NEurope
Aimless

Tomb Raider

More info and scans:

NAG Magazine

• Her mentor Roth weilds dual pistols
  • Lara says "shit" alot
  • Certain areas of the island will be blocked until Lara's abilities have improved
  • They're creating multiple paths to get to one destination
  • Cutscenes are cinematically mocapped, but Lara's in game animations are hand animated
  • Lara worked in a pub before going on the expedition

q95oq.th.jpgu0pbg.th.jpgbcffn.th.jpghbezh.th.jpgnvbqn.th.jpgcun9r.th.jpgs0qgl.th.jpg

GAMEPLAY magazine

page15y.th.jpgpage25o.th.jpgpage35yj.th.jpgpage45t.th.jpgpage55u.th.jpg

Edited by Dante

plz cud u spoiler tag. My PC is getting raped.

I have put them as thumbnails.

Lara worked in a pub?!wtf......doesn't sound like the posh upper class lara we have known in the past,MAJOR REBOOT CONFIRMED

We've known this was a reboot since the first information was leaked, so it's not that shocking. :heh:

It's strange how they're trickling all the details out through European game mags. Didn't anyone tell them print is dead?

We've known this was a reboot since the first information was leaked, so it's not that shocking. :heh:

errr....yeah i know I was kidding...

It's strange how they're trickling all the details out through European game mags. Didn't anyone tell them print is dead?

So is Tomb Raider but its certainly not stopping them

Here's an excerpt from the main theme:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It's certainly different to the traditional title music. Not to say I don't like the sound of it, although the latter part wouldn't be out of place in Prince of Persia. I'll reserve judgement until the full track is released, though.

Ok, I'll bite.

I don't get it.

Cheap shot iPhone joke?

Edited by Shorty

They're two stills from a CGI trailer that will air on GTTV next week.

Personally I'd rather people stuck to in-engine trailers; all a pre-rendered video tells me is that you had a couple of million dollars to burn.

I wont pay any attention to the CGI trailer, E3 is one week away and we'll get all the lovely in game footage we crave, well I crave.

550w_gaming_tombraider_2.jpg

................Its getting to the point that even if this game is good....I'm not sure if I want to play it.

(I should clarify that if this game is good, then I do really want to play it....obv Unch is the best, but something copying it, if done well should still be good) thats if I can stomach it.

but something copying it

The two biggest things are the free roaming and "gritty/violent" aspects. It sounds very different to Uncharted.

I'd even say that the Uncharted games look closer to Tomb Raider Legend/Underworld (two great games) than this one does.

They're two stills from a CGI trailer that will air on GTTV next week.

Personally I'd rather people stuck to in-engine trailers; all a pre-rendered video tells me is that you had a couple of million dollars to burn.

The Assassin's Creed Brotherhood trailer was pretty cool, though. Set up a real feel for the game.

What I'll never understand (it's what threw me earlier) is why every single screenshot gets posted all over the internet the moment it appears. It's not like there's much to take from it. Wait til we have some real footage, and something a bit beyond scanned magazine articles and speculation.

Edited by Shorty

obv Unch is the best, but something copying it

Am I missing something? Has Uncharted been around since before the PS1 era? I must have been out of the loop ::shrug:

They're really reeling in all the clichés for this... "A Survivor is Born", "I knew what I must become", "I went looking for adventure, but adventure found me" (wat).

I'd like to see some gameplay, and I think this could be great, but that trailer just gives you so little. It's little more than a waste of money.

Also Fall 2012! And we had hopes for late this year...

That particularly was the biggest disappointment for me coming off of watching that trailer. I thought it was gonna be out this fall but I guess Squeenix have seen fit to give it as much time as possible and push it out of Uncharted 3's release window so people like Rez can stop bitching about it and how it's just copying Uncharted, blah, blah, blah.

I'm sure we'll get some gameplay next week and I do hope it lives up to what we've been seeing briefly and hearing because it actually does have some serious potential. Never really been hyped for a Tomb Raider game but this definitely has me hoping that it turns out well.

They're really reeling in all the clichés for this... "A Survivor is Born", "I knew what I must become", "I went looking for adventure, but adventure found me" (wat).

I'd like to see some gameplay, and I think this could be great, but that trailer just gives you so little. It's little more than a waste of money.

I thought exactly the same thing as I was watching it. I've always thought this about expensive trailers that have no place in the game. This will likely just end up somewhere dumb like as a vid if you don't press start on the start menu...

Personally I thought this was by far the best thing in Microsofts press conference.

Looked brilliant, and different enough from Uncharted. Will make for a great alternative in 2012.