NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokémafia 7 : Trust No One

An explanation would be preferred over blind assumptions as he may have been forced.

I would assume that would mean him also. Therefore, if we can't trust him it is because he is lying. And we should trust everyone, except him.

I'm not a cop. I was just told that Dyson is evil last night. :P

I love if it's a cock-up on ReZ's part.

But then it may be a message sender (more likely). Still, a lead.

I would assume that would mean him also. Therefore, if we can't trust him it is because he is lying. And we should trust everyone, except him.

If we didn't trust Rez then we could disregard the entire write-up :p

Dyson said he would be more active. Should we wait for him?

As there is a time limit, I will go with it. Waiting for him could result in there not being enough time to actually lynch him. Also we would get information on the validity of Paj's messages.

But before I vote. You got this message randomly, or does it have to do with your power?

Nothing to do with my role that I'm aware of. I didn't even target Dyson last night.

That's why I assume it's a message. But it may have validity to it.

Because we have nothing else?

I'm not encouraging a lynch train, but my vote stands. I want to see what happens.

[..]

A green and yellow Pokemon hopped along as it followed a muscular Pokemon.

Again, I'm not the Pokémon expert, so I will not even attempt to guess what Pokémon these descriptions depict (can't we ask Serebii to be a consultant in this game :P). But. It seems we have a green/yellow Pokémon here tracking or investigating a fighting type Pokémon.

Squirt!

What? Some ability surely. Hmm. I wonder what it does or who it belongs to.

A small golden Pokemon felt a chill as a small ice barrier was thrown up. It wasn't needed, but it wouldn't have worked on this occasion anyway.

Seems to me someone who isn't mentioned explicitly, protected a golden Pokémon. The golden Pokémon wasn't a target this night (apart from the protection), but somehow the protection would not have worked? Why?

A white and black Pokemon glowed gently and intensely. It focused on itself for some reason.

Someone has some ability, but chose to use it on him / her self this night. Some sort of protection?

A black, pink and blue Pokémon looks like he's focussing energy.

I wonder what this does. I'll guess we find out next turn?

A meditating Pokemon was telepathically hit.

Hmm, a psychic Pokémon using some ability, but got hit by someone not explicitly mentioned. I wonder what the effect is.

A shiny Pokemon was decided upon.....

Yeah.. I don't know what the hell a shiny Pokémon is. Is it simply a rarer version of a normal pokémon, or do they have special abilities? Anyway, I don't know what this means. Is it decided which shiny Pokémon would be a target, or is it decided which Pokémon is chosen to be a shiny Pokémon? And who did the deciding?

Elsewhere two allies headed in different directions.

Seems like another duo. Wonder what they're up too.

A small golden yellow and red Pokemon / Pikachu / The Peeps was bought surprisingly close to danger as a giant purple sludge Pokemon / Muk/ Zell was attacked....

I assume Zell intended to jailkeep The Peeps.

A purple, pink and cream Pokemon was pointlessly affected by a tiny red Pokemon.

Another colourful Pokémon was the target of a red Pokémon, but having no effect.

Far out at sea one Pokemon was confused....it watched as the Pokemon next to it was murdered by a black Pokemon. Muk / Zell was washed away.

Before the change I simply assumed this was Pikachu.. I guess now this is someone else altogether. Perhaps this was Zell's target? If he even had a target.

Elsewhere Shiny Pikachu / The Peeps was walking along the shore. It was attacked by a large ball of dark red energy It was then grabbed and highly unsavoury things happened to him.

Now this is our yellow and red shiny Pikachu getting killed by.. Someone. Something. But it fires a large ball of dark red energy.

I think I count 15 (or 16?) pokémon here, so 5 (4?) unaccounted for.

Hmm Dyson evil? I find that a suspicious claim. Either Paj is setting up Dyson (unlikely, now that would rather be a bold thing to do at this point), or someone's setting up Paj. Who would send a message claiming someone is evil, and send it to someone randomly (?)? How would this person know Dyson is evil? Can investigate and send a message? I think I want to hear more, especially from the person sending the message, before I act upon this (if at all).

Yeah.. I don't know what the hell a shiny Pokémon is. Is it simply a rarer version of a normal pokémon, or do they have special abilities?

Yeah I amn't big into pokemon any more but I'm pretty sure it is just a rarer version. Even if it is being shiny could mean something in this game.

Hmm Dyson evil? I find that a suspicious claim. Either Paj is setting up Dyson (unlikely, now that would rather be a bold thing to do at this point), or someone's setting up Paj. Who would send a message claiming someone is evil, and send it to someone randomly (?)? How would this person know Dyson is evil? Can investigate and send a message? I think I want to hear more, especially from the person sending the message, before I act upon this (if at all).

This is what I was thinking. There may be more than one person with the ability to send messages(true or false ones, maybe they can choose what to send) but the emphasis on trusting no one makes me think this is a major feature of this game and we shouldn't trust it.

Trust no one! Not even ourselves!

Expect anything! Which nullifies the point made above!

Anyway, I wouldn't dwell too much on this "Trust No One" business for now, we need to see how the game works ourselves. If Dyson turns out to be good, we'll know to not pay attention to those messages ever again.

Just one thing, out of curiosity: Paj, can you see yourself on the write-up? Are you the psychic pokémon who was mysteriously hit, or are you someone else?

I'm nit evil, I'm the townie that used his power on himself as I don't know what my power is, really. My Pokenon has Amnesia, so I wasn't told my power. Unfortunately I still don't know, but clearly it's nothing bad or else I'd have come off pretty badly.

I think it may be a mafia power. I would speculate that it would overwrite the PM that the target should have got.

A couple of things...

Day 1... 14 vote majority...12 voters by my count. Pair of double voters... one each side would make sense.

Also... there seems to be a suspicious lack of ReZ's usual indicators of investigator and tracker action (took notes on/followed). Could be a change in the style of write-up or maybe its a feature of "trust no-one" as few definate facts could be found.

I'm nit evil, I'm the townie that used his power on himself as I don't know what my power is, really. My Pokenon has Amnesia, so I wasn't told my power. Unfortunately I still don't know, but clearly it's nothing bad or else I'd have come off pretty badly.

I don't know pokemon too well, but are you unown? Iirc they all have a 'hidden power' in the game,or mysterious power or something like that.

A couple of things...

Day 1... 14 vote majority...12 voters by my count. Pair of double voters... one each side would make sense.

Also... there seems to be a suspicious lack of ReZ's usual indicators of investigator and tracker action (took notes on/followed). Could be a change in the style of write-up or maybe its a feature of "trust no-one" as few definate facts could be found.

There may also be a triple vote. Jonnas put that in one of his games, although it was on the side of the mafia so it was slightly unabalnaced in their favour (I'm just bitter). But good spot nonetheless.

In terms of Dyson... I don't trust his explanation at all. So you got a PM saying you have amnesia? What else did it say? How do you know you even have a power? While I'm not saying Paj's info is correct I'm just not sure your story fits together.

I'm always paranoid in mafia games and this one will probably be even worse.

There may also be a triple vote. Jonnas put that in one of his games, although it was on the side of the mafia so it was slightly unabalnaced in their favour (I'm just bitter).

That was me (although it was Jonnas who had the power) and in that game the mafia won when the town couldn't reach majority (in an attempt to balance it).

However, I doubt that it's the case in this game.

Elsewhere two allies headed in different directions.

Worth keeping an eye on, and may explain that there were two deaths?

I know that I've made a role for a game on another forum involving message sending, and that the person can't communicate otherwise in the game (like on the thread).

But I'm not sure about Dyson's explanation.

HOLD IT!

I am a tracker. I happened to track MadDog, and MadDog targetted Zell!

Vote: MadDog

(Question for ReZ: So the text in the correction spoiler tags is to be ignored?)