N-Europe

Festivals 2011!

Murr

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah as long as you are on Ticketmaster and refresh just before 9 you're pretty much guaranteed to get them.

I wasn't even referring to 'official' ways. There's always tickets available from people desperate to flog them and the majority for the same price as buying from Ticketmaster. Last time I got tickets, I bought them for 3 quarters the price of normal sale.

I'm quite liking the headliners, I'm just hoping def leppard is friday as that is the day I can't go :P

Then your're in luck, as they are the Friday Headliners.

Pendulum for me Friday night :)

apparently the sub band on Friday mainstage is meant to be mind blowing, and they are holding back the announcement.

It's going to have to be pretty special to make up for the disappointment of booking Def Leppard again so soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Just seen the Reading & Leeds line-up courtesy of Steve (from New Found Glory) tumblr.

I like the look of Friday ( Deftones, Offspring, New found glory <3) and I'm always willing to watch 30seconds to Mars and Rise against.

and a fair few bands I like on Sunday too (Enter Shikari, Taking Back Sunday)

but it doesn't have the "Wow" factor this year, and neither does Download.

I think Sonisphere have the best British festival lineup this year.... so far anyway.

Yeah there's a few bands I like on the line up. But I'm not interested in going, it might sound rich because I've never been to a music festival, but Reading & Leeds seem to appeal to a more mainstream kind of crowd. Which sounds a bit naff, what I'm trying to say is people go to Reading & Leeds because it's cool, it's a done thing. Not because they particularly like the bands who are playing.

Hence how bands like The Kings Leon and The Strokes can or have headlined when they're not really that great.

Yeah there's a few bands I like on the line up. But I'm not interested in going, it might sound rich because I've never been to a music festival, but Reading & Leeds seem to appeal to a more mainstream kind of crowd. Which sounds a bit naff, what I'm trying to say is people go to Reading & Leeds because it's cool, it's a done thing. Not because they particularly like the bands who are playing.

Hence how bands like The Kings Leon and The Strokes can or have headlined when they're not really that great.

You don't think Kings Of Leon are that great?

:bowdown:

I thought I was alone.

I can't really stand them.

You don't think Kings Of Leon are that great?

:bowdown:

I thought I was alone.

I can't really stand them.

Average at best. : peace:

I've only just noticed I called them "The Kings Leon" xD...What train of thought was I on when I typed that.

I think you mistook Leeds & Reading for Glastonbury

Both are as bad as each other. Though Glastonbury has become more of a pop festival which old people go to so they can feel youthful again.

Spot on. I still want to go though, one day. Probably when I'm old and want to feel youthful again.

Re: R&L lineup. Looks pretty great. I'd pay the cash just for Muse / Strokes / Death from Above 1979 / The National. Classic weird lineup though, DFA1979 should have a better spot, considering it's (almost) the first time they'll have played england for like 10 years or whatever. And I dunno what Friendly Fires are doing on the mainstage, even if I do love them.

But I'm not going. 3 years on the trot, didn't particularly enjoy last year, too many arsey 17 year olds, as the cliché goes. Didn't help that we were in a crap camping spot. And my x girl was in a whiny mood the entire festival. And we got chucked out for throwing scotch eggs.

Really impressed by Sonisphere and Leeds Fest line-ups, I picked a good year to start going to festivals. :)

Muse have also confirmed that for Leeds/Reading, they'll be celebrating 10 years of Origin of Symmetry. They also have a special stage prepared for the two gigs, which should be awesome considering the precedent set by the stages on the Resistance Tour.

We're very pleased to announce that Muse will be headlining this year's Reading and Leeds festivals. The band will close the main stage on Friday August 26th in Leeds and on Sunday August 28th in Reading.

At the festival, to celebrate 10 years since the release of Origin Of Symmetry, Muse will be playing songs from this album alongside others spanning their career to date. Not only this, but they'll also be bringing a whole new stage production that will only be used for these two performances.

http://muse.mu/news/article/749/muse-to-headline-reading-and-leeds-festival/

Reading lineup looks alright but this:

But I'm not going. 3 years on the trot, didn't particularly enjoy last year, too many arsey 17 year olds, as the cliché goes. Didn't help that we were in a crap camping spot.

is spot on for me. After 3 years of awesome. Though I am considering getting a Sunday ticket for Reading.. Elbow, Muse, Frank Turner (on the main stage!), Friendly Fires and Panic! At The Disco? Yes please!

I'm loving the look of the line up, all the headliners, but at the age of 20 I feel too old for the festival itself. Too many 16/17 year olds acting like twats. Would buy a day ticket for Muse but it works out as over £90 for the day, which is frankly ridiculous. 3 years ago I only paid £65 for one day. Bloody booking fees/postage etc.

I think the bands a very hit and miss, not enough of the same type that people will like in one go, if that makes any sense O.o

I'd love to see Strokes, Bombay Bicycle Club who I have yet to see but really want to. As well as PATD! Enter Shikari, Taking Back Sunday, Rise Against, and a couple of others who I've already seen, but other than that there are quite a few bands I don't really care about. I like Muse but I saw them when they last headlined I'm pretty sure so meh.

Glad my phase of going to Reading Festival is also over.

Glastonbury is still a dream.

Reading lineup looks alright but this:

is spot on for me. After 3 years of awesome. Though I am considering getting a Sunday ticket for Reading.. Elbow, Muse, Frank Turner (on the main stage!), Friendly Fires and Panic! At The Disco? Yes please!

Mmmm I was thinking of doing this too. If it was £20 cheaper I'd definitely do it. £80 seems a little too much, especially when travelling is factored in... gah. Definitely the best day though. Would genuinely love to see Panic! (I enjoy how we've both kept the exclamation mark). Make sure you catch Death From Above 1979 if you do go, newly reformed and I'd imagine brilliant live.

They've re-earnt their ! with their newest album. Panic At The Disco and Panic! At The Disco are two completely different bands in my mind (and on my iTunes :D).

£100 does seem like a lot, but if you factor in Muse tickets normally being £45+, and Elbow being £35ish you've almost paid for the ticket with those two bands alone. P!ATD, FT, FF and everyone else more than makes up for it, and at least you get to experience the festival vibe.

Not heard of DFA1979, what're they like?