NEurope
Dante

SSX (2012)

I actually was lucky enough to play this last year. Forgot to post about it here! The tricky aspect works brilliantly, and falling is genuinely annoying, but never unfair. The avalanche mode (whatever it's called) is really good fun with a real 'ohshitohshitohshit' feeling that they really needed to pull off if they wanted it to succeed. Graphics are nice, too, and some of the levels they were showing off when I went to the EA event looked amazing.

I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea but rest assured, this is most certainly an SSX game.

Hmm...I'm tempted but this game will just simply not exist a week after release. It's not the game's fault, but the fault of another game.

What game is that?

Also yeah this looks pretty awesome!

Will pick it up later on in the year when I have more time.

I had a blast on the first SSX game.

What game is that?

Mass Effect 3, obviously.

I actually really enjoyed SSX Blur, which I believe was a rehash of 3 and Tricky.

I liked Blur and Tricky, but SSX 3 is my all time favourite in the series. Hopefully there'll be a demo out before release as I'm still not convinced this version will recapture the craziness of Tricky and 3. I liked being able to smash through shortcut signs, go past sections with audience watching and lights/fireworks going off at the start of a race. Have this gut feeling the game will be cut in price soon after release so I might wait till then to buy.

Mass Effect 3, obviously.

I actually really enjoyed SSX Blur, which I believe was a rehash of 3 and Tricky.

Is Mass Effect actually that big?

I mean... I know a couple of people that bum it to death but I've never really been sure if it was a big seller for the average Joe.

No need to answer me I'ma look up some sales for the first two.

I was meaning that, for me, no game will exist for a while once I get hold of ME3.

I was meaning that, for me, no game will exist for a while once I get hold of ME3.

Ditto, also the outside world may not exist for a while either.

Not me... but I AM getting it!!

Bit strange they missed a winter release date (though obviously I'd rather it be released when it's ready).

So far SSX is the only 2012 release I have a real interest in. Probably not going to get day 1, but definitely a purchase sometime during the year. I'm still worried by the rewind feature but also from the videos I've watched there seems to be very little voice acting from the characters which is a shame because I thought they were a great asset in Tricky and 3.

Gameplay vids:

Detailed look (50 mins) with gameplay. Didn't watch it all as might seem spoilerish but looks good for those interested.

Is Mass Effect actually that big?

I mean... I know a couple of people that bum it to death but I've never really been sure if it was a big seller for the average Joe.

Mass Effect is brilliant. It sold very well and won lots of awards.

Who cares about the average Joe though? This is a gaming forum...

I... ok.

I don't even remember typing that any more.

I can't remember what point I was trying to get at.

Mass Effect is brilliant. It sold very well and won lots of awards.

Who cares about the average Joe though? This is a gaming forum...

Oh too true, i regret not knowing about Mass Effect until last year. It is such a great series, and well deserved of it's awards.

Not me... but I AM getting it!!

Bit strange they missed a winter release date (though obviously I'd rather it be released when it's ready).

It is currently winter now and will still be on February 14th...

It is currently winter now and will still be on February 14th...
[/annoying]

You know what I mean, as in playing it over the Christmas period.

And Amazon has it down for March 2nd.

I simply typed it into Google which suggests the 14th. Wasn't trying to be annoying, was simply trying to be correct :p

I was just disappointed when you said not winter thinking that must mean ages away.

I'm so in the mood for this. I hate that Mt Fuji is a pre-order bonus, though. Don't trust GAME to stay afloat and have never used Gamestation, anyone know what they are like with delivering on launch day?

I'm so in the mood for this. I hate that Mt Fuji is a pre-order bonus, though. Don't trust GAME to stay afloat and have never used Gamestation, anyone know what they are like with delivering on launch day?

Gamestation are owned by the Game Group so if Game closes then Gamestation does aswell. Anyway Game will be fine for awhile yet they have been handed a lifeline.

Anyway I was looking forward to it until I just found out you cant race live head to head with people only their ghosts.

Some one tell me thats wrong because if true it went from day one to £9.99 on sale a few months down the road.

The only thing I can find are mentions of the ghost. 99.9% of the news regarding to multilpayer is "you don't need the online pass to play it".

As well as humorous comments complaining about online passes saying that they'll boycott console games and move to PC.

I watched some of the videos on PSN and I'm pretty sure it showed online racing but I can't find anything explicit.

This video seems to suggest there's more than just ghosts

Clearly a difference between ghosts (1:00) and present players (1:15). Not exactly solid proof though.

Personally I'm not really interested in the multiplayer anyway