NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

We're going to the cinema. Can't have sex in the cinema. :p

Well, that depends on what kind of cinema you’re going ;).

I have a friend who lost his virginity in a cinema. Actually, ex-friend since I don't like him anymore.

Nice guy.

I have a friend who lost his virginity in a cinema. Actually, ex-friend since I don't like him anymore.

He never called you afterwards did he?

He never called you afterwards did he?

The least he could have done was buy me some popcorn.

The least he could have done was buy me some popcorn.

Nah, the popcorn trick doesn't count as losing your virginity. :nono:

Nah, the popcorn trick doesn't count as losing your virginity. :nono:

Yeah but you gotta start off with foreplay.

First date sex isn't bad, but is probably indicative of how the relationship is seen by one or both parties.

First date sex is an important discriminant. Why waste time with someone who's rubbish in bed or polar opposite to you sexually?

Sex is important in a relationship, and if you don't gell sexually, you're doomed from the start.

We're going to the cinema. Can't have sex in the cinema. :p

A first date is a chance to get to know someone. Cinema is a bad idea because you don't get a chance to talk to the other party at all! You should at least make sure you go for drinks before or afterwards.

First date sex is an important discriminant. Why waste time with someone who's rubbish in bed or polar opposite to you sexually?

Sex is important in a relationship, and if you don't gell sexually, you're doomed from the start.

You'd rather have someone who's polar opposite to you in terms of mannerisms, characteristics, morality, sensibility, interests, beliefs, and personality -- but so long as they're a good fuck, it's ok?

Sex is about way more than just the physical element. Plus, people can learn to be better in bed. If they have an ugly personality then you'll have an ugly existence with them.

For many people, dating is a means to an end -- that end is not just something to be 'gotten away' but instead it is to find someone to share life with. I think it's a step away from the hedonistic liberatarianism that you seem to prescribe life to be, and towards a much more realistic version of romantic necessity.

Plus you spelt gel wrong.

A first date is a chance to get to know someone. Cinema is a bad idea because you don't get a chance to talk to the other party at all! You should at least make sure you go for drinks before or afterwards.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I disagree. Not everyone is confident or has the gift of the gab. So going somewhere that requires constant conversation straight away will undoubtedly lead to awkwardness. Whereas with the cinema you can talk to them a bit, but don't have to be on your "A-game" all the time. That way you'll get a little bit more comfortable with them/get over some of the first date awkwardness, in time for the second date, where you go for chattings.

Do a fake yawn and put your arm around them. If they pull away, you know you're not going to get lucky.

Buy them a double sized Fanta Frozen ice drink because there is a certain point in that drink where all the blood ceases to flow in your body and for that brief moment in time you feel your life is about to end.

It's at this point you turn to them and go "What's wrong...did I make your heart stop?"

In their dazed and confused state they will simply agree. You go in for this kiss.

BOOM. Old school romance.

LOL!

u guys r funny

I disagree. Not everyone is confident or has the gift of the gab. So going somewhere that requires constant conversation straight away will undoubtedly lead to awkwardness.

I would consider sitting next to someone you've invited out and not talking to them for 2 hours more awkward. So many scenarios going through your head... Madness.

I would consider sitting next to someone you've invited out and not talking to them for 2 hours more awkward. So many scenarios going through your head... Madness.

Yeah you don't even watch the film. All one thinks about is "should I hold take her hand?" "Ok, I'll do it after this scene", "OK, next scene!". "Shit, it's over"

So I might not have been out on a cinema first date in years but that's pretty much how they go. If you're wanting to watch a movie invite the girl (or guy) round for a DVD night. It's far more acceptable to talk during films as long as it's a) constructive b) funny c) not asking "who is he again?".

Plus you can drink.

There's not really a "perfect" destination for a date. Like Moogle says, not everyone has that "chatty" personality, so taking them out for a drink when you'll be shit scared to talk to them all evening isn't always wise.

It really depends on you and the other person. If you feel comfortable talking to them, then maybe going out for a drink is good. If you don't know them too well, then..something else. Maybe some food?

I've had that hand holding monologue in my head before. Very distracting. I can't change it now, they picked the cinema. I'm not gonna go,"That's shit, pick something else." I'll say something about getting some drinks after or something closer to the date.

There's not really a "perfect" destination for a date. Like Moogle says, not everyone has that "chatty" personality, so taking them out for a drink when you'll be shit scared to talk to them all evening isn't always wise.

It really depends on you and the other person. If you feel comfortable talking to them, then maybe going out for a drink is good. If you don't know them too well, then..something else. Maybe some food?

You have to talk during food too.