NEurope
Murr

Super Mario All-Stars

Anyway... while it would have been nicer to have Super Mario All-Stars on the VC I can see why they decided to go with the - slightly more lucrative - retail disc.

Maybe they will eventually once the Collectors Disk is out of print. They are stopping print the game in Feburary in Japan, I imagine the US and EU will follow suit shortly after.

Got my copy of this today! What an amazing package for 20 quid! Well worth it, but took a while to find a place that sold one in a decent and undamaged box!

What an amazing package for 20 quid! Well worth it..

If you're not being sarcastic, you've made me a little tempted to pick this up some time :eek: I'd like to play through all of those games again and with the battery playing up on my SNES cartridge, it might be nice to pick up the Collector's Edition :smile:

If you're not being sarcastic, you've made me a little tempted to pick this up some time :eek: I'd like to play through all of those games again and with the battery playing up on my SNES cartridge, it might be nice to pick up the Collector's Edition :smile:

I'm not being sarcastic at all. I went to get this on day of release, the only reason I didn't was because of the state of the outer card boxes, I like things to be perfect for a game of this calibre!

I got a pretty good condition box, with only three minor dents/rubs on the edges and no rubbing what-so-ever of the gold on the front, so was quite contented.

I opened it up to find TWO DVD boxes! One with the history booklet, which is a really well done and quality piece along with the soundtrack disk. Very happy. The second contains the game. Overall a stunning package considering the price.

What's more it features 3 of my favorite games of all time. Seriously, this is well worth the cash, I doubt there has ever been a budget release that is this good before. In fact, I'd have paid full price for this considering what a nice package it is!

Got my copy of this today! What an amazing package for 20 quid! Well worth it, but took a while to find a place that sold one in a decent and undamaged box!

I got mine from GAME online and the box arrived squashed, going to take it back at some point and get a new one.

It's actually nice to hear something positive about the package for a change as almost everyone, rightly or wrongly, has been quite negative regarding what is on offer! For £17.99, I've certainly been considering it :smile:

Edited by nekunando

I got mine from GAME online and the box arrived squashed, going to take it back at some point and get a new one.

That's exactly why I was scared ordering online. I think retailers really don't understand just how much a lot of people love having their boxes in mint condition. This can be a huge problem with online retailers as you can't view it before you hand over the cash! I would have been very disappointed if that had happened to me, I really empathise with your position.

It's actually nice to hear something positive about the package for a change as almost everyone, rightly or wrongly, has been quite negative regarding what is on offer! For £17.99, I've certainly been considering it :smile:

Bah! You should be buying the SNES version!

Bah! You should be buying the SNES version!

If you read my previous post, you would know that I have the SNES version :heh: Unfortunately, though, the save data is never certain to be there when I try to play it :indeed:

That's exactly why I was scared ordering online. I think retailers really don't understand just how much a lot of people love having their boxes in mint condition. This can be a huge problem with online retailers as you can't view it before you hand over the cash! I would have been very disappointed if that had happened to me, I really empathise with your position.

Yeah, I really shouldn't have bought it online, the delays caused by the snow didn't help either. GAME didn't really package it very well as well. I need to stop buying Special Editions/Collectors Edition online, but they are usally quite a bit cheaper.

If you read my previous post, you would know that I have the SNES version :heh: Unfortunately, though, the save data is never certain to be there when I try to play it :indeed:

Bah! You should be buying it again!

I've read people say the controls are slippery or laggy or something. Haven't noticed this sorta thing mentioned in reviews but maybe its what Gamesradar is experiencing. :indeed:

This is sadly true, when playing on HDTVs there is a lag with old games :(

I tried playing this yesterday on my parents 40inch Sony Bravia, it was for me unplayable. The tiny delay makes them virtually unplayable for me. I've heard this delay doesn't occur on all TVs and not on older ones. Other people have said this might be cured by using the component cable.

All of this is rather annoying for me. I'm going to test it on other TVs later.

I've heard of the lag too, byt haven't experienced it myself.

I have 42" Philips LCD, and there's no lag at all.

I know it's hard to give it a bad review when it's the classic mario titles and it's cheaper than most wii games

But seriously reviewers need to be harsher on this. I've seen sonic mega collection getting 8 and 9/10 at the time and that was a well put together collection.

I haven't played this version but it's apparantly unchanged from the original. Don't be afraid to give something a 6/10 if it doesn't fulfill what it's supposed to do.

Nintendo power gave this game a higher grade than donkey kong country returns. Don't be ridiculous.

I've heard of the lag too, byt haven't experienced it myself.

I have 42" Philips LCD, and there's no lag at all.

I've now been playing it on a regular TV and it's fine. Basically the problems come from having certain HDTVs and not using a component cable. It causes a slight delay. But after playing these games again it would be hard not to recommend this package, the games are just as good as they've always been and the overall package is brilliant for the price.

Iwata Asks: Super Mario Bros. 25th anniversary.

img002.gif

Iwata

The buttons weren't round yet, right? And for movement, you...huh? It says you're supposed to push up on the D-pad to jump!

Miyamoto

Oh, um...

Nakago

You're right!

Iwata

The A button is for attacking with items... Could this be for The Legend of Zelda?

Nakago

Huh?

Miyamoto

That's strange. It says, "Press the D-pad left and right to control Mario at two speeds..."

Nakago

No, it's for Super Mario Bros.

Tezuka

(laughs)

Iwata

And it says the A button is for kicking when empty-handed and also for using a rifle and a beam gun. Is this really for Super Mario Bros.?! (laughs)

Everyone

(laughs)

Miyamoto

He was going to use a beam gun when he flew on a cloud.

Iwata

Ever since the beginning, you imagined him flying in the sky?

Miyamoto

Yes. But at the time, it wasn't on a cloud, but on a rocket.

Iwata

Huh? Mario flying on a rocket?! (laughs) Oh right, that's on another page.

Mario was going to have a gun and ride on a rocket levels! O_o

Kondo

Mario sort of flashes as he gets bigger, so I made that sound effect to match. And to save memory, I needed to get a lot of use out of the same sounds. So, for example, I used the same sound for when he gets smaller and when he goes into pipes.

Miyamoto

When he goes into pipes, it goes chung-chung-chung. I bet you hadn't noticed they were the same.

Iwata

Oh, I guess they are.

Kondo

And the bwip! sounds when he steps on turtles and swims are the same.

Iwata

They seemed different in my head, but I guess they're the same!

The sounds notes are the same. :o

The sounds notes are the same. :o

It's the cloud/bush thing all over again.

It's not really that weird. In SML you flew around in a plane that fired missiles.

It's not really that weird. In SML you flew around in a plane that fired missiles.

And you got to pilot a submarine and shoot things underwater!