N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia - Game Thread

Jonnas

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I missed a lot. I'm really sorry, but have a few things to mention...

First of all it seems I was mentioned in the write-up. And Rez is right, for some literally unknown reason I scratched Rez's nose which made him okay again. I got a PM saying this, but no explanation as to why.

In terms of the other parts of the note, I can also confirm that I had a lovely chat with the handsome gent. I assume that is Cube who investigated me. Thank you sir!

However, I have received nothing from Diageo. I got a PM from Jonnas and it didn't include any details of a gift of any kind. I was confused, and I have a theory.

I think Diageo is mafia. Firstly, there is the fact he claimed he gave me something when he didn't. Secondly there is the fact the so far we can confirm two gifts he has given - Cube got some tea, and HeroJan got some pills. So it seems the gift is dependant on the person. So why would I also get pills? Is it perhaps because he knew herojan would confirm that pills are a real item that he can give? I don't know, but I don't see why he would give two different gifts, and then the same one twice.

Further to that there is this fact that he cannot be targeted at night. While it doesn't prove anything, it seems a pretty scummy ability. And I don't know who claimed he's a roleblocker or why but that's a similar trait if true - doesn't prove by any means that he is mafia, but I find it suspicious.

Finally, the way this would all be possible. I cannot possibly say for sure how it has come about but here is a theory. In Rez's game, I was mafia, and one of the other mafia members had the ability to change the write-up by adding in a sentence. It was used several times to confuse people and make people appear to do things when they didn't (we used it on chairdriver to make beedril look evil). If there was a similar mechanic in this game it would be the perfect cover for Diageo. I'm not sure if it is the note-writer who is in cahoots with him and he who can do this (I assume Jonnas actually writes the notes, but he perhaps could ask for a detail to be added as part of his power?) or whether it is another mafia member who has discovered who the note-taker is and is now targeting them to change the notes.

Like I say, I don't know for sure, all I know is Diageo is lying. With a unrelenting/overly agressive attack on Rez yesterday, and after I suggested that Rez was using his tactic of being super-hardcore at trying to get someone killed in order to appear innocent ('why would a mafia member draw so much attention to himself like this?') I actually now think it was Diageo who was trying to employ such a tactic.

I'd like to make clear this is all just a hypothesis based on the facts I have, but I just don't trust Diageo.

Vote: Diageo

I'm not entirely sure there would be write-up-changing powers in a game where the write-ups are so sparse with details in the first place. Seems unfair to the town. Also, Diageo is generally always hyperaggressive in these games, so it doesn't prove much.

Despite these minor points, he still comes off suspicious to me, so I'll throw in a vote for now as well.

Vote: Diageo

Right, sorry I read it wrong. I got majorly confused about herojan saying something about pills, turns out he was just repeating diageo. I thought it was he who had received pills and Cube who had received tea. Simply my mistake having read through so many posts.

In that case...

Please ignore the part of my reasoning involving the pills, it only came about due to my confusion and it should not be counted as part of my theory. Because I'm an idiot.

The rest of the points still stand though. Diageo lied, and I think he's evil.

Sorry I was a little rushed when I was making that last post. I'd like to make clear that I have no proof that diageo is evil. He may be able explain it all. However, I think he's lying and with the other things (except for the pill confusion which my fault and just a case of me being a bit of a pillock when reading posts) i think hes pretty scummy. Again, He may be able to explain this but to me I think he's a baddie.

Sorry, this is written on an iPod again.

I did receive tea though. How do we know you aren't lying about not receiving pills? There are several circumstances which could accoutn for you not receiving pills.

A-> You are lying. Simplest one. Most likely too since the write-up says you got pills.

B-> Someone disguised themselves as you and Diageo handed him the pills. Could have happened but the witness would have to let you out of his sight for a minute.

Diageo not being targeted is confusing alright, but isn't necessarily down to him. It's also possible he was being over aggressive yesterday to disguise being mafia.

Anyway why should we believe you didn't get pills when the write-up says you did?

Indeed HeroJan, I was thinking you might do this Nintendohnut, when it appeared you weren't on for a while. You must be the one lying. My PM specifically says you received the pills, the write-up says it too.

Also, as well as the exotic man, we all know the butler targeted me, and if he was sharing information with Marlene, she should know what his investigation yielded. That's two people now that were successfully able to target me on one night, why can't you?

Such a deliberate lie, would the mafia really take a gamble like this, I'm not sure if you are misinformed.

Eenuh, did you happen to get roleblocked the two days after you told the thread that Ellmeister was good? I couldn't be arsed checking right now.

I was thinking similar to HeroJan, I think Ellmeister can bribe people to think he is good. Redirecting, roleblocking and tracking, that seems a lot for a townie. But not so much for the mafia if there are few of them.

I'm not convinced that Diageo is evil. There could be other circumstances that stopped you getting the pills. Diageo's PM said you were slow-witted and stressed so perhaps you were just unable to take them so it wasn't mentioned in your PM. Or you could be lying.

I think we've established the blue notes to be accurate haven't we? The whole Chairdriver disguise thing clears up the first one.

One last thing and I'll go over it for a last time Rez because you don't seem to get it.

I died the first day, stop trying to count it.

Roleblocked the second day, specified by the note.

Targeted HeroJan who has confirmed it.

Targeted Nintendohnut who is either lying or misinformed.

The butler died the night he targeted you Diageo. If you remember his last words were 'I must tell Marlene' meaning he hasn't communicated his intel with her (who is now me).

[As I(Butler) died that night I obviously didn't receive a pm with the results of the investigation]

I think The Peeps can't say anything about his previous role, and so does not specify what the Butler yielded, but this is his way of implying it.

The butler died the night he targeted you Diageo. If you remember his last words were 'I must tell Marlene' meaning he hasn't communicated his intel with her (who is now me).

[As I(Butler) died that night I obviously didn't receive a pm with the results of the investigation]

Disregard the first part of this post then.