NEurope
Sméagol

Colonial Military enlistment (BG Mafia sign-ups)

So I'll just carefully open this thread, while I'm slaving away formalizing my BG mafia bible.

- 20 roles.

- I may have a 21st role, a role I'm currently not sure of, so I'm not promising anything. You can attempt to sign up for it though.

- I'd rather not remove roles though.

- I will be very technical with how my abilities work.

- No 1:1 adaptation from the TV series. There will be stuff that makes no sense. Knowledge may be useful, or it may not.. I don't know myself to be honest.

- I had a role in mind, for someone who wants to play, but can't guarantee to be fully active.. This role would exempt the player from being required to PM me each turn, like the rest will be. The role had some tweaks, and isn't exactly what it used to be, but I'd still like to give one person a break. You can PM me if you're interested in this role. I have exactly 1 such role to give away, so be warned.

- I can already mention this, dayphases will last 48 hours, nightphases 24, deadlines are always at 00:00 CET. There are no exceptions, although, if every player agrees, there is a way to shorten the dayphase to 24 hours, which may be useful near the end of the game.

- I intend to start the game after MadDog's Star Wars game (or when I'm dead in it, with no other games active), as I don't want to be participating in a game and mod 1 at the same time.

- In the event I need to scrap too many roles, I'll probably just delay the game.

- Some week before the start of the game, if I time it right that is, I will send private messages to everyone. Apart from confirmation, this will serve another purpose as well.

- Although I've changed things around, this game may will contain spoilers.

[00] Sméagol

[01] The Peeps

[02] Dannyboy-the-Dane

[03] Paj Meen Ah

[04] Jonnas

[05] Zell

[06] Cube

[07] jayseven

[08] Tales

[09] MadDog

[10] heroicjanitor

[11] Diageo

[12] gmac

[13] ReZourceman

[14] Nintendohnut

[15] Aqui1a

[16] TBA

[17] mr-paul

[18]

[19]

[20] Ellmeister

[21]

Edited by Sméagol

I'm guessing for most roles it won't be a problem, although I find it hard to tell as a mod and someone who knows the show. For some roles it may, so maybe I should be selective about who gets those, that said, I'm not done tweaking. I've already decided for one role to give a little extra info that I originally intended to be secret, because some people may not know what happened to a specific character.

Anyway, I will also provide links to the character profiles on a battlestar wiki, in case you want to familiarize yourself with your character. As I said though.. It won't be a 1:1 adaptation. The info there may help, or it may not..

Will it ruin/spoil the series? Bear in mind I'm starting to watch it as soon as I get my next load of work done.

It's hard to say, it could.. You haven't seen anything of it?

The thing is, again, it's not a 1:1 adaptation. I obviously will not tell what is different at this point, but there may be spoilers in there, and there will be things that will completely throw you off as soon as you see it's real equivalent what it's based on. If you will realize these things during the game, or when you start watching the show, I don't know.

It may be safe to stay clear from this one one though.. I don't want to be the one spoiling the best television show ever.

edit:

You know what, skip this one ;).

That's fine. But I must inform you this players list doesn't exactly correspond to the order in which I've written up the roles :p.

I haven't decided yet, how exactly I'm going to distribute the roles, pure randomly or semi-randomly, keeping in mind some roles may be more suited for certain players. But as you don't know the order of my roles, I'll see if I can reserve character 7 for you ;). If you get that one, you tell me if you got lucky :p.

Hmmm. I like Chair don't want to spoil series. Meh just sign me up.

I won't take it personal if you back out ;). But I'll add a spoiler warning..

JOHN DON'T PLAY.

I'll play. Can I be Number Three?

Player #3, Character #3, or model #3? :p.

edit:

Made some additions to the opening post.

Edited by Sméagol

In. I want to be Boomer/Nr 8!

Edited by Tales

In! As long as I don't actually need to know anything about BSG beforehand!

In, want to be #11. Know nothing about the show and never plan on watching it.

I want to be in six.

Changed your spot to 6, before I realized what you meant ;). I would too, although I prefer someone else..

All fine and dandy, but I'd like to reiterate the numbers here don't match the numbers on the character list ;).

But I may just try to think of something to use the numbers here, just to mess with you :D.

Player #3, Character #3, or model #3? :p.

battlestar-galactica-lucy-lawless-as-number-3--2.jpg?1251966886

Three's just a skinjob, nobody loves her

Three's just a skinjob Xena: Princess Warrior