N-Europe

Customer service

nightwolf

So I was thinking of where to put my question:

Is dabs.com a reputable company to buy for?

But it got me thinking, customer service is awful these days, there are times when you're frantic because a company online you thought were good have run off and taken your money, other times when someone in-store is lazy or rude..

So n-er's has there been a time when customer service either online or in-store has been awful? Have you ever avoided anywhere because of it?

Oh and is dabs.com worth buying from..?:bowdown:

I've bought from dabs.com before, I've only ever had one problem with them but they did eventually sort it.

Basically when I was building my pc 3 or 4 years ago they advertised the motherboard I bought as being compatible with Pentium D (god knows why I bought one of those) but it wasn't. I ended up having to send the motherboard back, got sent another, then I found out about the imcompatibility and sent the processor back and bought a core duo 2 from somewhere else.

They were good about it in the end and I got my money back, just a bit time consuming because they didn't advertise their product properly.

For one of the biggest retail companies, I've always thought very highly of Amazon's customer service. Whenever i've had problems they've always dealt with it straight away with no fuss. For the amount of things i've ordered from them, problems have been far and few between.

I have never purchased from dabs so can't say anything about them but if you're letting me rant...

Applying for a Professional and Careers Development Loan from Barclays (only they and Co-Op do it and Co-Op would charge if I pay it all back before my payment dates, which'll hopefully be what happens). They want three forms of ID. I have passport and bank statements but nothing else they want. I thought a P60 would be okay so I rang up someone last week and they said it would. Rang up today (as the first person seemed to be fobbing me off) and they said it wouldn't, I need a P2. On the form it just says 'Correspondence from Inland Revenue with your name, address, NIN and be from the current or previous tax year', which it is. But noooo. Women was really snippy as well. They'll accept voters cards (which you hand in when you vote), postal redelivery notification (which you hand in when you pick up the post) but not this. So I try again with someone else and went round in circles. Spoke to a manager and they said go into a branch and open an account using your passport and three months worth of statements. I then had to ring up the central number to arrange a meeting TODAY. So he said he booked one at a branch that's about 3 miles away (not my nearest but the nearest is a tiny thing that I know takes days to see someone anyway). "When is suitable for you?" "Anytime after an hour or so from now." "2 o'clock?" "Yes that's fine." So off I go on the bus and on the way get a phone call "Hi you want to make an appointment?" "No I've made one for 2 o'clock, I'm on my way now" "I'm afraid we're all booked up" -_- So I go into the branch and talk to someone who was nice enough and she spoke to the PCDL department and they again said open an account and then apply, even though it says on all the documentation you need to have had an account for three months (had I know I would have opened an account months ago) if this is the case. The woman then books me in for an appointment tomorrow so I've gotta go back.

Just full of conflicting information, being passed around, being fucked around and just grr. So shit.

Rant over ^_^

I have never purchased from dabs so can't say anything about them but if you're letting me rant...

Applying for a Professional and Careers Development Loan from Barclays. They want three forms of ID. I have passport and bank statements but nothing else they want.

I went through that. Since I was at uni nothing bill-wise had my name on, naturally my parents instead. Had to take one of mum's gas bills in and my birth certificate to prove she was my mummy. Since she has also remarried I had to take in her wedding certificate. Tis a fucking joke.

Even after all that it was the "wrong" birth certificate.

Replying to customer service emails is part of my job (this is for a small online fabric store, so we don't get a lot of complaints). However I'm not too good at it - I want the customer to be happy, my boss wants the situation resolved. As the boss doesn't look at it often, I go with the happy one.

The best I've had so far has been Nintendo. When I got my new Wii (a few months ago), I asked them I there was any way to get the VC games from my old one (which was stolen in 2007) activated on my new one. They responded saying they needed police reports. So I contacted Sheffield police, and after a while they sent me the police record. I scanned it, sent it to Nintendo (with a few other details). A few hours later I was able to download my VC games.

The worst I've dealt with is eBay (as in the actual company) in regards to when you're the seller. They really don't care about sellers at all - the back end is extremely messy and no matter what they'll go with the customer - they've even given refunds to customers who said that there was no problem with their order.

I've always experienced really good service at Amazon. Good prices, quick delivery and no problems.

Another great company I did business with is AbbyShot Clothiers, a Canadian clothing store which specializes in making clothes from films, series and general geekdom. Except they don't just make costumes, they make actual clothing that's extremely screen accurate. And while they offer set sizes, many models can also be custom-tailored to no less than 10 different measurements. Sure, it's expensive, but they're extremely friendly, answer literally every petty question you may have, and the quality of their work is incredible. And yes, they're the company I bought my Matrix trenchcoat from.

It seems there are far too many bad reviews for me to even think of getting the keyboard via dabs.com, I've found a replacement luckily at argos for the same price and pick it up tomorrow.

Has anybody had any good customer service? Something that really stood out to you?

I've had no problems with Dabs or Amazon customer service-wise, both have great service and have been happy to help with any enquiry i've made. Same goes for GAME as well. E-buyer has good service, well they have for me anyway.

Some of the worst i've had was from E-bay, which surprised me. Somebody said i sold dodgy stuff and e-bay threatened me, and were not in any-way going to listen to my case. I did go to shut my account down, but it got refused until i payed something like £150 back to the guy who put claims down for dodgy stuff, even though the item page stated "no refunds" and payed e-bay for something.

Dabs are being funny with my order at the moment, i ordered 2 hours before cut-off for next-day delivery. Order page states 14th for delivery, (i can provide proof of this if needed) so i wait all day and nothing comes up. I e-mail them and i get this back

Dear Mr Richards

We're pleased to confirm that we have now accepted and despatched your

order on Tuesday 14 September 2010.

Unless you chose a next day or other premium delivery service option, then in

most cases your order will arrive within 1-3 days. If we despatched your order

via Letterpost, it may take a little longer.

***Please note that your order may have shipped in separate boxes

and this means that separate consignment numbers may be applicable***

Please keep this email until your goods arrive in case you need to follow up

on this delivery.

Eh, thats not next day ordering. I payed for delivery for the 14th and now i'm expecting it on the 15th.

Some of the worst i've had was from E-bay, which surprised me. Somebody said i sold dodgy stuff and e-bay threatened me, and were not in any-way going to listen to my case. I did go to shut my account down, but it got refused until i payed something like £150 back to the guy who put claims down for dodgy stuff, even though the item page stated "no refunds" and payed e-bay for something.

I'm glad (well not glad, but that's just how the saying goes...it's a rather odd saying, really) I'm not the only one.

In the end I stayed far away and ordered from argos, the reviews were far too awful for me to consider and not even the normal amount a company gets, I hardly found any good reviews about them when I looked.

Sounds like they're doing the same things I researched about! Hopefully you get your item soon!