NEurope
Dante

Dark Souls

Anyone preorder the collector's pack thing? Just got mine done :D :D My body is ready... but how long it lasts is another matter!

I did yesterday after reading your post, thanks.

It's criminal not to get this, you're basically getting a collector's edition what with the guide and artbook, and the behind the scenes + soundtrack discs, but for the price of a regular game.

I'm defintely going to get this. I ordered Demon's Souls from Zavvi a while back and it never showed up. I've got a ton of work to do at the moment and then away for july and august so that only leaves me september to play it before the servers go down. In some ways seems pointless...so may as well wait for Dark Souls

I did yesterday after reading your post, thanks.

It's criminal not to get this, you're basically getting a collector's edition what with the guide and artbook, and the behind the scenes + soundtrack discs, but for the price of a regular game.

Did not know that. I've put down my pre-order now, this game looks amazing!

So this is out on the 7th right? If I could be bothered to get the ol' PS3 online in my uni room, and if I had money, I'd be buying it instantly.

But neither of those will happen.

Hmm is the day 1 edition every copy of the game that gets shipped on launch day or is it strictly limited?

Went back to Demons Souls in preparation for this and got a lot further than I did before. So that will keep me going until Friday. I'm genuinely excitied for this game now - the reviews for this have been great.

Gonna be a tough bastard of a game but I'm in training - My body is ready!

9932693.jpg

A.jpg

Pre-ordered. YES. :bouncy:

slightly disappointing to notice the guide book is a digital download..I considered getting it for this if it was decent as its obviously a game that needs a guide and would have been nice to have a proper guide book. but now may as well wait till its cheaper.

Ordered this yesterday... I've never played Demon Souls but being that this clearly superior sequel is out on both formats I decided to take the plunge.

I am ready for everything in this game to carve my ass up, hand it to me on a plate and make me eat it! :p

slightly disappointing to notice the guide book is a digital download..I considered getting it for this if it was decent as its obviously a game that needs a guide and would have been nice to have a proper guide book. but now may as well wait till its cheaper.

Slightly odd that your basing your decision to buy one of this years best titles on whether you get a guide with it? I'm not critisizing, just wondering why that would be when, let's face it, googling a guide will bring up thousands. Also, wikidsouls will be the place to get game help.

Game wikis will always eclipse the efforts of guidebooks. Add to that, paper guides will greater influence you down a particular path than you might want, whereas in Wikis you can just consult one page, one problem, or identify one character and then read up on it to extract the smallest detail you're looking for.

I want to meat-cleaver somebody over the head online again.

Madness...look at what you are getting for standard retail price! This isn't even an expensive collector's edition or anything - not aware of any other games that give away tons of stuff in a standard RRP priced game. Also bear in mind that the later editions won't include all this stuff.

As far as I know the digital guide will have been compiled by the people who contributed to the Demon's Souls unoffical wiki type thing. Unless things have changed, that was the be all and end all resource on Demon's Souls so it should be good.

Demon's Souls already won RPG of the year and system from several places...this is well worth the money! Can't wait. :D Yes Dwarf, we will be meat cleaving noobs to crap if there is one in this game. :)

Best of luck to you

Edited by Sheikah

Slightly odd that your basing your decision to buy one of this years best titles on whether you get a guide with it? I'm not critisizing, just wondering why that would be when, let's face it, googling a guide will bring up thousands. Also, wikidsouls will be the place to get game help.

Madness...look at what you are getting for standard retail price! This isn't even an expensive collector's edition or anything - not aware of any other games that give away tons of stuff in a standard RRP priced game. Also bear in mind that the later editions won't include all this stuff.

As far as I know the digital guide will have been compiled by the people who contributed to the Demon's Souls unoffical wiki type thing. Unless things have changed, that was the be all and end all resource on Demon's Souls so it should be good.

Demon's Souls already won RPG of the year and system from several places...this is well worth the money! Can't wait. :D Yes Dwarf, we will be meat cleaving noobs to crap if there is one in this game. :)

Best of luck to you

I think people are misunderstanding me....As cool as Dark Soul's looks its not a priority for me this winter. However having a nice actual guide book would have been a nice extra...I don't think an art book and soundtrack is enough extras for a game I could pick up way cheaper later on. Also the movies will appear online so there no incentive there. It's a game I'm only curious about not a must have, I didn't play Demon Souls and I'm not the greatest gamer. Just a nice actual guide would is more of an incentive to pick up now rather than later. (let's face it the PDF will do the rounds) also like people say wikia's are awesome, currently using one for Dragon Age.

I am still undecided I'll be honest.

:D Yes Dwarf, we will be meat cleaving noobs to crap if there is one in this game. :)

Best of luck to you

The cooperative n00b culling may have to wait til next year, but yes indeed.

Got an app message saying ShopTo are processing my order. So should definitely be shipped tomorrow and here by Thursday should think. :D

Mine also should be arriving tomorrow - god help me - I have a question though regarding the unique online system...

What happens when you play it online for a bit and then play it offline for a bit, does it matter? For instance the way in which you can touch any splatter of another players blood to see their demise and learn from it... does that only work when you're connected or does it periodically update things like that while you're online and retain them even if you lose connection?

Edited by S.C.G

Mine also should be arrivign tomorrow - god help me - I have a question though regarding the unique online system...

What happens when you play it online for a bit and then play it offline for a bit, does it matter? For instance the way in which you can touch any splatter of another players blood to see their demise and learn from it... does that only work when you're connected or does it periodically update things like that while you're online and retain them even if you lose connection?

On Demon's souls, you could switch between online and offline without any issues. You can only view bloodstains or blood messages online, just as you can only be invaded (against your will) or invade others online. When you played online and lost connection, the game would tell you you've lost your connection and reload the level, but you'd still be where you were and with all the same stuff/enemies killed.

It's fun playing online if you can, just because I like killing the people who invade me. :)

Play.com posted my copy today, probably get it Friday or Saturday at the latest.

Never played Demons Souls and I've kept myself mostly in the dark about Dark Souls :indeed: so I can't wait to play it!

I'd not play it offline purely for the fact that the real time apparitions make the game that much more special. I hope the music is as eerie this time round.

My copy was despatched today from zaavi - so fingers crossed

Well it didn't arrive today :shakehead - better be here tomorrow.

My copy arrived today but I haven't had a chance to play it yet due to work but I shall give it a try in a bit... :D

... the artwork in the collectors edition is disturbingly lovely btw. :)

Got this yesterday and had a few hours on it. At first you'd think this was easier due to the health potions that regenerate when you rest at a campfire (like the equivalent of the spawn points in Demon's Souls. But then you realise that the fires are as far apart typically as whole levels in Demon's Souls, and that the enemies are harder. It's also hard to find healing items other than the ones that replenish at fires, and resting at a fire is a but like dying in that all the enemies respawn.

I picked the pyromancer to begin with since it's level 1 so you can put stats where you want easily, and the pyromancy is pretty cool and damaging. Helps out a lot on early bosses since you can keep a fair bit of distance and still do good damage (plus it's splash damage, good for ambushes).

The open worlded-ness is great, although I'm not far enough yet to see if/how fast travel is enabled, since it would eventually take a while to get back to places.

This game rocks! Get it if you haven't. Or if you're fed up of easy games. :)