Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

When is it ok to start thinking about christmas?

Rummy

It's not ok to EVER start thinking about Christmas, because this year, thanks to Mrs Iun and her magic "Spend Everything" wallet, I can't afford to go back to England to be with my family the ONE TIME in the year when they're all together.

We've had a christmas tree decoration (a small one on a table) up at work since August. However, I work at a pub and we need people to book for Christmas day and stuff (already nearly full) so I suppose it makes sense from a business point of view.

Personally I don't think about Christmas until after Halloween. I usually start properly thinking about what presents to get people mid-novemberish.

Haha, yeah I've actually noticed a tree at my thursday night(just got in) usual all in time for christmas. I don't think that I normally thing about it until at least November, but I keep noticing it in places already, although I don't work there properly, work is already planning(since like a few weeks ago!) their christmas meal, I've seen christmas stuff in some shops(mainly cards etc) and also as mentioned pubs.

I had remembered halloween coming up, but until I saw it mentioned in this here thread, I'd totally forgotten about fireworks night! I always just sort of think after September there's not really anything til Christmas!

I start thinking about Christmas when it starts getting dark real early, and gets cold. I love Christmas. When you're younger, you just love Christmas because you're getting new stuff and presents. When you get older, Christmas gets more about family and friends, and getting together and having fun.

The presents are still nice though ;)

exactly this, younger was all about the advent calendar (still is :) ) and getting excited for presents,

now though i enjoy going out on Christmas eve with friends, I enjoy Christmas shopping for other people (the important people), enjoy hearing Christmas songs on the radio and it's actually the only time of the year where adverts on tv dont piss me off as they're all Christmas themed too. Love boxing day as all my family are together in one massive present exchange, drink fest with amazing food.

i cant wait :)

Man, I haven't had an advent calendar for a few years, because I generally forget to get one in time. Reading some posts are starting to get me a bit excited for the festive season though! Granted, it's nothing compared to when we were kids, and I'll probably be disappointed all over again when the new year comes(also something i need to start thinking about) but I guess that's how it is these days! Also, good excuse to be drinking wooo!

It's not ok to EVER start thinking about Christmas, because this year, thanks to Mrs Iun and her magic "Spend Everything" wallet, I can't afford to go back to England to be with my family the ONE TIME in the year when they're all together.

Do they have the Park catalogue service where you are?

My housemate bought me a Christmas Calender today. I did thank her, but also said What the hell, Woman. Its October. The Beginning of October. We ain't had Hallowe'en yet, or even Bonfire Night. Orr...November.

Basically, I don't get into the mood until December. When I start playing Band Aid or hearing it on radio, then I feel in the mood. It was bluddy warm today. How can it be warm yet Christmassy?