Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Paranormal

Happenstance

I read one article, not too long ago, stating that ghosts could be a product of time distortion.

If I manage to find the article I'll post it here.

According to some spiritual people, there are no such things as spirits and you should not attempt to contact them, if you do manage to contact someone, it's probably a demon. LOL

If you want a pleasant spiritual experience, you should contact Jesus through prayer.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mean just ghosts and demons. Science sterilizes most everything conjured up by peoples imaginations

You obviously don't study science, since it brings forth ideas that most people could never dream of on their own.

My mind is being blown as we speak by Topology.

And like Fractals, and Chaos. All "new" branches of mathematics, which only inspire and create new thoughts.

Edited by chairdriver

I read one article, not too long ago, stating that ghosts could be a product of time distortion.

If I manage to find the article I'll post it here.

According to some spiritual people, there are no such things as spirits and you should not attempt to contact them, if you do manage to contact someone, it's probably a demon. LOL

If you want a pleasant spiritual experience, you should contact Jesus through prayer.

Ive heard similar theories on ghosts which state that they could just be after images of things that have happened throughout time. Like how when you record over a video too many times and you can sometimes get flashes of what happened previously.

Ive heard similar theories on ghosts which state that they could just be after images of things that have happened throughout time. Like how when you record over a video too many times and you can sometimes get flashes of what happened previously.

There's a slight problem with that explanation - we have no evidence that it's happening, and, indeed, we know of no way in which it could happen. Analogies of video tapes are all very well, but do you have any logical reason to claim such things, or are they just ramblings below the hypotheses stage?

There's a slight problem with that explanation - we have no evidence that it's happening, and, indeed, we know of no way in which it could happen. Analogies of video tapes are all very well, but do you have any logical reason to claim such things, or are they just ramblings below the hypotheses stage?

Case in point

Case in point

So the fuck what? It don't see why it matters if "science sterilises everything" - I personally find life is much easier and more enjoyable when you work with reality, instead of wasting your time dicking about with fairytales, and I would hazard to guess that most people would agree with me...

Edited by The fish

So the fuck what? It don't see why it matters if "science sterilises everything" - Life is much easier and more enjoyable when you work with reality, instead of wasting your time dicking about with fairytales.

I can picture you flashing back to a harsh conversation with your father about this :p

So the fuck what? It don't see why it matters if "science sterilises everything" - Life is much easier and more enjoyable when you work with reality, instead of wasting your time dicking about with fairytales.

Haha calm down , im not anti-science or anything. Far from it. I appreciate the fruits of it daily. I want to marry it actually.

Haha calm down , im not anti-science or anything. Far from it. I appreciate the fruits of it daily. I want to marry it actually.

I do apologise, you were wondering dangerously close to Creationist territory...

Equal to that of a dog that accidentally miaowed.

(I'm an english student and analogies are acceptable :P)

Yeah, well I'm an English teacher and analogies are only acceptable when they don't include invented words. :grin:

Extremely hard, yes, but less likely than spirits from beyond the grave?
The table originated from a place well known for paranormal activity. My mum used to work there back in the 70's, and recalls on various occasions witnessing (with other people) rope knotting in mid-air, being hit by scolding hot pebbles where there were no ovens for miles around, boxes stacking themselves, being kicked and bruised by thin air, amongst many other things.

Ghosts make no sense. They would have to die again at some point at least. Then would a ghost have a ghost? Do ghosts have psychics that can see a ghost's ghost?

Thats not quite right though is it. Ghosts (should they exist) aren't considered living so they wouldn't have to die and definitely wouldn't have another ghost..

.. In all that, I don't believe in ghosts.

Thats not quite right though is it. Ghosts (should they exist) aren't considered living so they wouldn't have to die and definitely wouldn't have another ghost..

.. In all that, I don't believe in ghosts.

But what happens when the Earth is destroyed by the sun? Just float around in space?

What more proof do you need?

nearlyheadlessnick.jpg

Mu parents just hid my Hogwarts letter when I was 11... ¬_¬

A little more serious though, I'm just repeating what everyone else has said but yeah I'd like to believe in some supernatural force but everything I see just seems so false. However, I think it's a little close-minded to think nothing "strange" happens. Kinda like if you walk into a room/place/wherever and something bad has happened there (murders for example) and you can instantly feel it.

Hard to explain but...yeah

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!