NEurope
Jonnas

The Gentlemen's Mafia - Game Thread

That's hardly a good reason.

Let me get this straight Rez, you have done something suspicious every single day it seems.

Day 2, does not vote for Sméagol. Effectively targets Sméagol that night but doesn't vote for him. Was the info not conclusive?

Day 3, targets The Peeps the same night he dies.

Day 4, gets roleblocked the same night no one dies.

I think those facts are enough evidence to Vote:Rez even though he does not act like a mafioso.

I have to admit i'm suspicious of ReZ, and those points do seem to point towards ReZ being a naughty boy.

Vote: ReZ

That's hardly a good reason.

Let me get this straight Rez, you have done something suspicious every single day it seems.

Day 2, does not vote for Sméagol. Effectively targets Sméagol that night but doesn't vote for him. Was the info not conclusive?

Day 3, targets The Peeps the same night he dies.

Day 4, gets roleblocked the same night no one dies.

I think those facts are enough evidence to Vote:Rez even though he does not act like a mafioso.

For my response see the posts above.

I have to admit i'm suspicious of ReZ, and those points do seem to point towards ReZ being a naughty boy.

Vote: ReZ

If my power is bad why have I targeted mafia's and townies?

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

No one said your power is bad. And it's not unheard of for mafia to target mafia to throw people off.

I've been suspicious of you for a while, ReZ. I've seen you when you're mafia. You're if possible even more elaborate in your suspicions and accusations than when you're town, so I'm going to say:

Vote: ReZourceman

Changevote: ReZ

The punching hasn't appeared any other night. It's entirely possible that it was a protector.

Ah come guys. Seriously, what are we basing this on? What could I possibly do if I'm mafia.

I've been suspicious of you for a while, ReZ. I've seen you when you're mafia. You're if possible even more elaborate in your suspicions and accusations than when you're town, so I'm going to say:

Lol, but theres nothing else to go on! I can't draw suspiciosunssns out of nowhere. Besides the only time I've been mafia (I think) was in DIY, and we all know that was a different kettle of fish. :p

One of these people is me, so Sméagol is at the very least partially telling the truth, or his power tells him what happens to him in the night phase. The second one is the concerning one. Someone made him feel an uncontrollable rage, which if investigated would certainly make him appear evil.

I'm willing to give Sméagol the benefit of the doubt today, provided of course that we get that breakdown from him at some point.....errr old chaps. :p

So if Sméagol and Cube are both telling the truth the mafia likely have;

- Note Fabrication

- Rage Making

- Probably a killer

- Possibly a roleblocker

- Maybe a redirector

For example this post here. I didn't have to come out as this man, and if I was mafia I probably wouldn't have done so!

Well Chair just checked the thread and hasn't responded, and inspite of the inevitable accusation of shifting focus (although I'm happy to answer most questions regarding me)

I will voteth : Chairdriver.

Lol, but theres nothing else to go on! I can't draw suspiciosunssns out of nowhere. Besides the only time I've been mafia (I think) was in DIY, and we all know that was a different kettle of fish. :p

But there's a difference between following leads and pushing leads - despite fairly solid alibis. You have a tendency to do the latter.

Vote Standings

Diageo (1): Ellmeister

Nintendohnut (2): Eenuh, Tales

ReZourceman (6): The Peeps, Diageo, MadDog, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Cube

chairdriver (2): heroicjanitor, ReZ

(Majority is 10)

Well I've hinted at it previously, given a brief description of it and said who I've targeted. But its not a huge reason to vote for someone. Id don't remember voting for you for that reason even....

No its a paper thin excuse that anyone could say. Even if its true. He's this close to lynch and didn't even reveal his power. If he's townie, he isn't being helpful.

Also, you may have hinted at your power before in the thread, but as I've tried to explain I haven't been able to read the thread in any great detail and so haven't remembered everyone's posts up until now. Normally in these games (ie 6 months ago) I would have had notes for everyone and followed things much more closely, but at the moment, for the reasons I stated yesterday I haven't been able to do that :)

In considering voting for Rez I have thought through the following things:

a) It is a little foolish for a mafioso to push so hard for a lynch as it puts them in the limelight and makes them look suspicious when the townie they're trying to lynch turns out good. BUT...

b) In the last game where Rez was mafia he did just that and got away with it. For ages. And so he may be doing it again in a double bluff maneuver to get us thinking 'he wouldn't do that again' when he is.

c) He voted for me for seemingly no reason, then refused to believe my actual real-life reason for it all. Which was a little frustrating :p

d) Although he claims there is loads of obvious evidence for him being good, what with me not being able to follow the thread very well I don't in fact remember any of it. And it can't be that obvious because everyone seems to be voting for him anyway.

e) He won't reveal his power for some reason, despite being close to majority :p He isn't being helpful :laughing:

On a balance of these reasons and some others, I'm going to do this:

Vote: ReZourceman

A quick TL;DR summary: A tie for a tie and a goose for a goose, and all that jazz.

EDIT: Mistake, Dannyboy quoted this post, and I have re-edited in.

This is still true, you've just highlighted a post where I said how close you were to majority and not revealed literally anything, whereas I have. Its fair enough you voting for me though (particularly if you're a townie, which I'm back to not buying. )

I'm surprised how many people seriously actually think I'm mafia though. If you're a pro-active townie and open and honest about what you do its as bad as being mafia in this game it seems.

How about (as I'm a townie) ~I can't remember who said~ but someone said they knew someone who had lied. What was this? Surely someone lying is a better lead than me.

Besides, the excuse of how I acted in previous mafias doesn't count as I specifically approach each game differently. I don't think I've acted over similarly in any period, let alone dependednnadnant upon which alignment I am.

But if I do bite it;

- Diageo, Heroicjaitor are a two for one, probably both townies or both mafia. Possibly.

- Cube is probably good.

- MadDog is probably good.

- Keep a firm eye on Zell, Dannyboy, Chairdriver and gmac.

(Oh and 5 out of 10 ~when you wrote that~ isn't close to majority)

Any inkling about your power whatsoever? Or even who you targeted?

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

I am still suspicious of rez but he makes a good point. With no solid evidence there's no need to lynch someone so early in the game, especially when we have inactives so for this reason vote: zell

I'm gonna raise the point again of why would I target mafia first night and then townies. To use it as a specific defence against being accused of mafia is ; ridiculous forward planning and a waste of the first action. It also proves that my power isn't bad, as if I was mafia it would basically be negating two people on the first night. Heck and didn't Smigz target Cube, which proves my power didn't specifically do anything anyway, nor did it do anything to The Peeps. Which I guess technically can't be proven, but no one else has come forward as the guy who just slept in his room! Sleeping in peoples rooms doesn't sound like a mafia power! (And isn't obviously)

End of defence.

This is still true, you've just highlighted a post where I said how close you were to majority and not revealed literally anything, whereas I have. Its fair enough you voting for me though (particularly if you're a townie, which I'm back to not buying. :p)

I'm surprised how many people seriously actually think I'm mafia though. If you're a pro-active townie and open and honest about what you do its as bad as being mafia in this game it seems.

How about (as I'm a townie) ~I can't remember who said~ but someone said they knew someone who had lied. What was this? Surely someone lying is a better lead than me.

Besides, the excuse of how I acted in previous mafias doesn't count as I specifically approach each game differently. I don't think I've acted over similarly in any period, let alone dependednnadnant upon which alignment I am.

But if I do bite it;

- Diageo, Heroicjaitor are a two for one, probably both townies or both mafia. Possibly.

- Cube is probably good.

- MadDog is probably good.

- Keep a firm eye on Zell, Dannyboy, Chairdriver and gmac.

(Oh and 5 out of 10 ~when you wrote that~ isn't close to majority)

Any inkling about your power whatsoever? Or even who you targeted?

Why should people keep an eye on me?

Why should people keep an eye on me?

COS YOU A SHADY MOTHER FUCKER. ;)

Ah its just a mild suspicsciscion, that you're usually slightly more active. I wouldn't worry too much. We all HAVE to be suspicious really or we wouldn't get anywhere.

COS YOU A SHADY MOTHER FUCKER. ;)

Ah its just a mild suspicsciscion, that you're usually slightly more active. I wouldn't worry too much. We all HAVE to be suspicious really or we wouldn't get anywhere.

Yeah, I realise that. I haven't followed this as closely as I normally do. :heh:

I'm drunk, so I'm going to say, FUCK YOU REX, you mother fukin g m,afia scumnag.!

It's a good job that the standard mafia ruleset doesn't seem to apply to recent games...

What do you mean by that Cube?

To quote the list Chairdriver made, which was posted in the first 15-or-so games:

9) Please do not post pictures in this thread, it will get very tedious if it's clogged up with crap.

Not voting for ReZ yet, and I think Rex is getting some undeserved hate here, so I'll leave him alone too. IF ReZ does get lynched and turns out mafia, then I think we definitely have a good suspect in Cube because they seem to be backing each other up alot. I'm waiting on something then I'll be back to post a vote(though given today's schedule that might not be until tomorrow).

I suggested that ReZ may be the failed killer from last night before anyone started voting for him.

I suggested that ReZ may be the failed killer from last night before anyone started voting for him.

If I'm the failed killer why hasn't the person who roleblocked me come forward?

To be fair, ReZ does seem suspicious, but something doesn't quite add up about it, which is holding my vote back. There's bound to be several mafia lying low among the inactive members.