NEurope
gaggle64

Mass Effect 3

A video I find interesting. Mainly because I used to be an Engineer in the process/packaging industry, and of course an avid gamer.....

It also illustrates the process of packaging games in standard format, DVD or normally sized games. I would imagine packaging special editions or T shirts would take either a large re-configuration of the system, or revert back to an older way of packaging games, perhaps manually?

Is shopto secretly skynet? Not a person is sight?!!!

Well to be fair im sure they cleared everyone out to make that video.

Giant Bomb have got their ME3 Quick Look up. Im not gonna watch it until ive completed the game though this time.

Well to be fair im sure they cleared everyone out to make that video.

Giant Bomb have got their ME3 Quick Look up. Im not gonna watch it until ive completed the game though this time.

Yeah I know I kid! I'm not gonna watch the quick leaver they don't care about spoilers lol.

Yeah I know I kid! I'm not gonna watch the quick leaver they don't care about spoilers lol.

I dunno, a lot of times they'll try and pick specific saves that will show stuff off without spoilers but im not taking the chance either way.

I dunno, a lot of times they'll try and pick specific saves that will show stuff off without spoilers but im not taking the chance either way.

Maybe I've not watched a lot of them in recent times...just remember a lot of them showing them in the past.

Dispatched from Amazon within the last 15 minutes, giving me the slimmest glimmer it might be here tomorrow morning. I've ordered things at almost 4pm and had them turn up unexpectedly the next day though Amazon's always been most effective and telling you when you're going to get it and getting it to right then. Still, I hope it does arrive, I've got the day off tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be waiting until Saturday evening to tuck into it properly.

Also, there seems to be an ME anime coming out, but I don’t know how official this is. There’s no official announcement as of yet I believe.. But here’s the teaser page:

http://www.masseffectparagonlost.com/

If it’s real then Production IG is behind it, which would be cool. Don't think I need to spoiler it, but just in case, it’s supposedly about:

James Vega background, so a prequel story to ME3

Any "coolness (bears)" it may have due to the company behind it is lost due to the character they're using.

Mines pre-loaded but really means feck-all as there is a release date check stopping me from playing. Email said I can play tomorrow, origin says friday. Bleh.

Please, give me a break. You may not be concerned with details, but I am. I’m sure you wouldn’t care if they shipped ME3 without actual cutscenes and just simple text descriptions between missions telling the story.

Yep, totally right. In fact, I doubt I'd even notice if they accidentally packaged a NES game instead of a PS3 disc. Because apparently people who aren't putting off playing the main game because of their main character's face are really that careless.

Pff, people aren't going to sit around waiting to start the game until a patch is rolled out. It could be days or weeks for all we know, since they gave no ETA.

How it could've shipped without this having been spotted is beyond me. Maybe they should've spent time testing it instead of making day-one DLC.

The collector's edition content is much more important than face importing.

Besides, the "Day One DLC" was announced when the pre-orders opened (back in September). Nobody complained until a few weeks ago.

It's not about face importing..... it's about quality control. I can't believe how blindly defensive you're being of the way delivery of this game is being handled. They're taking the piss out of us and you're loving it. Just because you're getting the Collectors Edition doesn't mean its right that this clearly important content is being withheld from the standard edition. A Collectors Edition should enhance your experience, not normalise it whilst the standard edition is sub-par.

Basically, you're getting the normal version of the game, and I'm getting the lite version.

Thing with developers these days is that they are fine with releasing things with bugs and will just fix it later. The testing period for games has been dramatically reduced due to being able to patch it.

Downloaded From Ashes in preparation for the arrival of the game today. Had 800 points in my account already, figured "Why the hell not?"

Will try and reproduce the face of my character though.

Edit: A person over in the US told me that there are some side quests that will auto fail if you don't do them before you reach a certain point in the story. Meh

Edited by Serebii

Mine just arrived. The box is actually much, much smaller than I was expecting (it may even fit through a post box).

The outside box is very nicely made - with one thing spoiling it. They've gone so far to make it so "Mass Effect 3" is barely visible so the main thing you see is "Collector's Edition N7" which is very nice. Then they've stuck a horribly out of place "better with Kinect Sensor" thing on it.

I haven't opened the box so that's all I actually have to talk about.

Then they've stuck a horribly out of place "better with Kinect Sensor" thing on it.

Oh god really? why do that? not everyone has Kinect or thinks it will be any better...

I got mine, t-shirt is an extra large urgh.

I got mine. Tshirt is large though! Last couple I had from shopto have been large which is better than xl. Anyway game is here, can't play because power is off whilst boiler man does electrics on that urgh.

Gah, sounds like the Shopto orders are arriving. I'll find out if mines there when i get home, if it is that is. Otherwise gotta wait for the postie or collect it from the sorting office Friday (if one of them "attempted" delivery cards is there). Not fussed on the T-shirt size, it's my mates anyway.

Edit: Shopto are putting the Warfare DLC codes on the orders this evening, fyi

Edited by Jimbob