NEurope
Beast

Joe McElderry

Oh God, has anybody heard Joe McElderry's new song? He's ripped off a song from ages ago and made it into some kind of dance song or something. It was played on the radio and I didn't even recognise him through the instrumentals and autotune. It's below average at best.

Here's the song:

I think he can do better than this. What do you guys think?

Edited by Animal

I'll just ignore the fact that I've never heard of him and say that it reminds me of some other crappy singer, who ripped off something I'm sure I heard years ago. something to do with "the sound of music".

It seems to be a current trend. There's the "you spin my head right round", the ultra cheesy "I'm too sexy for this shirt" and a few others used in current "dance" music that they play on Radio 1.

I'm sure there's one where in the middle they play an actual clip from "Back to life, Back to reality" for 5 seconds. I wish they played the full song instead.

I'll just ignore the fact that I've never heard of him and say that it reminds me of some other crappy singer, who ripped off something I'm sure I heard years ago. something to do with "the sound of music".

It seems to be a current trend. There's the "you spin my head right round", the ultra cheesy "I'm too sexy for this shirt" and a few others used in current "dance" music that they play on Radio 1.

I'm sure there's one where in the middle they play an actual clip from "Back to life, Back to reality" for 5 seconds. I wish they played the full song instead.

I hate those tracks. Flo Rida seems to be the master of doing such things as you mentioned, there's three tracks I can think of where he's done it. I think Sugababes did "I'm too sexy" and that was awful. Also, Alexandra Burke has gone down the same path with her single "Start Without You", the beat is a blatant rip-off of Boney M's Holiday.

I just hate it when people think they've written the song and they did it, lol.

He sounds a bit Jake from Scissor Sisters esque.

Doesn't sound like him at all... but really his voice was more suited to musicals wasn't it, so maybe he had to do something a little different to stand much hope of a sustained chart career.

I think he can do better than this. What do you guys think?

I don't worry, soon he'll just be a distant memory.

Who??

(Yes, i know who he is. I just like to attempt at not knowing who he is, because he's crap)

God its awful! I honestly think this kids career is dead already. Male winners of X-Factor always fail to do anything and he came out as gay right? I think he instantly loses some of his appeal and marketability as girls won't go crazy over him...

God its awful! I honestly think this kids career is dead already. Male winners of X-Factor always fail to do anything and he came out as gay right? I think he instantly loses some of his appeal and marketability as girls won't go crazy over him...

He will be remembered as that guy who won X-Factor but never got the number one hit that always follows.

He's one of the few celebrities I genuinely fancy.

He looks/ed like you. In a certain light. Which makes your attraction to him "...".

Mirror, Mirror

On the wall

Who's the flyest bitch of them all?

NEVERMIND I AM

I hate those tracks. Flo Rida seems to be the master of doing such things as you mentioned, there's three tracks I can think of where he's done it. I think Sugababes did "I'm too sexy" and that was awful. Also, Alexandra Burke has gone down the same path with her single "Start Without You", the beat is a blatant rip-off of Boney M's Holiday.

I just hate it when people think they've written the song and they did it, lol

Just to clarify, Cube, I'm sure your talking about JLS's, the Club is Alive with the Sound of Music. :hmm:

I really dislike "artists" who do that. I'm not a big fan of the song either, but some music is supposed to be light-hearted. I know it helps if it's actually good, but I think shows like the X-factor etc. have made us so critical of everything. As for me, I'll just ignore this song but whoever finds it good, fair enough I guess

I just heard the acoustic version and I think it's much better.

Just to clarify, Cube, I'm sure your talking about JLS's, the Club is Alive with the Sound of Music. :hmm:

I really dislike "artists" who do that. I'm not a big fan of the song either, but some music is supposed to be light-hearted. I know it helps if it's actually good, but I think shows like the X-factor etc. have made us so critical of everything. As for me, I'll just ignore this song but whoever finds it good, fair enough I guess

I was referring to the part in his post when he said "You Spin Me Right Round" which Flo Rida and Ke$ha totally ripped off too! :hmm: