Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Spanish

Deap

I understand a little spoken, and fair bit more written with help from having Italian as a second language. I can only speak minimally though. If I had the time (which I don't, due to my life being dominated by a science degree) I'd quite like to learn it properly.

Un poco, estay estudiando en un clase pero no puedo hablar mucho! Me cuesta acordar el vocabulario!

I only saw two mistakes. Nice! :)

Solo he visto dos errores. ¡Bien! :)

-This was probably just a typo, but it's "estoy", not "estay";

-It's "una clase", not "un".

And I'm not sure about this, but I think it might be "acordar del vocabulario", but I'm not sure. It might be one of those arbitrarily different things in Portuguese&Spanish, perhaps.

I'm portuguese, and I have Venezuelan family, so it might be cheating... but yes, I do.

Ahora, yo te pregunto: ¿Como demonios se hace la "?" invertida en un teclado Portugués? Tuve que usar el Google Traductor para lo copiar.

no se la verdad, casi nunca la usamos.

i really dont know, we never use it.

btw

i can understand portuguese(brazilian)

no se la verdad, casi nunca la usamos.

i really dont know, we never use it.

btw

i can understand portuguese(brazilian)

Did you use google translate for that or something? It's somewhate accurate, but that should be:

En verdad no lo se.

What you wrote means I don't know the truth.

Se percebes mesmo Português, o Espanhol torna-se bastante acessível.

Did you use google translate for that or something? It's somewhate accurate, but that should be:

En verdad no lo se.

I thought it was just odd grammar + bad punctuation on Deap's part (like "No se. La verdad es, casi nunca la usamos").

I'm assuming that Deap lives in Canada, but has some connection to Mexico (maybe born there, or lived there for a while), which means his Spanish may be rusty and/or rough, hence the odd expression (or incorrect grammar, in case you're right).

Either way, that doesn't sound like something that Google Translator came up with.

I agree about the Portuguese/Spanish thing. Portuguese -> Spanish is easier than the other way around.

I only saw two mistakes. Nice! :)

Solo he visto dos errores. ¡Bien! :)

-This was probably just a typo, but it's "estoy", not "estay";

-It's "una clase", not "un".

And I'm not sure about this, but I think it might be "acordar del vocabulario", but I'm not sure. It might be one of those arbitrarily different things in Portuguese&Spanish, perhaps.

In fact both of those mistakes were typos :p I know that clase is feminine and that it is estoy estas esta(with accent) etc.

I was in a rush so I wrote it quickly and didn't check. I apologise!

As for the last point about "del", I honestly don't know.

In fact both of those mistakes were typos :p I know that clase is feminine and that it is estoy estas esta(with accent) etc.

I was in a rush so I wrote it quickly and didn't check. I apologise!

Even better, then! :grin:

As for the last point about "del", I honestly don't know.

::shrug: Will our doubts remain?

Any reason why your asking?

I'd like to speak Spanish but it wouldn't exactly be at the top of my list. I'm able to speak French and Irish though :D

I'm so looking forward to next year, I'm planning on doing Applied Languages, yes I know it sounds very pish-posh :p, in college. So I'll hopefully be fluent in French and Spanish/German and know some Japanese for good measure.

But I would love to learn Italian and/or Russian. Beautiful languages :D

Edited by Frank

Complete opposites, those two. One is incredibly mellifluous and the other is pure aggression. Cool!

Thank you :) IIRC, I remember seeing a photo of you on this forum. You seemed quite tanned so I'm guessing you're Spanish/Portuguese/from some sunny country? Sounds pretty wired, just curious though :laughing:

Though I've always loved the Italian language I wish I could say the same for Russian but it's actually only recently that I've wanted to learn it.

I'm nearly sure that it's because of how Angelina Jolie speaks Russian in Salt :p

Thank you :) IIRC, I remember seeing a photo of you on this forum. You seemed quite tanned so I'm guessing you're Spanish/Portuguese/from some sunny country? Sounds pretty wired, just curious though :laughing:

Though I've always loved the Italian language I wish I could say the same for Russian but it's actually only recently that I've wanted to learn it.

I'm nearly sure that it's because of how Angelina Jolie speaks Russian in Salt :p

Yeah, he's Portuguese.

I will most likely learn German next. Other languages I'd love to learn properly are Russian and Japanese.

En verdad no lo se.

my first language is spanish:laughing:

I thought it was just odd grammar + bad punctuation on Deap's part (like "No se. La verdad es, casi nunca la usamos").

I'm assuming that Deap lives in Canada, but has some connection to Mexico (maybe born there, or lived there for a while), which means his Spanish may be rusty and/or rough, hence the odd expression (or incorrect grammar, in case you're right).

Either way, that doesn't sound like something that Google Translator came up with.

I agree about the Portuguese/Spanish thing. Portuguese -> Spanish is easier than the other way around.

i born in mexico but i move to canada for my studies because i wanna stay here after them(been 1 year in canada)

i had a Nice live in mexico but you know, the actual situation in mexico is very dangerous(drugs).

:D

if anyone want to learn some spanish

hit me up on skype : Dannieel92

i wanna learn that british accent =)

Edited by Deap
Automerged Doublepost