N-Europe

MetaBISH Thread

jayseven

This thread is for discussions around the BISH and how it operates. If you aren't sure about the validity of someone else's BISH, or if you think there's a room for interpretation due to semantics, or if you think that it is worth debating over what constitutes a book, then please use this thread to sum up your points on the matter and reach a conclusion of sorts!

I'm sure this thread won't be all too busy, I'd just rather have it so that when I see a new post in the BISH thread, it's more likely to be BISHes!

Edited by jayseven

I'm cool with the books one, and with the God-proof one - only if everyone is.

Technically eenuh's one is a wee bit illegal, but unless someone wants to do the same emoticon but with reallife hearts (as in, not photoshopped. Please do not harm any people or animals in the production of your BISHes. Unless they ask for it.) then they'll STEAAALLL eenuh's points, like big bastard meanies!

Eenuh that bundle of joy is awesome :D Love it! Don't worry about redoing the emoticon, I doubt anyone will steal the points.

ReZ some hilarious entries there, top notch :)

RE: Comic books; honestly I think the intention was for the BISH to be books and unfortunately we've found a loophole. SHRUGZ. I don't know. Do we need a metaBISH thread to talk these things over?

The way I see it....comic books has "books" in it.

Also....I own the Harry Potter books and thats it, so *ones like that* would be impossible for me...lol. ~more specifically the three editions of one book one....although thats probably very hard for everyone tbf~

The way I see it....comic books has "books" in it.

Also....I own the Harry Potter books and thats it, so *ones like that* would be impossible for me...lol. ~more specifically the three editions of one book one....although thats probably very hard for everyone tbf~

Just go to the library.

You don't have to own them...

Depends on the library and the book. Books like pride and prejudice are out of copywrite so different publishers produce the book, with different prefaces and annotations/footnotes (footnotes to help explain disused terms, etc). Some libraries cater for this and provide alternate editions.

Should I make a metaBISH thread/

I'm loving this (my first BISH)... I was rooting through my coins to see if I could make up the shield of arms and one of my £1 coins had a dragon on it. I instantly thought "Oh wait, that's a BISH! Yes!!".

Same goes for when I was in Asda the other day. Totally not looking for bishes and yet I saw a pink fluffy christmas tree for £7 and my first thought was 'That's a BISH that is!'.

Seems like cheating to avoid the 20pt fine! :heh:

You mean I'm trying to use two? By "it's not part of my Bish" I meant that only the shoulder blade thing from my previous post counts towards the thing other ne-ers can't do(maybe you didn't see that post). The finger thing is just curiosity, I can move it here if you'd like.

Ah I didn't see that you had submitted already ;) apologies.

I have a question, how strict is the dvd/game/book tower one because a lot of my books are at my parents... leant some games out :heh:

I realise you have no way of knowing if it really is all of them but....

Edited by Shorty