NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Posted (edited)

Today's purchases and travel plans for the last week of April I made:

• Train tickets to Hamburg - will spend a night at a friend's place
  • plane tickets for a flight from Hamburg to Belgrade - will go from Belgrade to Novi Sad (there will be an event of the student organisation I'm a part of)
  • Air BnB in Novi Sad for 5 nights - after that I'll spend a night at someone's place between Novi Sad and Belgrade (a friend has a connection)
  • plane ticket for a flight from Belgrade to Hamburg - will spend a night at a friend's place
  • train tickets back to Cologne (and then go back to my place)

Pretty expensive and I might have to live a little thrifty in May (and June), but it's gonna be worth it :D

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

91xtUgNCMeL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg918V0dcfksL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Berserk Deluxe volumes 5 and 6. I'm way behind with collecting this. Mostly because they're stupid expensive for a book.

• Like 1

91N2zaZbDoL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg91buszXYOeL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I know it hasn't been a week. But I need to know...

• Like 1

I spent the weekend in Heidelberg and had to buy their melon liqueur:

alex-heidelberger-wassermelone-mood-1080x1080a-510x510.jpgHeidelberger-Melonen-Schnaps-aus-der-Genussmanufaktur-Alex-Hortus-Palatinus-in-Heidelberg-mood-1080x1080-1-510x510.jpg

Watermelon and cantaloupe flavour, two bottles each.
Ice cold in summer...

james-franco-so-good.gif

9190ZVtmGKL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg91IxzGkVHXL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg91skGOuI6fL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg91-iCTwEwfL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Money comes in. Money goes out. Just need two more volumes and i'm done.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, martinist said:

Money comes in. Money goes out. Just need two more volumes and i'm done.

Do you get any of the other deluxe editions? I don't really have the space for manga at the moment with all my comic omnibus' taking up the room so I stopped buying them but I've got the first 3 Berserks, the first Hellsing and am still kind of tempted to grab Trigun just because I loved the anime so much.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Do you get any of the other deluxe editions? I don't really have the space for manga at the moment with all my comic omnibus' taking up the room so I stopped buying them but I've got the first 3 Berserks, the first Hellsing and am still kind of tempted to grab Trigun just because I loved the anime so much.

Focusing on Berserk at the moment but the Trigun Deluxe edition looks really nice. Viz also announced a Vagabond Deluxe edition comming out early next year so i might wait for that.

Other than Berserk, I don't havce any other deluxe editions. Hellsing is only three volumes though so i might look at that in the future.

Selling my Macbook Air after the end of the grand Apple experiment and decided to go with the new Surface Pro 11 as it's replacement. Been using it all today and I'm really happy with it. It's my first Arm device but so far no real issues with software compatibility. Battery life seems to be great and I've still yet to hear the fans.

surface-pro-11th-edition-sapphire-compar

My old surface could do with being replaced but torn with what. From what I've seen recent Surface devices have had poor battery life. 

58 minutes ago, Ashley said:

My old surface could do with being replaced but torn with what. From what I've seen recent Surface devices have had poor battery life. 

This new one is on the new arm chips so gets a lot better battery life but you just have to go into it knowing that not all software will work brilliantly straight away. A lot of stuff either has arm versions already that work brilliantly or can be automatically run through the emulator and you barely notice but you do get the occasional software like Premiere Pro that is just locked out by Adobe until they release a proper arm version of it.

It depends what you use your Surface for really. Mine is a bit of graphic design and art for work then a load of media consumption and web browsing. 90% of the software I use already had compatible versions.

22 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

This new one is on the new arm chips so gets a lot better battery life but you just have to go into it knowing that not all software will work brilliantly straight away. A lot of stuff either has arm versions already that work brilliantly or can be automatically run through the emulator and you barely notice but you do get the occasional software like Premiere Pro that is just locked out by Adobe until they release a proper arm version of it.

It depends what you use your Surface for really. Mine is a bit of graphic design and art for work then a load of media consumption and web browsing. 90% of the software I use already had compatible versions.

Honestly at the moment aside from a browser I'm primarily using VS Code. I might use Affinity if I got a new machine as I'm currently just using photopea instead but that was because I was running out of space but managed to clear out 40GB last week so maybe I should give that a go. 

So not much, really. 

19 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Honestly at the moment aside from a browser I'm primarily using VS Code. I might use Affinity if I got a new machine as I'm currently just using photopea instead but that was because I was running out of space but managed to clear out 40GB last week so maybe I should give that a go. 

So not much, really. 

Affinity v2 suite now has arm versions so those would work. I installed Affinity Publisher today.