NEurope
ReZourceman

The Social Network (Movie)

You Cannot assume because you're not interested in the subject, that you won't enjoy the movie.

A lot of people enjoyed the wrestler despite not been interesting in wrestling. A lot of people enjoyed Kong of kong without liking gaming.

I can tell you it's a great drama. If you like well-acted dramas... go and see this. Perhaps you can just wait for dvd though :)

I never said I wasn't interested in the subject, nor that I wouldn't enjoy it, because I probably will since I enjoy most films I see. Heck, I'm not doubting it's a great film. However, for logical reasons, I can't go see every single great film there is as well as every film I'll probably enjoy, thus I'll only go see those that interest me. And then we're back to square one: This film simply hasn't managed to grab my interest. Now, unless some cute girl wants to go see it and asks me to go see it with her, I don't see any incentive for me to go. :heh:

I just imagine this film pissing me off. A film about rich kids getting even richer, almost not getting as rich as they'd like, but ultimately becoming very, very rich.

And the rest of the world doesn't. Luckily, I don't give a damn.

Actually, I do too.

And I'm actually not at all interested in the Facebook story too. But on the other hand, I totally trust David Fincher to make even that compelling.

And since I have some free tickets anyway, and my brother wants to see this, and we're both not aware of any other movies we'd really want to see (apart from Scott Pilgrim), there's a high chance I'll go see this anyway.

I just imagine this film pissing me off. A film about rich kids getting even richer, almost not getting as rich as they'd like, but ultimately becoming very, very rich.

To be fair, it's more taking that idea and looking at how the rich kids getting richer become bigger and bigger assholes because of it. Better off being poor or whatevz.

Anyhoo, I'm surprised more people haven't watched. I thought it was terrific in any case... David Fincher can do little wrong in my book

David Fincher can do little wrong in my book

panic_room.jpg

But yeah, apart from that (and possibly Alien3, which was borderline "ok"), he's a God.

I saw this yesterday, was really looking forward to it and I'm a big fan of the subject matter having been studying/working around it for a number of years. I actually wasn't massively taken by it, I don't really get what the film was trying to be or the story it was trying to tell. I'm not sure if the rowing scene was utter genius or the worst thing I've ever seen.

I think if you have an interest it's worth seeing, but I don't think it's essential viewing by any means.

Not in the mood for an elaborate post right now, but just saw this (and the Tree by the way) this evening, and I really enjoyed it. It's not about Facebook. It's about an asshole, well, that's extreme, but he's very socially inadequate, and he becomes a billionaire. It's a drama about that guy losing the only friend he really had. That said it has plenty of humour too. The guy who played Eduardo was great. Like I said, I enjoyed it.

Saw it today. Fincher's best since Fight Club, although he seems to have become stuck in the 8/10 zone. Still, all good, right? :heh:

It's official now official, Jesse Eisenberg is more than just a Michael Cera clone... he's actually an actor, and quite a good one (unlike Cera, who plays himself in every role he's ever had).

Saw it last night, it was pretty good.

I thouroughly enjoyed it. I liked seeing Andrew Garfield in something before I see him in Spidey - he seems like a good actor.

I thought it was pretty awesome, second only to Scott Pilgrim in new films I've seen recently. I liked the characterisation and believability, and thought there was some decent cinematography in places.

second only to Scott Pilgrim in new films I've seen recently

How come second, is SP that good?

I mean, that final scene with him constantly refreshing is still haunting me...

This film was a little bit brilliant.

The whole thing's just so watchable, it never gets boring. The dialogue bounces along at the perfect pace and never feels stodgy or overbearing. The character of Zuckerburg (sp?) is fleshed out really well. You can tell he's completely socially inadequate from the first moment and it never lets up. His body language, relationship with women, his attitude, the things he says - they all work so well together in creating the complete douchebag. Also, I agree with Oxigen. That last scene is pitch perfect. Especially playing The Beatles to go with it.

The film felt just slightly too long in my opinion, and it maybe would have worked better if it had more often touched upon his relationship with Erica. The twins also felt a little bit...fake. They were great for the most part but every once in a while there was something not quite right about them.

The whole thing was directed very well and does wonders with it's subject matter, which I personally didn't even think was such a bad source for a movie. Expecting good things, I was still pleasantly surprised. 8.5/10.

I have to say my interest has been piqued. I think my initial disinterest stemmed from a misunderstanding of the "purpose" of the film, of what it wanted to do.

That's why one should never watch trailers or read blurbs. They either give too much away, or ar just designed to market the film a certain way, to certain people (or both). :)

[/perfect world]

That's why one should never watch trailers or read blurbs. They either give too much away, or ar just designed to market the film a certain way, to certain people (or both). :)

[/perfect world]

I agree completely, yet I can't help but watch trailers. I'm too curious a soul.

I was so excited for The Dark Knight, last film I was like literally like...shivering in anticipation for. And I never saw the trailer! :D IIRC I went to go see Savage Grace with Chairdriver and the trailer for TDK played, but I closed my eyes. I HEARD the trailer, but no more. :p

I was so excited for The Dark Knight, last film I was like literally like...shivering in anticipation for. And I never saw the trailer! :D IIRC I went to go see Savage Grace with Chairdriver and the trailer for TDK played, but I closed my eyes. I HEARD the trailer, but no more. :p

You are a stronger person than me. :heh:

I'm wearing my The Social Network Tshirt right now actually. :p

My friend managed to get my roommates and I all into a pre screening of the movie. (where they also gave away Tshirts, posters, mouse pads... random stuff)

I enjoyed it heaps. The story was decent and I liked the characters for the most part.

The ending bothered me though, it seemed rather anti climactic.... the ending caught me by surprise I guess.... but it was still a fun ride.

How come second, is SP that good?

I mean, that final scene with him constantly refreshing is still haunting me...

It's pretty good, although I liked it a lot more before I read the books. Still, I haven't seen that many new releases recently, and both Scott Pilgrim and The Social Network are in the "good" category.

I watched this yesterday. :D

It was good. well directed, great acting, it didn't really go anywhere but it didn't go anywhere stylishly. :)

It's pretty good, although I liked it a lot more before I read the books. Still, I haven't seen that many new releases recently, and both Scott Pilgrim and The Social Network are in the "good" category.

Are the Scott Pilgrim books "bad"?