NEurope
Deap

Your Christmas list

You really believe Christmas is still a christian holiday?

Obviously not, as I'm not Christian, but it seemed odd to me to be Muslim and celebrate originally Christian holidays at the same time.

I'm not picking at anything, I think it's all gravy.

..and with that back to christmas.

I always find that even when I start shopping now it ends up being a rushed thing, I can never quite find what I'm after - like my mum wants a nice scarf and glove set, trying to find her one that she'll like is impossible as right now everything seems to be over the top frills or the wrong colour.

With my dad...eurgh, impossible to buy men presents if they don't game or rarely get chance to listen to cds or watch DVDs (My dad is working ridiculous shifts at waitrose these days), mostly it seems to be bike stuff which is expensive or slippers.

-.-

Obviously not, as I'm not Christian, but it seemed odd to me to be Muslim and celebrate originally Christian holidays at the same time.

I'm not picking at anything, I think it's all gravy.

..and with that back to christmas.

I always find that even when I start shopping now it ends up being a rushed thing, I can never quite find what I'm after - like my mum wants a nice scarf and glove set, trying to find her one that she'll like is impossible as right now everything seems to be over the top frills or the wrong colour.

With my dad...eurgh, impossible to buy men presents if they don't game or rarely get chance to listen to cds or watch DVDs (My dad is working ridiculous shifts at waitrose these days), mostly it seems to be bike stuff which is expensive or slippers.

-.-

My dad is impossible to buy for as well. He doesn't really have any hobbies, and he already buys everything he wants himself. So I'm always clueless as to what to get him.

My dad is impossible to buy for as well. He doesn't really have any hobbies, and he already buys everything he wants himself. So I'm always clueless as to what to get him.

This year I'm getting my dad sweeties, because he has a bad sweet tooth, which is quite lucky, so I'm going to an old sweet shop and getting a massive bag.

It's not much, but if he likes it then, woo!

This year I'm getting my dad sweeties, because he has a bad sweet tooth, which is quite lucky, so I'm going to an old sweet shop and getting a massive bag.

Haha I'd do that, but my dad has been ordered by the doctor to lose weight, so no sweets/chocolates for him this year. =P

Since I got old enough to buy the stuff I want for myself, I've actually found that sweets and chocolate are my favourite presents since it's something I don't treat myself too as much personally! :D

To be honest I'm just looking forward to seeing my friends again who've all gone to different universities for a nice catch up :)

As for actual wanted items, the only things I really want is Galaxy 2, Toy Story 3 on DVD or Blu-Ray, 30 Rock on DVD and then just some monies to keep me going for 2011.

I think as I've seen this thread crop up more on this forum, I have started to think more about xmas but I have no idea what I would like or what to get my parents/sister/nephew. I think at most, I'll ask for a new phone. My current one, that LG Chocolate piece of crap, is 4 years old or so and I really could use something that works. Perhaps a CD or two alongside that'll do, mainly ones I haven't been able to get hold of anywhere and have stupidly long delivery times on them for some reason.

My dad is an easy one to sort as there's an old record store in Dundee, along from my Uni, that sells old LPs and stuff and he's got one of those record players you hook up to your PC to make MP3s of your records so I'll probably get him some more records as I know what he likes to listen to. And a box of Bassett's liquorice as he loves the stuff.

Never know what to get my mother. Used to get little ornament things for her, which I guess she liked, and last year I got her one of those massive Yankee Candles but she never used it once so I have no idea what to get her this year. ::shrug: It's going to take ages to figure something out for her. Any basic tips on what to get a mother would be nice/helpful/appreciated :D.

As for my nephew, there's a Disney store near my Uni as well so I foresee a trip into there. He loves Toy Story but I think he's got enough Toy Story toys so perhaps I'll give him some older Disney cartoon related stuff. I gave him a Tom and Jerry DVD boxset last year. He was 3 so it might have been a little inappropriate but he loved it. Got really impatient about watching it because people kept giving him presents to open.

I'll probably leave it all to the last minute as always.

I want two things for Christmas:

1) to be wished merry Christmas by a certain someone, and

2) for it to snow an absolute blizzard all day long.

Unfortunately, money can't buy either but fingers crossed eh :p

Ganepark, here's a list of stuff I usually get my mum that she uses:

- Lush stuff/boots boxsets, check her bathroom sneakily and see what perfume and whatnot she uses and if she's running out! In a none weird creepy way obviously.

- Slippers

- Scarves/gloves/slippers

- Favourite films, does she mention stuff she wants to watch/listen too?

- Favourite chocolates/sweets

- Favourite books?

What do you buy for those that have everything...

I'm doing most of my xmas shopping at... car boot sales. Going to one next weekend with a friend who doesn't know it yet, and budgeting £5 max per gift. Getting roped into going late-night shopping with my 'double-date' crowd... Had a couple of tabs for hotukdeals offers open for, like, a week. Too scared to refresh them to see if the offers are off. Well, truthfully, I want to buy the things for myself. Bah.

I want two things for Christmas:

1) to be wished merry Christmas by a certain someone, and

Merry Christmas bud. :)

Tuesday past our towns christmas lights were turned on....

:confused:

You live in the Northern Irish bible-belt, but that's still pushing the Christmas festivities a little far... :indeed:

I'm going to be far from home this Christmas. :( What ever I get will be flat and light, I expect.

You live in the Northern Irish bible-belt, but that's still pushing the Christmas festivities a little far... :indeed:

I'm going to be far from home this Christmas. :( What ever I get will be flat and light, I expect.

a few years ago (2007 i think) they did it on the 1st Nov and were actually in the national newspaper as being the first in the UK.

Madness :bouncy:

Merry Christmas bud. :)

You've really touched me there Rez... now to call my lawyer and get you arrested :p

I'm not too fussed about receiving pressies, although I'd be partial to a new pair of runners seeing as mine are pretty worn out.

That's about it really since Pokémon Black & White and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS won't be out until next year :p

Edited by enchantress

I'm not too fussed about receiving pressies, although I'd be partial to a new pair of runners seeing as mine are pretty worn out.

That's about it really since Pokémon Black & White and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS won't be out until next year :p

A sneaky hint to your boyfriend I see ;)

I'd like some nice clothes. Always need clothes.

As for my gf, I plan to get her a spa treatment day thing for two so she can go with her best friend or mummy. I know she'd love it. I've had an idea for it in my head for ages. Not really sure where to start looking though as I've been suggested to keep away from those red-letter days/ experience voucher things.

A sneaky hint to your boyfriend I see ;)

I can see how it could be construed as such, but nah, hehehe. He knows I'm buying some this weekend :p

The pressie for your gf sounds nice, I'm sure she'll appreciate it. Some pampering will never go astray ^-^.

I've been thinking about it now, and honestly can't think of anything I really want. Nothing materialistic anyway. I know it sounds corny, but I'm just happy I have my man here with me. He's the best Christmas present ever ;).

Can't say what I'm getting him, though, cuz he'll see and it will spoil the surprise.

I can't really think of anything to ask either, to be honest. Which is a bit annoying as both Jim and my family expect me to make a Christmas list. =P

I did buy the first Christmas present for this year already, meaning Christmas shopping has officially started for me! I'd say "whooo" but that would be a lie haha.

I can't really think of anything to ask either, to be honest. Which is a bit annoying as both Jim and my family expect me to make a Christmas list. =P

I did buy the first Christmas present for this year already, meaning Christmas shopping has officially started for me! I'd say "whooo" but that would be a lie haha.

If you can't think of any gifts as such, maybe you could ask for things that you regularly need such as art materials, or maybe there's some new techniques/avenues (like your rings) you''ve been wanting to try but haven't had the equipment?

Must be a couple of things from the Game/CD/DVD category though?!

Or appropriate winter clothes? you said in the other thread you don't have many items to layer up!

Every year I ask for a voucher/gift card for my local art shop, yet they never buy me that. =P

I know of two/three games I could ask, thing is they might be hard to find here in Belgium (so Jim can buy them haha). As for music, haven't been following things too much so not sure what is out that I'd like.

And buying clothes for a girl is something you should neverrrr do. It's never good, a girl (or just me maybe) has to be able to try on the clothes first to see if they fit or look good. My godfather has a bad habit of buying me clothes, and they just end up in my wardrobe being unworn as they're not my style or just bleh or whatever. =P

Again, a gift card to my favourite clothing stores would be good. But my family never ever buy those haha.

Ganepark, here's a list of stuff I usually get my mum that she uses:

- Lush stuff/boots boxsets, check her bathroom sneakily and see what perfume and whatnot she uses and if she's running out! In a none weird creepy way obviously.

- Slippers

- Scarves/gloves/slippers

- Favourite films, does she mention stuff she wants to watch/listen too?

- Favourite chocolates/sweets

- Favourite books?

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually don't know much about my mother really so it's always been hard to think of stuff to get her. She never really mentions things like favourite films/music/etc so I've never gone down that route for an xmas present as it's too much of a shot in the dark. She always gets a big box of expensive chocolates from me anyway but I always feel that I should get something of substance for her as well as something consumable, like chocolates.

A scarf actually sounds like a simple but perfect idea. She never wears one but then she doesn't actually have one so I may opt for that. I'll see. Not going to start buying for xmas for another couple of weeks yet.

Turns out, though, my nephew is apparently getting a DS for his xmas. Perfect, as I know exactly the kind of games which would appeal to him so it saves me having to rack over what to get him and a trip to the Disney store.

Every year I ask for a voucher/gift card for my local art shop, yet they never buy me that. =P

I know of two/three games I could ask, thing is they might be hard to find here in Belgium (so Jim can buy them haha). As for music, haven't been following things too much so not sure what is out that I'd like.

And buying clothes for a girl is something you should neverrrr do. It's never good, a girl (or just me maybe) has to be able to try on the clothes first to see if they fit or look good. My godfather has a bad habit of buying me clothes, and they just end up in my wardrobe being unworn as they're not my style or just bleh or whatever. =P

Again, a gift card to my favourite clothing stores would be good. But my family never ever buy those haha.

Jim could ask your parents about getting you the gift card, that way it should get done!

You could always go shopping for clothes before christmas with your mum or something and then just have them on the day?

Jim could get you the gift card, that way it should get done! Or maybe he could find the games but your parents give them to you, swap round presents etc...

You could always go shopping for clothes before christmas with your mum or something and then just have them on the day?

Jim doesn't live in Belgium so for him to buy gift cards here or swap gifts with my parents seems impossible. And he's not coming over here for Christmas so yeah. =P

I don't like the idea of buying your own gifts for Christmas really, and then unwrapping them on the day. Seems a bit cheap haha. Plus we have this system going where we buy a gift for one person (it's a secret for who it is) and then smaller gifts for the other people. So unless someone tells me "Hey I have to buy a present for you" I won't be able to drag them to town to go clothes shopping with me. Would be a bit awkward if it was my dad haha.

Nah I'll just think of things... Maybe if I only list gift cards to shops they'll finally get me that. Or I'll just ask for general stuff like a scarf and earrings. =P