neutral and townie? That's ridiculous. I think that you've taken what we know about the only mafia member killed, assumed I'm evil, and then made something up which doesn't even fit with the rest of the game to make me look more evil. Inadvertantly you made yourself look evil and now you're back-pedalling.

And why would the mafia be made up of VG AND cartoon characters? Surely it would make more sense for the mafia to be made up of all VG characters, or all cartoon characters? The two media are totally different. Which actually makes you look more likely to be mafia.

Honestly, if this is between Jayseven and Nintendohnut, I'll go for Jayseven. I swear, what do we know about him other than he's Jack Sparrow? At least Nintendohnut revealed his power, and I've seen the write-up make sense out of his claim, at least once.

Also, I'm positive that ReZ is mafia. The fact that there are so many people reluctant to vote for him, yet jump so quickly on me or Nintendohnut just prove this.

@Nintendohnut: When did you claim to be bearded, again?

I'll go for Jayseven for two reasons

1) He's being RIDICULOUS and refusing to even consider things from my point of view. He also seems to be ignoring everything I post as it may interrupt his pointless voting.

2) He is the only person recently who hasn't instantly gained at least two other people voting for him. Cube and Rez both suddenly got votes... by Jayseven didn't. The mafia wouldn't want to vote for their own.

(It's mostly the second one, although the first one is helping a lot right now)

Vote: Jayseven

One final thing - if I was in the mafia and I was identified as a wooden-legged person (when the killer was seen as wooden legged) on like, night 1 or 2... do you honestly think that I would be STUPID enough to just keep killing? That would be stupid....

...Unless the mafia realised that there is a townie player with a wooden leg, and they knew that he would be picked on if they kept killing with the wooden-legged mafioso.

I'm so upset when someone thinks I'm genuinely just stupid in mafia games, like accusing me of things that a sensible player would never, ever do.

SECOND POST: Incidentally it would make sense for the mafia to see me, a wooden legged townie, being outed early and decide to keep killing with THEIR wooden-legged killer, as I said. But then it would also make sense to make sure that nobody forgot that this was the case - so a mafia member would have to keep pushing it. And they wouldn't be labelled as evil by the town as it isn't too big a jump to see the townie as the killer, so he wouldn't be in danger of being accused... except I know it's a load of bull, because I'm the player he's accusing.

Anyway. We should lynch jay, and if he's not a mafia member I will happily be lynched tomorrow, just to prove to everyone that I wasn't lying :p People can even quote this post to show how happy I am to be lynched.

Lynch Jayseven today, and if he turns out to be a townie I will happily be lynched tomorrow. Thank you.

Oh, and going back to this post, only a mafia member would say they are happy to be lynched tomorrow. After they have lynched a townie and killed another. Townies don't want to die full stop, and would prefer a no lynch to anything.

Nintendohnut, tell me, why are you voting jayseven?

Just because he voted for you???

Ridiculous reasons.

changevote: Jayseven

My problem with Nintendohnut is it says THE wooden-legged pirate, not A wooden-legged pirate. I don't want to risk killing the protector though I just wanted to hear your reaction. I think Jayseven is a more worthy target, and Since so many people targeted Cube last night I think Rez is more likely to be the mafia between them.

Jonnas, you are so clearly on the same team as Dohnut. You're willing to lynch jayseven because you don't know much about him/he's been quite inactive/busy. But we have a peg legged person out there who can kill. Dohnut is saying "there's bound to be loads of people with peg legs!!!" Unlikely imo. The fact he is peg legged and so willing to lynch someone we know nothing about/ just his behaviour all around makes him soo mafia. And you and Cube aren't doing much to remove yourself from my suspicious list either.

Honestly, if this is between Jayseven and Nintendohnut, I'll go for Jayseven. I swear, what do we know about him other than he's Jack Sparrow? At least Nintendohnut revealed his power, and I've seen the write-up make sense out of his claim, at least once.

Also, I'm positive that ReZ is mafia. The fact that there are so many people reluctant to vote for him, yet jump so quickly on me or Nintendohnut just prove this.

@Nintendohnut: When did you claim to be bearded, again?

Here, on night 1, after I received a PM saying 'A formidable pirate made you too scared to leave your bunk'.

The bearded pirate stared at the card left on his hammock. He lay there all night completely petrified.

I can't be wrong about this one, as it's the only mention of someone not leaving their bunk in the write-up. And if it was someone else then they would have claimed it.

Incidentally it clears me as the one-legged killer as well. See, right under where it said about the pirate staying in his bunk...

The bearded pirate stared at the card left on his hammock. He lay there all night completely petrified.

Fed up of the noise and trouble, the One-Legged Man casually strode up to the drunk and without hesitation, slit his throat. Surprisingly it was blood that poured out and not a gallon of rum.

Diageo is dead. He was Ol' Drunken Dan, guardian of the ship's supply of rum and loyal to The Captain.

Now the pirate is specifically described as a One-Legged Man. Dannyboy is the only mafia member killed so far, BUT HE WAS NOT A MAN. I am also not a man, I'm some kind of dog thing, which means that we have a wooden-legged killer who is a MAN. And even if people argue that I am a man (somehow), I was in my bunk all night, scared. Which means I couldn't have killed and it couldn't have been Dannyboy either (again, he wasn't a man but an animal)

Jonnas, you are so clearly on the same team as Dohnut. You're willing to lynch jayseven because you don't know much about him/he's been quite inactive/busy. But we have a peg legged person out there who can kill. Dohnut is saying "there's bound to be loads of people with peg legs!!!" Unlikely imo. The fact he is peg legged and so willing to lynch someone we know nothing about/ just his behaviour all around makes him soo mafia. And you and Cube aren't doing much to remove yourself from my suspicious list either.

2 things

1) You are going to feel catastrophically stupid when I turn out to be town. I will quote this post at that point :)

2) You again assume I am some sort of mafia noob. If I were in the mafia and people were accusing me like this I would specifically tell my team NOT to defend me in the thread and, if anything, to vote for me to make them look innocent. I can't believe that you think I'd actually get Jonnas to defend me if we were somehow both on the same team.

GOD. ::shrug:

Now the pirate is specifically described as a One-Legged Man. Dannyboy is the only mafia member killed so far, BUT HE WAS NOT A MAN. I am also not a man, I'm some kind of dog thing, which means that we have a wooden-legged killer who is a MAN. And even if people argue that I am a man (somehow), I was in my bunk all night, scared. Which means I couldn't have killed and it couldn't have been Dannyboy either (again, he wasn't a man but an animal)

Ok first off the bearded pirate was Tellyn. Secondly Dannyboy was the original captain of the ship, and was Long John Silver. So you DEFINITELY have a beard. Yet you aren't the bearded pirate. You DEFINITELY have a wooden leg. Yet you aren't the wooden-legged pirate. I don't trust you any more.

Jayseven what is your power? Vote for someone with the vote placed at the start of your post please :)

Oh, and going back to this post, only a mafia member would say they are happy to be lynched tomorrow.

No they wouldn't. A mafia member certainly wouldn't say that as they need all of their number to survive for as long as possible to win. That's the point of the game. If a mafia member offered to be lynched he'd be condemning his team. Which is why Jayseven hasn't said it, despite being 100% convinced that he is right, apparently.

After they have lynched a townie and killed another.

How did you work this out? What evidence do you have to support jayseven being town, apart from his role (which proves nothing). And who have I killed?!

Townies don't want to die full stop, and would prefer a no lynch to anything.

This is also a lie. The mafia absolutely don't want to die because, as I said, they cannot win if their numbers are deminished too far. If another mafia member is lynched, they will have probably 3, max 4 people left, which means they'd have to survive for many more days without being discovered. Which means it would basically be game over for them. Which is why no mafia member would want to die. Townies obviously aren't wanting to die either but you can't suggest they want to die less than mafia members

Nintendohnut, tell me, why are you voting jayseven?

Just because he voted for you???

Ridiculous reasons.

I gave my two reasons above. I am suspicious of him. And now you, because you seem so desperate to get rid of me. In fact if you are so willing, why don't you agree to be lynched if you are wrong? I'm convinced of my cause, and we wouldn't lose much by lynch jay. If I'm wrong you will get your wish and you can lynch me tomorrow. But I'm confident I'm right. How confident are you?

I just see absolutely no evidence so far that jayseven is evil apart from you and Jonnas going OMGZ HE'S SUSPICIOUS LYNCH HIM. I'm not saying he is definitely good, I just see more evil in you.

And a mafia member would say that, if they manage to lynch a townie and kill one at night, they will be a lot closer to majority and with someone jailkept/unable to vote and inactives, it will be very hard to get them lynched.

I'm sure if jay is lynched and proved to not be mafia you will be a lot less willing to be lynched tomorrow, you'll come out saying it was all a big mistake.

And no, i'm not going to come out and say I want to put myself up for lynch, because I don't want to be lynched, and there is no reason to lynch me. All i'm going on is that there is a peg legged killer, you are peg legged, and you have been acting suspiciously for a long time.

Jay, on the other hand, has done nothing to be lynched for yet in my eyes.

And I don't think you are a mafia nooob. I know you are a very good player and I respect you, but in this case, I believe you are evil.

Present someone else you want me to lynch and the reasons and if they are good enough I will vote to lynch them. But your reasons against jay simply do not stand up.

Also, you can't be a good protector, my dead character Smee was the protector loyal to the captain.

My only problem with what you have said is that you think it will be difficult to reach majority tomorrow with inactives and jailkept players - today we have more than enough for majority but nobody is agreeing on who to vote for, so that isn't entirely fair.

And again, you can quote this separate post if you don't think I will be willing to be lynched tomorrow if I am wrong.

I am extremely willing to die if I am wrong about jayseven, no matter what I say tomorrow

I don't know why you're so convinced of jay's innocence. He hasn't said anything guilty? That's because he's barely posted in the thread and when he has he's accused me for three days in a row. He has said VERY little in this game, so he's unlikely to appear evil.

One final thing - the majority at the moment is 7 i believe? That means the mafia (assuming there are areound 4 left) need to kill at least 5 more people to have majority. If a mafia member is lynched now, that will be 7 more. Which means seven more days without discovery - basically impossible.