Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

iOS Gaming Thread

flameboy

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Square Enix are off to release a free comic/anime inspired game called Imaginary Range. No news about in app purchases or such but I would imagine it will cost money to unlock new comic issues/pages and from the sounds of it the game play may actually be restricted to purely minigames. Wonder if maybe you can unlock comic sections by playing the minigames but it takes forever and thats how they make their money by making you feel like paying for them instead.

People saying it reminds them of he World Ends with You Nice. looking though I guess:

199742-ir.jpg

Square Enix has just relvealed a new iPhone/iPad title called Imaginary Range. It will be released on May 5th and will be free.

The game is set in France following the invasion of a giant creature known as Omega. Characters Cid and Shera go to France to learn the purpose of Omega, says Andriasang.

There's not much information on actual gameplay yet. It seems that minigames are uncovered as the story progresses. The game also has a Comic mode that lets you advance through the story in comic-style frames, some with moving elements.

Famitsu.com has plenty of screenshots of this upcoming iOS game. The art in the comic panels are great. It's too bad that we can't tell much about the gameplay from the three game screens.

A release for Android devices is planned for a later date.

http://www.destructoid.com/imaginary-range-a-new-square-enix-ios-game-199742.phtml

s303_ZTSYv97cf68C59VUPm4t5H3vroiTVTql.jpg

s323_IIH2n57kuCmB1s9d7c56447Lny31nPiU.jpg

s314_KHPKtCX1c8d1CQgDxkcBO6fY8RWRL4Gj.jpg

s324_LTx6919WxD638xeIx1JV9OOngUS1kWv2.jpg

s304_FXv7LhZD1h25mch5yxOmAW5Fjwrz7735.jpg

How can anyone not buy it after that?!

He is spot on though! It's incredible!

Also another cracking game thats just been released that I've been enjoying;

Sure its "just" a ball rolling game, but its brilliant fantastic graphics, amazing setting and for launch its just 59p!!!!! Sort it out and download it now!

How can anyone not buy it after that?!

Well I couldn't. Mainly because it's called Sword and Sworcery, not Swords and Sorcery so I couldn't find it :heh: I was searching for "Swords" and the result was about 10 down and called "Superbrothers: Swo..."

He is spot on though! It's incredible!

Also another cracking game thats just been released that I've been enjoying;

Sure its "just" a ball rolling game, but its brilliant fantastic graphics, amazing setting and for launch its just 59p!!!!! Sort it out and download it now!

Do you have to be holding the iPhone at a specific angle to play this? The problem I seem to remember having with Monkey Ball was that if you were sitting up and holding it at the proper angle it was a total pain.

Do you have to be holding the iPhone at a specific angle to play this? The problem I seem to remember having with Monkey Ball was that if you were sitting up and holding it at the proper angle it was a total pain.

In all honesty the tilt controls can kinda be a pain when you need to be precise but the one finger touch controls are sublime and more than make up for it.

It's metroid, but you can't leave morph ball mode!

Cool game though.

Agreed. It's stunning.

Although Inifinity Blade was the defining OMG moment on IOS for me.

Indeed it was. And it's a brilliant concept, really... but I believe that this is the first "flawless" game designed specifically for the platform. Infinity blade was a great concept executed with great expertise, but I felt it lacked a certain something, don't really know what... Superbrothers is just an absolute gem. Felt like I was re-discovering Braid all over again.

But yeah, the iOS is coming along nicely! (if you count ports then it already has it's share of fantastic games, really... world of goo, le chuck's revenge, osmos, plants vs zombies, peggle, Canabalt, etc etc etc, not to mention the ones it gave birth to like Zen Bound, Spider, iBlast Moki, Drop7, Squareball, Cut the rope, Geared,Fruit Ninja which I can't stop playing even though I don't understand why, Tiny Wings and even that Loco Roco clone, Rolando!)

I don't get Angry Birds though. Really don't. It's... kind of cool I guess... but I just don't get it's meteoric rise to fame and acclaim.

It's metroid, but you can't leave morph ball mode!

Cool game though.

Indeed it was. And it's a brilliant concept, really... but I believe that this is the first "flawless" game designed specifically for the platform. Infinity blade was a great concept executed with great expertise, but I felt it lacked a certain something, don't really know what... Superbrothers is just an absolute gem. Felt like I was re-discovering Braid all over again.

But yeah, the iOS is coming along nicely! (if you count ports then it already has it's share of fantastic games, really... world of goo, le chuck's revenge, osmos, plants vs zombies, peggle, Canabalt, etc etc etc, not to mention the ones it gave birth to like Zen Bound, Spider, iBlast Moki, Drop7, Squareball, Cut the rope, Geared,Fruit Ninja which I can't stop playing even though I don't understand why, Tiny Wings and even that Loco Roco clone, Rolando!)

I don't get Angry Birds though. Really don't. It's... kind of cool I guess... but I just don't get it's meteoric rise to fame and acclaim.

agreed on superbrothers, I just hope the same guys produce more games that are up there in terms of quality. I loved Infinity Blade but for me Superbrothers shits all over in terms of being the game for ios. All the games you outlined are great games I too own and yes angry birds is ok but don't get the fuss so much....tons of other games out there are better and angry birds has never been my go to game when I need something to do for 5 mins.

Whilst we are here I'm gonna chuck a few other titles into the mix

thief lupin- a fun platformer where you work you way up through floors of buildings to complete them. Each floor is effectively a single screen of a platformer and if you fair it just dumps you back at the beginning of that floor. Instant restart helps keep it going. Also its free and you can use in app purchases to make your progress in the game easier.

mzl.lmugmimg.320x480-75.jpg

time geeks- a find the character game tons of geek references that I don't wanna wreck.

Time%20Geeks%20-%202.jpg

time-geeks-find-all-hd_5.jpg

monkey labour- awesome game and watch/lcd clone game. so much fun in a very old school way.

Launch-monkey-labour1-660x495.png

also pop caps latest which is free unpleasant horse

Same here. The game bores me to tears, I just don't understand why people like it (unless it gets infinitely better!!). Some things blow my mind, the popularity of this and how Russell Brand gets used in ANY film being two of them!

• 2 weeks later...

Recently downloaded first touch soccer. It's made by X2 games the guys who made that football game which first hit the iphone/app store. It shits all over fifa in terms of how fluent it plays and best of all its just 59p for a limited time only as a launch bonus!

• 1 month later...

So Swords and Sworcery is on sale to celebrate the Summer Solstice. Also the soundtrack has gone pay what you want which for anyone who doesn't already own it is a must own. You can get it from here:

http://jimguthrie.bandcamp.com/

Either pay nothing at all (truly nothing at all not one of those where you still pay a processing fee) or anything starting from 50 cents (Canadian)

Shameless plug coming up but we've actually got a decent game on the app store! Sonic and SEGA Racing has just come out and I picked out an introductory price of $1.99. For that money it's well worth a try, only staying like that for a few days so get it now!

Shameless plug coming up but we've actually got a decent game on the app store! Sonic and SEGA Racing has just come out and I picked out an introductory price of $1.99. For that money it's well worth a try' date=' only staying like that for a few days so get it now![/quote']

you work for Sega?

Anyway my pick of the week of new releases is 1 bit Ninja, looks like an old school gameboy game;

and freemium title to Tiny Towers love the art style:

I think i'll have to get Tiny Tower, I like the art style as well and its reminding me of Sim Tower.

I love it! So much fun on it. The people are the game without a doubt love the bitbook which is like facebook. lol its awesome.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!