NEurope
Retro_Link

House of the Dead: Overkill 2 (RUMOUR)

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=14527

Rumour: House Of The Dead: Overkill 2 Coming?

Could a sequel to the 2009 grindhouse style shooter be in development?

Apparently sources close to SEGA have revealed to Nintendo Life that a sequel to the popular on-rails shooter is in development for an early or mid 2011 release.

House of the Dead: Overkill was greeted with good reviews and left players wanting more. Producer Neil McEwan from Headstrong Games said last year that they would be up for doing another entry in the series should they get the green light.

No details for the follow up got mentioned, aside from the codename being "House of the Dead: Overkill 2". When contacted for confirmation, SEGA replied with a standard "No comment on rumours and speculation".

Stay with N-Europe for more details.

Would be great news if true!! :D

I think the chances are highly increased because I can see the sequel going multiplatform with the MOVE aswell, maybe with the first game being a pre-order/collectors edition bonus for PS3 owners. Not sure if Kinect would get a version? unless maybe you bitch slap the zombies with arm gestures!

When I read the title on the main page I was thinking maybe a Halloween 2011 release, but seems it may come sooner!

Edited by Retro_Link

I'd be more than happy with a sequel as I had great fun blasting through House of the Dead: Overkill :hehe:

Goregasm :grin:

Overkill sold quite well, especially considering its budget, yes? If so, than I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if a sequel was in development.

Fuck yeah! :bouncy:

Overkill sold quite well, especially considering its budget, yes? If so, than I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if a sequel was in development.
Yeah, but considering millions of mother fuckers decided to pirate the first game rather than fucking buy it, :mad: I'm actually quite fucking surprised that a fucking sequel could be in the fucking works. :grin:

Pleasantly surprised though... obviously. :heh:

Yeah, but considering millions of mother fuckers decided to pirate the first game rather than fucking buy it

Fuckers...

Hell yeah, motherfucker! :yay:

They were just waiting for me to play the first one to announce the fucking sequel. As soon, as I complete Director's Cut, we'll get the motherfucking details.

I get the feeling they'll beat the mother fucking record and set a new fucking standard if they fucking tried.

I wanted to join in...

I haven't even fucking played Overkill yet. I played House of the fucking dead: 2 and 3 returns or whatever round my fucking friend's house and loved it.

May need to purchase overkill or I might just fucking wait for Overkill 2, though it's just a fucking rumour for now...

I haven't even fucking played Overkill yet. I played House of the fucking dead: 2 and 3 returns or whatever round my fucking friend's house and loved it.

May need to purchase overkill or I might just fucking wait for Overkill 2, though it's just a fucking rumour for now...

Get your fucking ass online, and fucking buy mother fucking Overkill right fucking now!! It can be found pretty fucking cheap and you won't regret it mother fucker!!

£9.99 @Play.com, here's a fucking link:

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/8228823/The-House-Of-The-Dead-Overkill/Product.html

£9.99? There's no fucking excuse not to snap that up now!

Except that it says awaiting fucking stock :( got it ordered anyway, just need to fucking wait!

Thank you very fucking much

From reading this thread, you guys have probably sent me to hell.
Don't worry, we'll all be there to keep you company. :laughing:

Fuck! There were 15 fucks inside the ice cream truck! Is that some motherfucking record?

From reading this thread, you guys have probably sent me to hell.

'Snowman, only after playing the game and blasting off all of the muthafuckin mutants around will you be absolved.

That shit is biblical, so show some motherfucking respect.

'Snowman, only after playing the game and blasting off all of the muthafuckin mutants around will you be absolved.

That shit is biblical, so show some motherfucking respect.

He's welcome to have a run through with me any time :hehe:

Earplugs are optional..

There were 15 fucks inside the ice cream truck!

Sound's like ReZ's idea of a successful weekend.

He's welcome to have a run through with me any time :hehe:

Earplugs are optional..

Always fun. I completed it in a morning when a friend came over.

Hear that, Darksnowman? A single fucking morning!