NEurope
Murr

Super Mario All-Stars

FOR FUCK'S SAKE

http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2010/11/super_mario_all_stars_25th_anniversary_is_50hz_only

I understand somewhat with the Virtual Console stuff...but there is no excuse for it not to be progressive on a damn retail disk, especially as the other regions have it on at least 60hz interlace

and that ladies and gentlemen is why Nintendo will always suffer from piracy.

If homebrew developers can do this why can't nintendo. It's BULLSHIT

Well you'll get the retro european feel when you're playing! I actually recently played me a 60Hz version of SMB3, and the difference in speed was actually quite noticeable!

I saw this on the shelf today and, whilst I'm not bothered personally, I cannot believe Nintendo are just repackaging a SNES cartridge on disc. No 60hz option, no Super Mario World... it's quite unbelievable!

I saw this on the shelf today and, whilst I'm not bothered personally, I cannot believe Nintendo are just repackaging a SNES cartridge on disc. No 60hz option, no Super Mario World... it's quite unbelievable!

Is it really though?

I'm still buying it, if not just for the book, boxart and soundtrack. At least it's only £20 - an easy £20 for Nintendo but hey ::shrug:

Well you'll get the retro european feel when you're playing! I actually recently played me a 60Hz version of SMB3, and the difference in speed was actually quite noticeable!

OH it really is. It's quite as noticeable as sonic games but it's always noticeable.

Shame really I thought we have evolved past this 60HZ business.

Metroid prime 2 echoes even required you to use 60hz as far as I remember.

What they should have done is used the original, nostalgic graphics, in 480p so it looks fairly crisp. It probably wouldn't even be much work, either.

What they should have done is used the original, nostalgic graphics, in 480p so it looks fairly crisp. It probably wouldn't even be much work, either.

That was what I was hoping for

They could - and should - have created something really special for Mario's anniversary.

£100 for all the main series Mario games up to right up to Galaxy, exclusively commissioned figurines and graphic novel, on disk interviews, reviews, original launch videos and trailers (or access to an exclusive online area for such things), all packaged in a "?" block case. Now thats would be worthy of Mario's 25th. Whats on offer now is a simple cash in.

wait... what? ::shrug:

2010 is the 25th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

2011 is the 30th Anniversary of Mario (i.e. Donkey Kong).

I would, if I hadn't already rebought the games a gazillion times before.

Same here, still got all my Nintendo consoles right back to the NES, don't really need rereleases.

2010 is the 25th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

2011 is the 30th Anniversary of Mario (i.e. Donkey Kong).

Aah I see, it all makes sense now! It'd be cool if Nintendo made a big thing about Donkey Kong's 30th but sadly I don't see it happening.

But... if they brought out a "Donkey Kong All-Stars" with DKC 1, 2 and 3 in a fancy box with a CD... I would just have to buy it.

But... if they brought out a "Donkey Kong All-Stars" with DKC 1, 2 and 3 in a fancy box with a CD... I would just have to buy it.

That would be awesome.

The 'Go Ape' soundtrack given away with the original DKC?

Back on to All Stars... £13.99 is pretty tempting.

The 'Go Ape' soundtrack given away with the original DKC?

Back on to All Stars... £13.99 is pretty tempting.

That would be mind blowing :bouncy:

I got this through today from game and i'm yet to pop the game in, but i expect it to be the same as mario allstars on the snes, which it is really.

But anyway, i'm really pleased with this. The boxart is really nice, a bit too tall to fit with my other wii games unfortunately though. The booklet, while small is really interesting and it shows the boxart for all the european and japanese games, there's also some comments from miyamoto and some concept drawins by him as well.

Finally, i'm currently listening to the music CD, in a word awesome. I may even track down the soundtrack CD's to some of the other mario games, Galaxy 1 and 2 i'm particularly interested in.

Personally, i thought it was worth the £20 i paid for it.