N-Europe

Errors and Problems With Forums

Ashley

Did something happen yesterday? :wtf:

I tried to come on around lunch time (instead o' working) but firstly the site was very slow and my posts didnt load up, so I closed the browser, came back... and the site wasnt working at all! What happened? I just went home and played Pro Evo and Fifa for instead. The thing is, theres no mention o' it around the place today, what happened? ::shrug:

Yeah I tried coming on and the site was down for a while, you're not alone :p

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I assumed it was everyone, but the PCs that I use that also have the problem ;

- Work Desk

- Work Staffroom

- Home Bedroom

- GFs Main

- GFs Dads Laptop

Half the smilies dont show up. It just has the Red X image not found logo.

I have no answer for you mate? maybe clear your cache?

I took some screen shots and they are working fine for me. Are the smileys not showing up for anyone else?

• 3 weeks later...

When I go to quick reply it wont post it up, says I need to be logged in when I already was. So I go through the normal reply procedure but I have to sign in again anyway, whats up?

Also, the same happens when I try to edit, thus meaning I cant save my changes.

Is it something simple that needs changed within the browser?

Thankees!

I think this problem has only started since we got that BT Homehub in. Its updated the Browser (which was IE) to some hybrid BTyahoo IE thing. Ill see if I can sort it by changing the cookie options.

(although incidentally, I think this has happened at Uni once or twice aswell, strange one)

• 1 year later...

No, I am. I checked the link directing and the Forum button has the Chat code on it but so does the Chat button so it doesn't make any sense. Even when it takes me to the Chat page, I click the Forum button and it reloads the Chat page again. It seems to only last for a small period of time but it's still one of those mysteries... maybe it's just firefox being silly or summet.

• 4 weeks later...

We're aware of the problem and I'm told there is something being done about it. I and many others are having trouble viewing anything other than the forums, which isn't ideal, but hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I'm pretty sure it's to do with the adverts we have.