Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

Daft

Routh was perfect in that role and a great, great Superman. Nobody would ever deny that.

I can tell though that by Henry's casting they are going for a slightly different take. A little less all-American, big smile, wink, cheese kinda thing. I hate using the word "darker" but I think a little more "real world" this time.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed that people liked Routh. I honestly thought he spoke like a mouse. Go back and watch that scene where he walks onto the aeroplane and find me one ounce of the presence Superman ought to have in the deliverance of his lines.

Well the boots just look like normal Superman boots. We'll know for sure when we get an image that shows properly if thats just a belt or his underoonies. Id assume theyre going for the well known costume, not enough time will have passed for people to understand the change I dont think.

• 2 weeks later...

Official Synopsis

"In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone's imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question -- Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as 'Superman,' not only to shine as the world's last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves."

I don't mind him looking muscular/strong, of course you'd expect him to be... but not Chris Redfield ripped, he'd be busting out of his work suits!

In Smallville Clark still manages to look strong/subremely physically fit/imposing for example, but also perfectly pulls off the regular guy look.

But anyway, like I say, thats just a specific muscular still, it might look different in motion.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!