NEurope
Aimless

Tomb Raider

Camilla Luddington has been confirmed as the new voice of Lara Croft.

You may remember her as one of the many women who have been naked on Californication.

I knew I recognised her voice from somewhere but I didn't make the connection until reading that. Seems obvious now.

She's played Kate Middleton in something apparently... though I guess that passed me by.

I can't tell you ho relieved I am that it's retaining the elements of supernatural/occult that give the series it's flavour. Looking grand. Hopefully Square-Enix won't fuck it up with horrible marketing, a la' Hitman.

Multiplayer details

- They wanted multiplayer, but didn't want it to disrupt their team. So they got someone else to make it.

- You can set up booby traps like exploding ammo and lightning rods.

- Looks a lot like Uncharted, however it also looks much faster than Uncharted with bigger levels - climbing around also looks a lot faster.

- Zachary Levi is a playable character.

I'm glad they went with the black-haired clean-shaven look he had in Chuck.

Have you played beta already? I saw trailer and it looks great. I'm thinking about buying it as a preorder.

Is anyone picking this up then? The review embargo ends in an hour or so and we will see what the media has to say about it.

I'm feeling quite positive about what i've seen so far. Sure, it doesn't look like the usual tomb raiding that we are used to, but it does look like it could be a decent game.

I've got my preorder at Shopto for £31, lets see if it's worth keeping.

I've pre-ordered it (£19.95 at ShopTo). I have a feeling that I'm going to enjoy it, no matter what the reviews say.

I have the collector's edition pre-ordered, but ready to be cancelled if the reviews are poor. I loved the Tomb Raider series as a kid, and whilst I don't expect this to recapture how much I enjoyed TRI and II, the franchise still has enough of a place in my gaming history to warrant my automatic attention. If reviews are middling I might cancel and get a standard edition at least.

I think the delays are a good sign. If a game is delayed because the developers feel it just wasn't ready, or needed more time, that usually means a more polished product. Instead of rushing it out buggy and half finished to meet some deadline.

Edit Reviews:

Kotaku (Yes)

IGN (9.1)

Gametrailers (8.5)

PSU (90%)

Eurogamer (8/10)

That'll do pig. That'll do.

Edited by Shorty

Preordered from Steam (which is unusual for me) so I hope I don't end up regretting it.

I never put down pre-orders on games (just usually pick them up on the day or further down the line) but I stuck a pre-order down on this after all the previews which came out a few weeks/months back which were pretty much all glowing and through the small bits of media I'd seen of the game.

It's good to see then that the final game is just as good as those previews suggest. Very excited to actually sit down and play the game now.

Just a shame that it's out next week rather than this week :(

Preordered from Steam (which is unusual for me) so I hope I don't end up regretting it.

If you don't care about the pro-order bonuses there, you can get the PC version from ShopTo for just under £20.

If you don't care about the pro-order bonuses there, you can get the PC version from ShopTo for just under £20.

Can I cancel my Steam preorder though? It cost more from Shopto when I ordered it from Steam, they only dropped the prices recently.

Edit: Need to submit a support ticket I think.

Edited by Ike

Gamereactor gave it an 8 (and 7 on the Danish site).

I don't think this game is for me now that I've read some reviews. It seems to have too much focus on guns and action rather than stealth and exploration. I'm very disappointed that the main set of weapons is

bow, pistol, shotgun, and machine gun.

Really? That sound very boring to me in some way.

I'll probably pick it up when it's cheap.

Definitely getting this, but will buy it in a few months when I've cleared some other games. Great to here it's getting decent reviews!

Here's IGN's Video Review...

Edited by Retro_Link

Just read a positively glowing review of this on PA Report, to whit:

Tomb Raider is a game that explains how a young woman named Lara Croft transitioned from one stage of her life into the next. It’s a story of trauma, violence, ability, and potential. Tomb Raider successfully re-introduces us to the character of Lara Croft, the game explains how she became the hero and adventurer we came to love, and sets the stage for her next adventure. It’s a strong game with a satisfying beginning, middle, and end. It’s also one of the best games of the year.

Definitely a purchase, once I've finished Deus Ex.

It can't really explain how she became the hero and adventurer we came to love when it's a reboot with a new timeline, though.

I'm glad it seems the game is good, but sad that I'll probably lose access to my gaming computer the day after it's released. :sad:

Really good review over on polygon looks like it's one to get, which if in honest really wasn't expecting