Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Happenstance

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite like London Streets as its a relatively small map despite all the alleyways so there's not really any camping. Old Quarter and Graveyard are also decent but need to get used to the map layout. Not had a chance with Oasis so far. Treasure Hunting in general is still a pain though.

Bought this at launch, played the first level before going on holiday and when I came back Zelda and Mario 3D distracted me. Started playing it again last night - WHAT A GAME. Just so much fun to play, yeah maybe formula's becoming a little predictable - story, jumping about, shooting, story, jumping about, shooting; and I'm not mega keen on how easy it is to see what you have to jump on. But really, who cares when it's this much fun, is this well written and this glorious to look - wish I had a 3D tele!! Can't wait to play more and then get the Vita versions when I'm done!

Well I have managed to have several games on all the maps now.

To be honest......all of them are actually brilliant. Like amazingly good. Love them.

Agreed Rez had a blast playing the new maps - was playing objective on London Streets where we were fighting over territory in the pub some fantastic shoots out were to be had!

• 4 weeks later...

1.11 looks like a great patch. Not released yet but will probably tempt me back for some more multiplayer.

The Lab returns and we begin the playlist with a T-bolt/Pistole only map. We will be rolling out other game types as the year progresses.

The Lab will contain treasure drops from whatever the base game type is (the T-bolt/Pistole map is considered Team Deathmatch)

Elimination Mode has been added.

Elimination mode will contain treasure drops from Team Deathmatch

Message of the Day returns – a daily message will pop up with news, tips, and other information

The following custom game settings are now available via a menu in Custom Game mode called “Advanced Settings”

Respawn Time

Buddy Spawning toggle

Health Multiplier – by percentage

Sprinting toggle

Weapon Mode (Default, Basic Weapons, Pistols, RPG-7)

Medal Kickbacks toggle

Boosters toggle

Grenade Throw Back toggle

If you leave a game, disconnect, or turn off your PS3 mid-game, it will be counted as a loss.

Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes

The technical hooks to make the Game of the Year edition (EU) work properly with DLC were added

The Long Ranger Medal can now be earned by achieving 3 kills at 50 meters in a match instead of 3 kills at 70 meters.

In Team Deathmatch mode the Airstrip and London maps now are listed with “No Intro” variations. If these variations are selected you’ll start those maps with no convoy events.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Similar to patch 1.09 all cinema files created pre-patch 1.11 will no longer work once patch 1.11 is released. Therefore if you want to preserve your cinema files please be sure to upload them to YouTube BEFORE downloading and installing patch 1.09. Do it now!

Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes

What a dumb move....they are basically the only modes I ever play, does this pre-existing kills in these modes?....in which case my stats will be non-existant.

• 2 weeks later...

All Uncharted 2 DLC is going to be free.

When the PS Store updates today, everyone worldwide will be able to download the following DLC content for Uncharted 2 absolutely free of charge:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – Drake’s Fortune MP Pack

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – Golden Guns

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – Sidekick Skin Pack

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – Siege Expansion Pack

This free Uncharted 2 DLC program will run until the digital launch of the two titles on 27th June. Once the PS Store updates on 27th June, all this DLC will only be available via purchase on the PS Store or when you buy the digital version of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition. Mark your calendar for 27th June and be sure to practice your witty comebacks, daring leaps, and fortune hunting tactics as Nathan Drake’s first two blockbuster hits will be just a download and a button press away!

• 2 months later...

Ooooh might have to get back into this!

Uncharted 3′s Biggest Patch Ever Detailed

When we announced Uncharted 3 we set out to make the multiplayer component as robust and compelling as any multiplayer game out there. We took lessons learned from our summer beta and used them for our launch. Since launch, new design ideas and community feedback have been applied to every patch we’ve released. We’re now on patch lucky number 13 and we’ve planted some fresh ideas deep into the game. Patch 1.13 for Uncharted 3 multiplayer has been months in the making and it’s our biggest patch ever.

Patch 1.13 will be available today, 7th August. If you’re not a fan of reading, check out the patch notes video below for a full rundown of what’s included. We wanted to give you some quick highlights on some of the new exciting content you can expect when you download the patch.

We have unique, brand new multiplayer DLC that will start rolling out to users as part of the PS Store updates starting on 15th August. The upcoming DLC can be unlocked either by earning the necessary in-game levels, completing specific treasure sets, or if you’d rather unlock a certain item quickly you can purchase it in the PS Store. Check out the teaser video below to check out fresh new content we’re adding (137 pieces to be exact!).

Another major aspect of this patch is that we’re introducing a whole new feature to Uncharted 3 multiplayer. The Tournament System ushers in a points-based competition that has three reward tiers which grant you special in-game weapons or items based on how well you played. Once you unlock a weapon or item it’s yours to use until the next tournament period.

You can buy into a tournament using tournament tickets. You’ll always carry a balance of ten tickets per tournament period but you will be able to purchase more via the PS Store. A tournament leaderboard will be added to the leaderboards section so you can track your skill level among your friends. For a look at the specifics and rules of the tournament system, we have an in-depth video on IGN alongside a QA with Robert Cogburn, lead multiplayer designer, and Robert Ryan, gameplay designer, discussing more on tournaments, all the new DLC and why multiplayer continues to be so important to the team. We’ll also have a detailed post about the tournament system over on NaughtyDog.com later this week.

While all of this great new content is rolling out today, we’re very excited to announce that new experimental block mesh maps are coming to The Lab after patch 1.13 releases. Block mesh maps are maps of coloured block mesh that have been designed by imaginative artists here at Naughty Dog to provide some wild and distinct multiplayer gameplay. We’ll be posting a schedule for the upcoming labs in the near future so be on the lookout over on NaughtyDog.com.

While new Labs, new DLC and the Tournament System are the major elements of patch 1.13, there’s a laundry list of other changes and improvements we made to the multiplayer experience and you can see the full list of features and gameplay changes on the Naughty Dog blog. We’ll also be updating our blog weekly from 14th August to 4th September with the full list of DLC items as they come available in the PS Store.

As always fire away with some comments to let us know what you think and any questions you might have. See you online!

• 2 weeks later...

Plunder is hilarious. Rez and I played it almost constantly on Uncharted 2 and we were always disappointed if we didn't win a love game because it meant we couldn't say 'oh, guys, that must be a bit embarrassing' (referring to the That Was Embarrassing medal). Cracking humour.

Plunder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Team Objective.

I ran a 16k/3d/4a game yesterday. I partly thank silver Cloaked, I partly thank a straight round circuit of the map with Shotgun and then when I arrive back at shotgun-spawn, it is back. So I do it all again.

What's your thoughts on all the microtransactions ND doing? Basically you can use real cash to buy stuff like taunts, custom items for skins as well as the special modded weapons instead of grinding for treasures. Not a huge fan of it as some might have spent hours trying to unlock a special weapon or skin only for it to be available for 99p. Seems like ND are just trying to milk more money.