NEurope
Murr

Super Mario All-Stars

Sorry if already posted, i did search!

Super Mario All-Stars heading to Wii?

Japanese retailers have reportedly leaked news that Nintendo will launch a Wii version of the Super Nintendo's Super Mario All-Stars compilation next month.

Andriasang reports that retailers were briefed on Super Mario Collection Special Pack today and that it is a revival of All-Stars, which included Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 and 3 plus The Lost Levels on a single cartridge.

Apparently the game is due out on 21st October for 2500 yen (£19 / €23) and will also come with a Super Mario History 1985-2010 booklet and a soundtrack CD covering the entire series right up to Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Nintendo hasn't confirmed those details, but has confirmed other details that reportedly came from the same briefing, including Japanese dates for Golden Sun and Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Source - Eurogamer.com

Wow, if true this would be awesome, Would love to see the History booklet that they're meant to be bundling with it!

Mh, if they were recreations of those classic games with the NSMBW engine, this might be really interesting.

This week I was really shocked when I went back to my SM64 on the VC after playing SMG2. The low framerate and the sluggish controls resulting from it made it really hard to get into it. When I tried SMB3 on the VC I had a very similar impression compared to NSMBW.

2.5D and fluent 60fps for the world! :D

I don't understand?... so it's all those games with updated visuals?

Personally I'd probably just rather play the originals on the Virtual Console...

I prefer the way the backgrouds/characters look on those anyway than the current 2.5D stuff.

No details yet but Nintendo is celebrating the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros by releasing it.

No details yet but Nintendo is celebrating the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros by releasing it.

is that what the deal is with all the Nintendo adverts lately? "Mario, part of the family for 25 years!"

I'd hope the release of it would be a global thing.

Yeah actually thinking about it I would be quite interested to see what they can do with the old games, and like you say they be easier to play and hopefully have multiplayer too!

Sounds legit and you know Nintendo arent gonna let that NSMB Wii engine sit idle for too long. Though i hope they do modify it too look more cartoony and less plastic-y?

From what I heard though, they're just ports of the Mario All-Stars SNES versions

Thing is, I worry that this will be Stars Catalogue only here which sucks as nobody will have enough stars since they've made all our stars expire

^ Aren't all those games already on the VC though?

not the snes remake versions though...

I can't see them doing a straight port of the snes versions. Just seems odd. I would love for them to include yoshi's island and the super mario land titles.

You ever play sonic mega collection for gamecube? i'd love THAT with mario titles.

Nintendo confirms Super Mario Collection Special Pack

Just as I expected, Nintendo has officially confirmed the existence of Super Mario Collection Special Pack in Japan. Unfortunately, we don't have any details that confirm the rumored information about the game, but at least we know that the game does indeed exist. An official listing for Super Mario Collection Special Pack popped up on Nintendo's release schedule, confirming the Oct. 21st date.

GoNintendo

I hope this gets a proper release and not get treated like the zelda collectors disk. it would set the charts on fire if it did

The low price indicates to me that its jut ports and not upgrades to say NSMB style visuals

The bonuses sounds nice though, I'd probably buy it if they release it over here.

The low price indicates to me that its jut ports and not upgrades to say NSMB style visuals

You're probably right, which means I wouldn't exactly rush to get this. If this were NSMBW engine ports however, even without multiplayer... :3

Wtf... 'Super Mario Collection Special Pack'... one or the other Nintendo! One or the other!

Super Mario All Stars was called "Super Mario Collection" in Japan.

Hopefully, they'll expand this to include Yoshi's Island, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine - I suspect they won't as it'd canibalise Wii Shop Channel entries.

I'd much rather have the original SNES visuals over a NSMB makeover any day!

Same here!!! Glad someone else said it and I'm not the only one who feels this way!

Would be good but it isn't convincing me too much. Even with the SNES graphics it should really be released on DS. Fuck, GBA would be more logical. But if they're going to proper amp up the graphics like they've done with New Super Mario Bros then it might be worth a look.

Somewhere inbetween SNES and NSMB visuals would be great.

17-snes_super_mario_world_1.jpg

and

new-super-mario-bros-wii-screenshot.jpg

Somehow cross-breed the two. Vibrant colours. Maybe tighten up some of the physics, again somewhere between the old and the new.

From gointendo

- port of 1993's Super Mario All-Stars

- visuals will most likely remain unchanged

- booklet recapping 25 years of Mario history with previously unseen development materials

- soundtrack with music from the original Super Mario Bros. through Super Mario Galaxy 2

- limited time production

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=135318

I have no idea what they wouldn't want to make a bigger thing of this...

Especially seen as super mario all-stars wasn't exactly perfect porting per say.

Oh well, if they release it here then I may pick it up.